Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't even want a Blade 500 and I still find the push backs annoying.
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL....

But I heard on the "snooze" that Foxcon..or Foxcom....is a huge Chinese fab house....making such products as Iphones, pads, what have you...and they're having sever labor issues........

And I'm not kidding,...lol...that company had to put up netting to keep workers from jumping to their deaths over these labor "issues".....

I wonder if Foxcon is making helis for HH......
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #43 (permalink)
Automotive technician - but really a rocket scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyComi View Post
Oh wow I am so glad i just got a Gaui X5 now even more. Been waiting on that damn 500X to come out from the announce date. I got the micro beast with servos and scorpion motor all for 800
Me too! I love my x5 and i love blade, there 450x was awesome. But the x5 really is in another league. hell even the x4 would be a closer comparison yet and thats out right now. Ive seen it flown by a pro, its so smooth and quick, its a mini x5! its a very nice heli. Plus the X4 is out NOW!

Oh and the gaui parts shortage is pretty much over. Only things I cant find in stock are the upgrade items.
meatwad99si is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see that Blade has come out with the 500X manual......

Pretty much the same as the 450X manual with the following exceptions....

On Setup Menu K, the max pos/neg collective pitch is 14 deg. for the 500X rather than 12 deg. for the 450X....

And they included a copy of the AMA Safety Code at the end....
Old 07-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

And this will give you a laugh.....

On RR, there is an ad for a Blade 500X "Invitational Challenge" at IRCHA in August 2012.....Aug. 18.....from 3 to 4 PM only

And yet on the Blade site, the release date of the 500X is in September of 2012....

But after reading the fine print, after selecting the non-sponsored pilots, they can "win" a Blade 500X.....I guess people will compete with whatever they have for a chance to win a pre-release version of the 500X.....

What kind of 500X Invitational Challenge is that?

Pathetic marketing, IMHO....
Old 07-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post

On RR, there is an ad for a Blade 500X "Invitational Challenge" at IRCHA in August 2012.....Aug. 18.....from 3 to 4 PM only

And yet on the Blade site, the release date of the 500X is in September of 2012....

But after reading the fine print, after selecting the non-sponsored pilots, they can "win" a Blade 500X.....I guess people will compete with whatever they have for a chance to win a pre-release version of the 500X.....

Read it again. All participants will be issued a B500X and DX18. Winner keeps both, 2nd gets just 500X and 3rd gets just the DX18.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #47 (permalink)
Automotive technician - but really a rocket scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post

Also they say if you crash there wont be another heli for you. and limited parts if you crash...
meatwad99si is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, so it's actually coming! They can't delay this event then!

I am really interested in this and to see how the 500X flys in 'normal' hands.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Question blade 700 RTF????

iv been hearing that blade is going to come out with a 700 RTF thats hard to beleave but i guess they could do it but i think it would cost about 2 grand or so i guess will see
Old 07-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade450s View Post
iv been hearing that blade is going to come out with a 700 RTF thats hard to beleave but i guess they could do it but i think it would cost about 2 grand or so i guess will see

Old 07-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Where have you heard about that??
Old 07-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
"Heard about" doesn't count if you're just repeating things read here in other threads. I've seen and heard nothing official about a 700 in the works, and would be ABSOLUTELY shocked if Blade were to even dedicate any resources to a larger helicopter until the 500 shows them how receptive the market is to Blade producing a "big" helicopter. The 500X will really show whether Blade can be accepted as a "real" helicopter manufacturer and not just a maker of toy/beginner helis. The 450X was great, and a real hit, but one big success doesn't necessarily mean that Blade is there yet.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nap, I agree with you to a certain extent.....a normal business enterprise would look at how well the larger 500X sales are before investing resources for even larger sizes.....

But China is not a normal business enterprise....the Chinese govt. subsidises their industries in many, many areas.....to make their products appear less expensive....

Blade would have an advantage because of this......

Also, China hates Taiwan.....and will spare no effort to beat Taiwan at anything they can....

Just my 2 cents
Old 07-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMHO, there is no reason that Blade couldn't come out with a 550X, 600X and 700X.

As long as they were solid like the 450X they would sell probably like hot cakes.

There are plenty of smaller Blade owners (like me) that would buy one so they have a huge upgrade path from the tiny little toy helis to proper comp spec gear...and lots in between.

I think they would be espec successful (QC not withstanding as EE has said) as they all will run the 7200BX which the 300X and 450X owners are used to.

Essentially this takes out a big issue with the setup and learning curve and makes it seem more approachable.

The only issue for me is the cost of large lipos. $200 per battery (or two batteries...600-700 class) for a 4 min flight is more than a tad steep!

I think I'll stop at the 500 class for electric helis.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailureToFly View Post
IMHO, there is no reason that Blade couldn't come out with a 550X, 600X and 700X.

As long as they were solid like the 450X they would sell probably like hot cakes.

There are plenty of smaller Blade owners (like me) that would buy one so they have a huge upgrade path from the tiny little toy helis to proper comp spec gear...and lots in between.

I think they would be espec successful (QC not withstanding as EE has said) as they all will run the 7200BX which the 300X and 450X owners are used to.

Essentially this takes out a big issue with the setup and learning curve and makes it seem more approachable.

The only issue for me is the cost of large lipos. $200 per battery (or two batteries...600-700 class) for a 4 min flight is more than a tad steep!

I think I'll stop at the 500 class for electric helis.
You're partially right on ,battery cost, but they're really only ~$75/pack unless you're buying eflite's rip off packs,but they still get steep quick. I've got a 550, a 700 and a Habu32 so I,know all about battery cost pain.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in