Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Electric

MA Electric IonX2, Razor and Furion Support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well that's what my furion does a slight shake on spool up and immidietly dissapears,this is without blades and with blades its even smoother.

Man ibhope I just wasn't expecting magic out of this because its a $300 airframe.

Now all I need to know is should this furion or any other EXpensive air frame spool up and run vibration free wobble free at start,or is it a normality to have it spool up with not a movement in sight.

Now of course since the blades have a tendency to find there way home on spool up,then sure you are going to see a wobble or vibe,but

What about a test spool up of the assembled head at spool up? No wobble or vibe or shakes or anything?

How OCD am I? I machine parts for space shuttle so I might be a quite
Miniature aircraft Furion 450,Beam E4 Advanced Flybarless,Thunder Tiger Mini Titan E325 v2 Flybarless,Copter x CX450pro v3,HK500CMT,Dynam Erazor 450 pro carbon,Nine Eagles Bravo SX,Copter x CX250SE,Vl911
rcpilot1982 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot1982 View Post
Well that's what my furion does a slight shake on spool up and immidietly dissapears,this is without blades and with blades its even smoother.

Man ibhope I just wasn't expecting magic out of this because its a $300 airframe. And it was made in Korea.

Now all I need to know is should this furion or any other EXpensive air frame spool up and run vibration free wobble free at start,or is it a normality to have it spool up with not a movement in sight. Should be some.

Now of course since the blades have a tendency to find there way home on spool up,then sure you are going to see a wobble or vibe,but Having the blades to tight/loose can cause this as well.

What about a test spool up of the assembled head at spool up? No wobble or vibe or shakes or anything?

How OCD am I? I machine parts for space shuttle so I might be a quite
Yes you are OCD (as am I) and you might be wanting more than what you will get. There is nothing wrong with that but only so much you can do about it. I still say go FBL and really see how smooth that heli can be.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok then i think im ok.As far as a slight wobble at super slow speed without blades,is that normal? Even my fbl beam and mini titan have a touch of that with no blades,what about that?

I really thank you for staying with me and answering my repetitive questions
Miniature aircraft Furion 450,Beam E4 Advanced Flybarless,Thunder Tiger Mini Titan E325 v2 Flybarless,Copter x CX450pro v3,HK500CMT,Dynam Erazor 450 pro carbon,Nine Eagles Bravo SX,Copter x CX250SE,Vl911
Old 02-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not 100% sure since I dont spool up without blades. Since you are going from a dead stop to instant turning (even with slow start) you will have some movement. On a hard surface or soft (grass/carpet) will not be the same. No problem on staying with ya. If you want I can try to get a short video of my spool up and email it to ya. If you do you can PM me your add.

Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot1982 View Post
Ok then i think im ok.As far as a slight wobble at super slow speed without blades,is that normal? Even my fbl beam and mini titan have a touch of that with no blades,what about that?

I really thank you for staying with me and answering my repetitive questions
I agree with C&C Guy, you never spool up without blades.

The thing to remember, is everything in the world has resonance frequencies. As long as you don't keep the thing sitting at a resonant frequency, it is fine. When you sit right on top of a resonance, the tiniest imbalance can have an extremely large effect. Typically the best way to deal with this is to bulldoze your way through the resonance as fast as possible/reasonable, to minimize the amplitude of the resonance. The other way is to have dissipative forces (like a shock absorber) which damps the oscillation and keeps it from running away.

We rely on both these techniques (not dallying around a resonance, and dissipative forces) in High Energy Physics Particle Accelerators to accelerate beam, and it works fine.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
Not 100% sure since I dont spool up without blades. Since you are going from a dead stop to instant turning (even with slow start) you will have some movement. On a hard surface or soft (grass/carpet) will not be the same. No problem on staying with ya. If you want I can try to get a short video of my spool up and email it to ya. If you do you can PM me your add.
PMED

Thank you guys
Old 02-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Still have not taken a vid. Between all the snow that keeps comming and being sick. Will get it as soon as I can.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah man I just got my replacement main shaft and main gear installed and its still the same thing.If I just have the swash and the mixer hub assembly installed,and let it spin,I feel the little thud thud very small and fine little thud but its there.

If I stop this mixer assembly from spinning,then the little thud stops and I feel nothing at all no tiny thud.

The only difference this time is that once I installed the rest of the head,and let the head spin at the same slow speed,th thud seems to go away and come back.

Also I did find that the pitch linkage rod ball connectors,if twisted to the right or left all the way,as they rotate on the ball on the swash,will hit the swash,and make a little thudding feel.

As I spool up all the way I can feel some vibration,all the way from start to finish.when your head is running with or without blades,do you feel any vibe in the drive train? I know you said your head is smooth,and even this fine vibe I have is smooth,but I hear from other people that say this is normal but some say that there head is turbine smooth,witch would mean that if you put the heli,on a table,you will hear not the slightest buzzing witch I can't believe.

Every part of the head would have to be perfect for that and that's not really possible,not that perfect.If vibration at spool up is normal then that vibe will stay,although it will smooth out a lot,its still going to be there at full speed

Or am I wrong? With your heli spooled up all the way with blades,on does the heli feel as smooth as a blow dryer in your hand ? Or do you feel a tiny vibe,I just want to make sure im not too crazy.My dad felt the heli and says he would pass it if he made it but what about your and what i described
Old 02-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just sent you a short vid to your email. Notice how smooth it is.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes thank you very much,mine is exactly that smooth,but I have this wobble in the swash at startup.

I found that never mind the mixer base,with just the swashplate installed on the main shaft,if I hold the center of the swash from spinning and allow the main shaft to spin in the center of the swash ball without spinning the swash,I have no wobble in the swash but as soon as I get the center of the swash to start spinnig,or the part of the swash that does spinn.

I get this wobble in the swash that is transferred to the main shaft,and looking atte wash ball and the hole around it,I can see that the hole is oblong and wobbling as well as the whole swash ball.

The swashplate is fualty I think as the ball is not in the center of it,I mean as soon as the swash starts spinning,I get this vibration and the main shaft starts wobbling too? What else could it be since I have a new main shaft and gear?

I'm buying a new swashplate,what do you think? Basically its smooth at all speeds but I have this wobble in the swash and looking at the hole in the center of the swash it is wobbling oblong

Also those are the same blades I have,those are nice huh? I did not know you could use those for FBL?

Last edited by rcpilot1982; 02-12-2013 at 07:22 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The swashplate is fualty I think
Have you measured it yet?? Some numbers please.

What about just trying it with some blades on as this is the configuration most copters fly in? All of this may not be noticible at operating speeds.
TurboGpz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in