Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

John,

Think of it this way, You have the SR, its a real good training helicopter. you get any T-Rex 250 or a T-Rex 450. Your going to crash it and whats the Price of the new parts? Alot more than the SR Parts for sure.

Mind you I love my T-rex 250, 450 and 500 but I also love and Have 3 Pro 2's ( one installed into the E-Flite Huey body) and a SR. While the Por2 and SR are not a T-Rex they have their place to learn to fly.
JFandL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats what made me give up on my sr. the tail motor. i bought a rex 450 pro and never looked back, then about a month ago i added the 250. this little bugger is fun fun fun. very inexpensive to fix also. as someone else stated the 450 is like a tank, i have crashed mine 4 times and one was a 50ft drop from the sky. its hard to compare the money it costs to fix the sr to the t rex,s because your talking plastic vs aluminum?? i would say do yourself a favor and try the rex 250se.if eflite would address the sr tail motors or come out with and sr pro belt version then i might try it again i liked the size of the sr.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo24 View Post
thats what made me give up on my sr. the tail motor. i bought a rex 450 pro and never looked back, then about a month ago i added the 250. this little bugger is fun fun fun. very inexpensive to fix also. as someone else stated the 450 is like a tank, i have crashed mine 4 times and one was a 50ft drop from the sky. its hard to compare the money it costs to fix the sr to the t rex,s because your talking plastic vs aluminum?? i would say do yourself a favor and try the rex 250se.if eflite would address the sr tail motors or come out with and sr pro belt version then i might try it again i liked the size of the sr.
i love the size of the SR, how agressive is the 250 would it make a good park or back yard flier

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2010, 01:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

the 250 can be very agressive it moves around fast. today i tried carbon fiber blades and o man very touchy. yeah the sr is a good size. the 250 you could fly anywhere. its an awesome machine
Old 08-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

A string of crashes really sucks. It destroys your confidence and has you second guessing everything you do. I've been there and recently too. I smashed 3 sets of blades, 3 feathering shafts, 2 tail motors and a set of grips in 12 flights last week. I can't blame the SR for any of them. I go 30 or more flights no problem and then have a series of crashes, then another 30 or more then more crashes. It takes me 20 or so to get my confidence back and then I try something new and crash again. I keep telling my self to give up that lasts about a day and then I get new parts and start over again. So I feel ya bro.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
i love the size of the SR, how agressive is the 250 would it make a good park or back yard flier
Put it this way, once you get a 250 all set up right, the SR will more then likely become a shelf Queen! It is exactly what has happened with mine.
MCPX, MCPX BL, Nano CPX, 350QX, Blade 550X, 180cfx, T-Rex 250, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 500 Pro DFC, T-Rex 500 Dominator, T-Rex 550l Dominator, spedix 250, Tyrant, Chameleon TI Japalura, vortex 150, Vortex 250, DX9
cedron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoeldragon View Post
A string of crashes really sucks. It destroys your confidence and has you second guessing everything you do. I've been there and recently too. I smashed 3 sets of blades, 3 feathering shafts, 2 tail motors and a set of grips in 12 flights last week. I can't blame the SR for any of them. I go 30 or more flights no problem and then have a series of crashes, then another 30 or more then more crashes. It takes me 20 or so to get my confidence back and then I try something new and crash again. I keep telling my self to give up that lasts about a day and then I get new parts and start over again. So I feel ya bro.
i have been crashing every time i go out latley, i am learning new stuff and usually go home with a smile cus i hovered inverted or did a crazy flip thing. and pulled some off before i crashed it. its all part of the game. u fly it, u crash it, you fix it and fly it again.

dont let some crashes ruin your confidence just keep at it and as long as you doing your best that is all that matters.

some times i even crash doing nothing but flying slow circuits, its easy to make a mistake and go down

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Reminds me, I've seen the word circuits used differently, and I'm not sure what it means in the heli world. Are we talking doing a complete circle/loop, or going back and forth in the air with the side of the heli facing you mostly? I've done tonnes of back-and-forth, but a circle I'm real iffy about. Maybe it means both, and the width of the circuit can vary according to skill?

