Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default spartan gyro not holding after tail strike

hi guys,
I have two 600class electric helis, and have been using Spartan Quark gyros for 4 years now. I have never had an issue and the gyros have survived many crashes and incidents..
I have been having gyro problems with one of my 600's ... .
first I had a heavy landing and dug the tail in.. so that it stripped the tail drive gear and broke off a tail blade and bent the tail drive shaft..so when replacing the tail unit and drive gear, I also noticed that the impact had dislodged the spartan quark from its Ds-tape pad. it has been there for hundreds of flights.. I reseated it but managed to locate it 90' around.(at the time I thought it was insignificant change, as the button was now more accessible) When I came to test fly, it would not hold and spun around.
I relocated so the wire was exiting the same as my other helli, and still it was not right, so I did a complete setup and lazy-suzan table test.. and it seemed ok on lazy-susan table.
Today when I flew it, it was very slow to respond and then spun quickly on take off. I put down and moved to normal flight mode, so that it was a lot lower head speed and lifted off slowly.. it took nearly full deflection of the tail control to keep it from piro . and after full trim It was also had a pronounced tail-wag, which I had never seen before. I landed and increased the gain in the tx (DX7) from 35% to 45%. on both modes... it now held and flew (tail wag was all but gone ) but was it is still really slow to respond .. barely holding and very slow to respond..and it responds the same in both modes.
It used to be very fast and crisp to rotate the heli..

Is it time to buy a new one ?? I didn't think they got old and slow like we do !!

I may be able to perform a factory reset... but I am not sure if I have the usb device needed... ( I seem to have so many different ones, I have lost track of which is which !!) - I understand this is needed to do a factory reset. ?? - any help here ?

alternatively, is there any definitive test I can perform to confirm that the unit is undamaged. ??
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I've had tail problems that I was sure were gyro related but turned out to be bad bearings in the tail blade grips. If they get notchy, damaged in the crash, they can stick and cause all sorts of issues.
Maybe check that.

How about putting the gyro in question into the other heli and see how it works?
T-Rex 550E V1 Classic Flybar: 600MX/BL70G, AR6200, DS610 x 3, Quark/DS650, 16t/520mm blades.
Wolfpackin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in