Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2015, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AR7200BX governer increasing RPM

I installed the updated firmware in my Beasx AR7200BX and set up the governor in my Hirobo Shuttle +2. I used the backplate sensor that you're supposed to use for this. The first flight felt amazing and the governor setting of around 33% gave me a very low head speed and the heli had never ever been as much fun or controllable! I was excited. Unfortunately, I soon found out that when I went into forward maneuvers that might increase the blade RPM the governor seemed to lose its control and the throttle went up until the headspeed was was way above what it should be. I'm going to put some pics on here of my setup but before I do I want to list a couple of areas of concern:

-The throttle linkage is over/under and not with both horns on the same side of the linkage. I set it up this way because I didn't want to move and reverse the throttle servo but I don't see how this could cause a problem
-The engine is small compared to what the backplate sensor says it is supposed to be used for. It is an O.S. .32 engine and I had to shave a little bit off the mount to get it to rest easily against the backplate. It passed the sensor test so I don't think this is the problem but I thought I'd mention it. So, the .32 probably has a tighter, smaller crank pin but it seems to work fine. I've tried adding washers to get the sensor back away from the back plate to see if that improved anything but it didn't, really.

Like I said I was totally impressed with this until I stopped doing test hoovers and did some sport flying. Once the engine had a chance to rev-up the governor did nothing to stop it. I can also get the same effect if I up the percentages to 39% or higher and then it's like the governor tries to work for a second in hoover but once the RPM goes past a certain point it just goes to curves or maybe full throttle.

What gives? I'll try anything you guys suggest.

Hirobozo
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
zorah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2015, 05:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you mean that she is overspeeding in unloaded conditions?

Have you adjusted setup menu i? This is where you adjust its overspeed properties. Changing the % value will only change the desired head speed.

I always found the ar7200bx gov was excellent on nitros.

Last edited by in2deep; 05-20-2015 at 03:19 PM..
in2deep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

In2deep, thank you for this reply and I will take care to look at menu i and go through setup again. I haven't had any free time in the past couple of weeks of working on my boat and fooling around at the lake.
Z
Old 06-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fixed

Hey thanks for the tips! I went through the setup paying special attention to menu I and also going through each step carefully. I made sure the barrel was half way open at 50% and so forth.

I'm pleased to report that even on this .30 sized Shuttle the ar7200bx nitro governor performs flawlessly. It really transforms the flying experience. I'll never go back to a world where throttle and pitch curves do a terrible job of regulating head speed. This is fun to fly!!

z
Old 11-28-2015, 07:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Still having issues

The governor is still allowing over speed...essentially shutting off...once I leave hover and go into forward flight or if the gov rpm I set above a certain point to begin with. I'm writing because I'm going to be working on this today starting with looking for a firmware update. Maybe setting up the throttle link to be parallel although I don't see why that matters. I'll have to reverse the servo for the link to be parallel.

Chime in if you have ideas. I admit this is an odd setup being a .32 engine and this was intended for larger engines but it passes the sensor test. Must be something else.

Hirobozo
Old 07-19-2016, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you ever figure this out? i am having a similar problem.
CapnFly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here.. Lots of flights trying to get the gov to work right but whatever i did, even with advice from the developer, i could not get it to stop overspeeding. And everytime it did the rpm would not drop down to the set rpm
Old 07-26-2016, 11:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default AR7200BX governer increasing RPM

What tx are you using? Are you sure the gov is even active? I use a dx8 and I mixed it with my IU switch.

Could also be a problem with the 1 way bearing.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Futaba 10C which i know inside and out. Gov was active cause it but in the end i suspect the backplate sensor not being totally compatable. On way to know for sure is to use magnets and a normal gov sensor. For now i am more than happy with the Multigov.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in