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Circuits are circles in front of you ideally the same height the whole way around and the same speed as well.

Last edited by Mojappa; 08-15-2010 at 09:48 PM..
Mojappa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mojappa,

build her, pay attention to the details and all will be good, the 450 is way more stable than a SR. THe crash costs for a 450 is dependent on the type of crash and how fast you can hit TH. Get some cheap blades to practice on and spare spindle and main shafts, plus a few main gears, most crashes are around $30 avg. some have been less.

I use xheli for cheap blades (FG or CF) and skids (cheaper than aligns) during the learning phase.
Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Starcruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcruiser View Post
Mojappa,

build her, pay attention to the details and all will be good, the 450 is way more stable than a SR. THe crash costs for a 450 is dependent on the type of crash and how fast you can hit TH. Get some cheap blades to practice on and spare spindle and main shafts, plus a few main gears, most crashes are around $30 avg. some have been less.

I use xheli for cheap blades (FG or CF) and skids (cheaper than aligns) during the learning phase.
I'm more fearful of a mechanical failure than a setup error, I am very meticulous when it comes to details. Also, when I pulled the blades out for the first time I had already decided to get cheap blades for learning the new heli and testing and such, the belt mod test taking out my CF CP blades taught me that lesson. I'll probably get more motivated when winter is here since I won't be flying the planks so much. My goal has been set for next spring anyway to keep it practical to pay for components so I've got a ways to go before I'm behind schedule.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Got her put back together last night. Rebuilt the head using jaydekay's "step washer against the head dampeners," and a also installed the 10 tooth pinion. So now I'm running (on the blade grips/feathering shaft) step washer, three shims, step washer. I also slid the last set of fly bar weights all the way in. Much more responsive now.

Got three packs in this morning and guess what.......no crashes!!! Man, that first lift off after a bad week of crashing is nerve racking. I was sweatin' bullets. However, after the first pack, I was fine. Got some really fast 8's and huge stall turns dialed in.

The best thing about making it more responsive was I got into trouble on pack #3. Lost orientation because of over-use of rudder and started pitching toward the ground tail-first (exact same scenario from my second crash last week) and I was able to recover this time and bring it back to a stable hover.

For those of you who haven't done it yet, GET THE 10 T PINION, or even the 11 T.

Blade mSR, shortened swash arms and flybar.
Blade SR w/ Detrum GY48V gyro, CF CP Blades, 10 T pinion, B400 head dampeners, Align 450 Landing skids, Axe CP canopy
SNOWFREAK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear the fear hasn't gotten to you. It's funny how eflite made this heli so sluggish and how fast people are doing things to undo it to make it easier to fly, who'da thunk it? Congrats on the stall turns, I remember feeling like a champion when I got them dialed in, I'd always chicken out at the top and do a quick 180 flip thing to get back into a hover and then dive back into the maneuver, it was awesome the first time I committed to staying vertical and using rudder to spin it nose down. Keep on keepin on.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

congrats to you snowfreak. its tough that first flight after a bad week of crashes. shoot after i had a crash with my 250, that first pack with my 450 my hands where shaking so bad i had to just hover for a couple of minutes and get my nerves under me. lol keep at it and happy flying.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1, congrats on the successful flights!! Each pack after a crash gets easier and easier.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!!!! It's hard to believe that just 7 months ago I had never even considered getting into this hobby. My brother let me borrow his mcx while he was out of town and the rest is history.

Blade mSR, shortened swash arms and flybar.
Blade SR w/ Detrum GY48V gyro, CF CP Blades, 10 T pinion, B400 head dampeners, Align 450 Landing skids, Axe CP canopy
SNOWFREAK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hay danny whats your gyro settings at ?
Mike258 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in