Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow.....reading all the previous posts on the CP2 issue that Sly is having is now making me think twice if I made the right choice when i bought this product. Thanks to everyone who posted all the great tips on what and what not to do. I am planning on installing ny CP2 on a FB T-Rex 500.....and, here's hoping that my install and setup go well !!!
MAAC: 80309
kramerr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly the dogman View Post
Main thing is never lift-off with CP 2 on.
Incorrect. That's what I specifically recommend for a test flight on a FB bird. A big no-no for a FBL. Read the previous post, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly the dogman View Post
Last night "black box" told me my sensor were leveled, that in itself is good, yes ?
CP2 can't now whether the sensor is level, it's the other way around, it depends on it to determine where level is. Are you referring to a digital level? If yes, it works very well, but you need to level the frame first before trying to level the sensor.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
Incorrect. That's what I specifically recommend for a test flight on a FB bird. A big no-no for a FBL. Read the previous post, please.
The problem here is that you and night are recommending different things. Perhaps one or both could explain why you think your approach is better as I'm sure this must be confusing for sly, and others.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Reasoning for having the CPII off until your in the air..

1) Depending on your surroundings.. could affect how the CPII operates.
2) Trimming the helicopter.
3) If auto trim is set to 0 and flight angles are required to null any drifting better to have some ground clearance to see how severe the drift is in the air, than when getting light in the skids and have it do a chicken dance.

Not saying you can not have CPII on at spool up, I just never do for the obvious reasons.
Even when the setup is tweaked, I still get my machines up in the air 20 - 30 feet then flip on the CPII.
This way if there is a problem I have some time to shut it down and correct the helicopters attitude.

In the case of using it in conjunction with a FBL controller, you should never powerup the CPII until your air bourne

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

We are saying the same thing, really. Can't spool up from the ground with CP2 on if you're flying FBL, the CP2 wanting to level will likely make FBL controller tip over your heli.

Not so with FB setup. Even if CP2 it's trying to correct a bit right from the ground it's easily corrected with cyclic. The benefit is that you can spool up slowly in normal mode with CP2 on watching the swashplate and abort the takeoff if the CP2 starts doing something unexpected. Yes, you'll need at least 25-30m of obstacle-free space around your takeoff spot. When you activate the CP2 on the ground just before the spoolup you should have at most a small twitch from the swashplate, if you get a more violent reaction either your setup is wrong or you're too close to some obstacle.

I have commissioned 4 CP2 equipped FB birds this way without a crash

Night, I found initial CP2 drift very controllable when taking off like that, because you will be spooling up with some cyclic input compensating it. Once high up, you start releasing the stick slowly and watch the heli, if it drifts too much you simply don't release it all the way and land. Of course, that's just one way to do it, but it worked fine for me.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The difference between us..

All my machines are FBL, hence the reasoning for my suggestion..
Haven't tinkered with a flybar for quite some time now.

Your recommendations should be ok for a FB helicopter

Old 06-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm about 6-8 months behind with the implementation of the plan of wholesale conversion of my fleet to FBL, all the components are collecting dust in my heli workshop , the work's been interfering too much this year

The upside being enough $ to buy more helis and heli parts, of course , not that I'm addicted or anything
Old 06-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well now you have the skinny on what you need to do once your converted..

Old 06-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

At least I still know what a FB bird can and can't do unlike some hotshots around here who forgot what a flybar is (was?)
Old 06-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerr View Post
Wow.....reading all the previous posts on the CP2 issue that Sly is having is now making me think twice if I made the right choice when i bought this product. Thanks to everyone who posted all the great tips on what and what not to do. I am planning on installing ny CP2 on a FB T-Rex 500.....and, here's hoping that my install and setup go well !!!

Please, don't take my experiences with this unit as a point of reference. Set it up properly, be safe in the process and make up your own mind. I'm sure you won't regret it.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
The problem here is that you and night are recommending different things. Perhaps one or both could explain why you think your approach is better as I'm sure this must be confusing for sly, and others.

Cheers

Sutty
Thanks,
Old 06-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
At least I still know what a FB bird can and can't do unlike some hotshots around here who forgot what a flybar is (was?)
What's a flybar????

Ohhh Is that the thing like 8 track tapes???

Old 06-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No, 8-track is the thing that keeps jamming-up in my car's CD slot
The flybar's the thing that jams up the zipper on my 600 carry-bag every damn time
Old 06-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Everything is set-up, C.P's calibrated to the best of my knowledge (yea).
When I plug the pack, the swash as a bit of the gitters, then all settles, this afternoon when I flicked the switch on (CP2), the swash tilted a bit front-right, if you where behind the heli. I took pictures. Now it doesn't do it anymore, it doesn't tilt when I flick the switch on ???
Spooled it up with no blades on the bench, did not noticed swash changes from CP to normal & back.
Kinda feeling my way throught the diagrams while scrooling in the programmer. Gain's controled from the TX. Saw the ER didn't touch it, is that the same switch to power it on & off, or another switch in case of ......don't know much so I left it be.
I followed Jperkosk's tips, I think I'm all set to go. Maybe make pretty bundles of wires
so the heli looks good.
What's left to do is after a couple of flight calibrate what needs to be calibrated, can't punch in any numbers at this time. I could have flown a pack or 2 after supper but deceided to go to the field tomorow with the programmer, reference manual and 5 packs.
Any last minute thing, all inputs are welcome, as long as you don't contredict yourself and fudge me up.

Can lift off with the CP on, maybe not recommended but can be done, right.

I found my heli under a stone, it had a FB on it, so I keept it that way.

G'day gentlemen,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 157.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	325538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 158.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	325539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 159.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	325540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 160.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	325541  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in