Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate

Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Compass Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Another 6HV owner has been added to the ranks

I finally bit the bullet today when Nankin received their replenished 6HV FBL stock today,

I'll be running the stock motor and Hobby Wing 70HV that I already have. It was the first piece I acquired and was so excited that I programmed it (as much as could be done off the bird) and already updated to the Turnigy "Softer Start".

I also ordered the Outrage TORQ servos (hard decision to make over the standard MKS BL series), and BeastX. Added some spares, KBDD tail blades and Mike J. at Nankin suggested the KBDD Blue dampers and spacers.

I decided on the PowerLab 8 charger powered by server power supplies I'm putting together this weekend. How I'll power this monster at the field is still undetermined. I will certainly miss charging off my car battery like I did with my 450's.

All of the recommended value-priced batteries I'm interested in (and on the sticky that fit under the canopy) seem to be mostly out of stock, so for starters I just picked up a couple Turnigy 3000 mAh 40C batteries from the hobbyking USA warehouse. They were just about the only batteries they had in stock (I hope the 40Cs will fit )

GAUI X3 6S, Xnova 1860, HW 50A V3, MKS DS95, 8910A+, BeastX, Belted Tail.
isogloss3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

According to the updated sticky (latest update was today), those packs should work fine on a FBL 6HV.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the reassurance Alan. I really like the new sticky format. I must of checked that sticky just a couple hours before kevinator9 updated it. Much cleaner and easier to use. Thanks for putting in the work Kevinator9!

Old 02-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Still waiting for the fed ex guy to deliver the kit and servos.

I'm bored with nothing to do at the moment and have the Hobby Wing 70HV ESC (no bullets came on it or with it) here on my workbench with some spare 4mm female bullets in my parts bins. Does the 6HV motor come with bullets? If so, are they 4mm? I feel like soldering something, lol

Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by isogloss3d View Post
Still waiting for the fed ex guy to deliver the kit and servos.

I'm bored with nothing to do at the moment and have the Hobby Wing 70HV ESC (no bullets came on it or with it) here on my workbench with some spare 4mm female bullets in my parts bins. Does the 6HV motor come with bullets? If so, are they 4mm? I feel like soldering something, lol
Yes, the motor comes with 4mm bullets.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought a 2nd set of 40C Sky 3A batteries as hobbypartz was having a Valentines day sale. The packs came in around $85 and I've had good luck w/ the Sky Lipos so far. We'll see if my luck will continue...
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the sale tip. I just have the Turnigys for now and still have to build the thing. I guess I'm waiting for the Gens Ace to come back in stock as I've heard so many good things about them. Maybe I'll throw in a set of Sky just to mix up my batt inventory and see how things go.

Oh and my kit arrived today!!! I have everything I need except for the Outrage 9188 tail servo which seems to have gone temporarily extinct. I was warned about this.

Last edited by isogloss3d; 02-15-2012 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Beast X and Servo ball distance?

What servo ball distance are all of you BeastX users using and is this with the head block mounted on the top or bottom hole? I'll be using KBDD blue dampers so I've heard using the bottom hole is fine and shouldn't cause any ground resonance?

Old 02-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What servo ball distance are all of you BeastX users using and is this with the head block mounted on the top or bottom hole? I'll be using KBDD blue dampers so I've heard using the bottom hole is fine and shouldn't cause any ground resonance?
I am using the stock compass servo arms with the SBX (Spectrum AR7200BX) at 19mm from the center. I did however had to slightly reduce the travel to 53 degrees to get the blue light at 6 degrees of pitch. I am using Hyperion servos so I can program the servo end points without messing up anything on the TX.

Head block on the upper hole for me until I can get the longer links. Stock dampers. I have a small vibration, but not sure if it is ground resonance or something else, have not had a chance to really look in to it.

Vip.
vipula ad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Two tail servos available here http://www.helosaviationtech.com/ind...roduct=3442427
Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Buzzsaw. I'll give them a call in the morning. It seems most sites that list these servos either don't have a stock indicator or it is wrong and when I actually call to confirm stock they are not available.

Seems the magic availability date is around the Feb 22.

I found a retailer in AZ that I'd never heard of before called HELI HELI. Phoned them and got on a waiting list. The cart price is $139.95 and new customers supposedly get a 10% discount so I may get away with only paying $126.

https://heli-heli.storesecured.com/i...-torq/list.htm

Old 02-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Helos is pretty good, I have had stellar service from the owner.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good to know. Helis can be frustrating enough as it is, and ending up using a place with poor customer service might make me cry

Is that a John Deere Gator in your profile pic?

Alright I'm getting off this friggin' computer, I have a heli to build!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Polaris RZR
Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzsaw 46 View Post
Helos is pretty good, I have had stellar service from the owner.
Thanks so much for the Helos recommendation buzzsaw.

I talked to James this morning and he came through for me. He had two of the BL9188's in stock, so after my order there may now only be one in existence until February 22.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome! Glad I could help.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

They are all gone now. I saw he had a 3 pack of the 9180's priced at $220, so I snagged up the last 9188 also. Not a bad deal for 4 HV brushless servos @ $371 shipped
Old 02-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's a very nice score indeed.

I have another (newb large heli) build question about running a receiver pack so perhaps you or someone else here can help.

I understand that I can simply run straight off a 2S Lipo since I'm running HV servos and my RX (Spektrum AR8000) and BeastX can both run off input voltage in that range as well.

My question is about the connections or more importantly how they're made right before flight. I've never had to break down the power up steps because I'll I've ever flown previously are small helis with the ESC/BEC combo.

I've seen RX Lipo packs (NRG) with dedicated servo leads on them but this doesn't seem to make much sense as I can't see the practicality off having to plug/unplug these leads into the RX and/or BeastX before/after each flight.

If I had to figure this out on my own right now I'd simply stick a female deans on the 2S Lipo being used as the RX pack and make another cable with a male deans on one end and 3 or 4 servo leads coming off the other end that would plug into the RX and BeastX.

This way you would just plug in the deans connector to the RX pack, wait for the RX/BeastX to initialize, plug in flight packs to ESC and fly.

Do I have this right?

If so, where do people get the spare servo leads? My LHS sells servo extensions so I could just buy those and use the ends I need.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That's a very nice score indeed.

I have another (newb large heli) build question about running a receiver pack so perhaps you or someone else here can help.

I understand that I can simply run straight off a 2S Lipo since I'm running HV servos and my RX (Spektrum AR8000) and BeastX can both run off input voltage in that range as well.

My question is about the connections or more importantly how they're made right before flight. I've never had to break down the power up steps because I'll I've ever flown previously are small helis with the ESC/BEC combo.

I've seen RX Lipo packs (NRG) with dedicated servo leads on them but this doesn't seem to make much sense as I can't see the practicality off having to plug/unplug these leads into the RX and/or BeastX before/after each flight.

If I had to figure this out on my own right now I'd simply stick a female deans on the 2S Lipo being used as the RX pack and make another cable with a male deans on one end and 3 or 4 servo leads coming off the other end that would plug into the RX and BeastX.

This way you would just plug in the deans connector to the RX pack, wait for the RX/BeastX to initialize, plug in flight packs to ESC and fly.

Do I have this right?

If so, where do people get the spare servo leads? My LHS sells servo extensions so I could just buy those and use the ends I need.
Ya that's how I made mine up… just get however many extensions you need and have pigtail(s) that connect to your rx battery. I have the original mb and seperate rx so I have a pigtail from each one to connect to the battery…

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I used micro deans on mine and have two leads going to the Beast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in