Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 06:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Close up of Kyles Xxtreme @ 3D Masters 2011

There is a little bit of Kyle, Jesse, and Jamie flying thier logos also..
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was great. That logo xxtreme is really moving. Good luck to Kyle, Jamie, and Jesse.
kouasupra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a comment on the video:

If you took the time to checkout the frame layout on the XXtreme, I thought I'd let you know what you see in the vid is not the "production" layout. Mikado has developed a "refined" version to the original prototypes Kyle has been flying.

Nothing with the drive trains, head or tail mechanics has been changed, as they have been well proven. The change is simply in the frame layout, and only concerns the battery compartment.

The frames have been modified to allow current 14S 5000mah class packs (and even larger packs if / when they ever appear on the market??), to be positioned further rearward in the frames, for proper CG if necessary based on other equipment used.

Also, since the machine is really too big for a 12S set-up (and thus 12S set-ups won't be common in the end...which requires the 12S batteries to be far forward in the frames for proper CG), the frames in the nose and battery compartment (forward) has been shortened.

This new "look" proportions the frames much better, and the heli looks far better than before with the canopy off. And, the frames as a whole are more compact, stiffer, and more crash resistance.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the info dave.

How many volts is kyle running to the computer fans? I run mine of a Voltz 6s 1300 with no issues.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like to explain that the fans are there due to the very hot California summer conditions we normally fly in. Helps to keep the ESC temps "reasonable", and reduces the turn around time on the motor cooling between flights significantly.

However, the first few months we had the machines we didn't install any fans, as the weather was cooler. But the Central California Valley in June, July and August...the fans are a blessing.

Anyway, they are just 12V computer fans, and we use a small 3S 850mah pack to power them. They draw so little current, that the 850 pack runs them a full day of flying with power to spare.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah it gets pretty hot in Bakersfield. :-) I bet the motor and ESC were very happy in Venlo hehe
Old 07-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea, with the cooling fans running during flight in Venlo, the ESC ran just barely above ambient (-:

Dave
Old 07-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

What was the headspeed, and pitch that Kyle ran on 753s.
jhheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 04:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want to know how long can XXtreme fly with all set up in the competition? In the video it flys 3:30. Would the new frame allow people use package like 6+6+2 cell OR 8+6 cell? For now only voltz has the 7S pack
Old 07-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfieldhummer View Post
I want to know how long can XXtreme fly with all set up in the competition? In the video it flys 3:30. Would the new frame allow people use package like 6+6+2 cell OR 8+6 cell? For now only voltz has the 7S pack
Tp have a 7S 65 C....but are more expensive than the Voltz....

Any news for release date?

Regards.
RRRappy50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q: "What was the head speed, and pitch that Kyle ran on 753s."

A: 1850 @ +/- 14 degrees.

Q: "I want to know how long can XXtreme fly with all set up in the competition?"

A: Generally four minutes when flown super aggressively with the higher head speeds and high collective pitch settings. Same as with Kyle's Logo 600's on 10S 5000mah class packs ....which again is, four minutes of hard competition style flying.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you think 2000 headspeed at 12 degrees of pitch can be run with no problem on 753s, or is it putting to much stress somewhere.

What does kyle like better 753 or 813, I no one is quicker, but what does he prefer.
jhheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see this heli going 16S very quickly in the following year. 4 min on an 800 machine is pretty short!!!
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice video from Timo Wendtland from Kyle his Set figures.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib-Oajd9KAY&feature=feedu[/ame]
Old 07-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Dave, i have a question on that YGE 160HV ESC. How comparible is to the Kontronik that Kyle usually uses on the 600's and how is the quality of it and are you using the V-stabi Gov or the YGE Gov?
Thanks; Really appreciate it Sincerely Rafael from Puerto Rico ;-)
rafaelc9436 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

We have only used the V-Bar's governor with the YGE on the XXtreme, as we really like the "tune-ability" of the V-Bar's system. So, I can't comment good or bad about the YGE's internal gov.

Also, no external phase sensor is needed with the YGE. It has a pre-wired pigtail that is used with the program card, that doubles as the sensor input to the V-Bar.

As for how the YGE performs?? What we have now is working very well, and we have the same ESC's in the machines (three of them), that we had at the XFC. They've been worked long and hard, and are hanging in there.

At the very early stages of prototyping, we had some issues that apparently revolved around the ESC's software. But that was dealt with long ago. No problems with hardware.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in