Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Rotor issues? - Throttle up= No Go?!

Hi all,

Sorry long question- but I really urge you to read on as this has frustrated me for quiet some time!! Hoping someone can bring some light to the problem - Cheers

I've got the Honey Bee King 2 and I've charged the battery made sure all wires are connected and read the manual several times over!

I turn the controller on, have the correct servo switch settings ( I think - down up down up), all the throttle levers and idle levers are to off or to neutral and then I connect the battery to the heli.

The gyro indicator automatically remains a solid red and doesn't flash at all. I move the elevator and aileron lever which controls the blades and they begin to move- so good so far! I then try the throttle and nothing!! Although I am able to seeming have control over the roll and potentially pitch the main rotor blades and tail rotor remain motionless even when I push the throttle lever to full power!

Maybe I'm missing something or haven't got something correctly configured?! Hoping there's some guys and gals who know their stuff and can offer any solutions. Would really appreciate it - cheers again!
Hedge trimmer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default K-2 questions

Hi HT, I have a K-3, new in 2009, but fairly quickly switched to better electronics, so really cant help you much as far as K-2 specifics, but there isn't THAT much difference between them.

It sounds as if there are a couple things going on. If the blades aren't moving at all(changing pitch) when you raise and lower the left stick(throttle), you likely have the PITCH SERVO plugged into either the AILERON or ELEVATOR slot on the receiver, or maybe if you are using a computerized radio??? the SWASH MIX is set to the wrong values...ie, +50% versus -50% in that menu.

Your gyro I know nothing about. If you have a manual it should give a decent idea of how it needs to be setup. It should tell you what lights to look for if the gyro is in RATE MODE or HEADING HOLD MODE. That stuff can be really confusing for someone new to the hobby, so all I can say I keep asking questions if you don't understand something.....somebody will eventually try and help. The problem with the K-2 is that nobody has one anymore...or at least will admit to it,,,,so there isn't much specific knowledge anymore. Its basically the same as any other heli tho, mechanically, so it CAN be figured out.

Give us an idea of your skill or experience level. Did you buy it new? All stock parts? What radio and receiver.
sconel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No Throttle

Wow, this is a shot in the dark but I remember something about the rudder trim causing the gyro and esc not to arm if it was not set to zero on the stock radio and gyro on my King 2. It was 5 years ago and I can't remember if the red light was solid or not. After the esc fried out staying at full throttle, I got rid of the esky esc and gyro and switched to a DX6i radio. Also some esc's need "told" what full throttle is. Can't recall if the esky is one of them.

Hope that helps.
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in