Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What Fuel for the 2014 season?

My Hyperion 550's flown in the past 18 months are getting tired. (no complaint)!
Should I order more Hyp 550's or did you find something better?
Heli+yeah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lipos

There are some Nanotechs that I really like. 350mah or 450mah and 65C ! I don't want any more Hyperion 550s.

I get 3:30 out of the 350mah and a full 4 minutes from the 450mah battery. These times are really making an HP06 work. They are somewhat Mickey Duck to mount = velcro on the bottom of the battery holder and some on the rear of the skids for two points of 'grip'.

One really good thing about these batteries: I use FAI skids because they have a wide stance and room for these wide lipos. The FAI skids are so short that when one leg is broken the heli still sits fairly level because of the battery.

AND Oversky 300mah 45C batteries for my mcpxs with the Matt Bockman Black Dragon motors. & dbl bl nanos. I tried the 300mah 45C Nanotechs and they are nothing compared to Oversky 300mah 45C. They fade before 3 minutes whereas the Oversky has power to 3:30 and more.

Let me know if you know of anything better...

Last edited by daveapplemotors; 05-11-2014 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: corrected specs
daveapplemotors is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 02:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using 300mah Nanotech 45C cells with my HP05/HP03T and flying at 75% governed for 4 minutes. They hardly get warm and have not puffed. I have stopped using 550's since I got these.
smith.sd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I have been hearing good word about the nanotechs. I'm currently flying an hp05/hp03T also. I do have 3 glacier 600's that are running strong but are also awkward in size and a little over weight. I think I'll give the nanotech 65c's a try.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hyperion 550's with Deans micro plugs are still the best option for your setup.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default have you tried the Naontechs?

Sskuag recommended the Nanotechs last fall. You had to split a 2S pack made for a 130X. The lipos are awkwardly sized but they kick butt. Now you can buy them in 1S.

On my first test flight with one of those 65C 450mah Nanotechs my HP06 completely spun the white main gear off and spit it out. That gear had been good enough for Hyperions but
couldn't take one pitch pump with real POWER.

I think the 550mah Hyperions have had their day. They can't compete with 65C.

I use Mini Deans and am converting one of my Black Dragons to Mini Deans to try the 350mah version of those Nanotechs, which, BTW, deliver 3.5 minutes of good power to my HP06 machines.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Hyperion 550's with Deans micro plugs are still the best option for your setup.
Craig, I did also roll the dice with an order of 6 more Hyp 550's. Deans micro plugs---- yep.
I do have a concern about the Hyperion brand, seems to be fading away. Clearance sale's on all their past excellent equipment all over the place and no new product announcements anywhere.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What Fuel for the 2014 season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveapplemotors View Post
Sskuag recommended the Nanotechs last fall. You had to split a 2S pack made for a 130X. The lipos are awkwardly sized but they kick butt. Now you can buy them in 1S.

On my first test flight with one of those 65C 450mah Nanotechs my HP06 completely spun the white main gear off and spit it out. That gear had been good enough for Hyperions but
couldn't take one pitch pump with real POWER.

I think the 550mah Hyperions have had their day. They can't compete with 65C.

I use Mini Deans and am converting one of my Black Dragons to Mini Deans to try the 350mah version of those Nanotechs, which, BTW, deliver 3.5 minutes of good power to my HP06 machines.

Do you have a link for these 450mah batteries? I've tried looking but no luck.

Cheers,

Pete
Old 05-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default URL 65C lipos

I found a 2S pack for 130X that you must spit:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

And a 350mah 65C battery:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

I am sorry but I cannot find any 450mah 1S 65 C batteries anymore. I may have been wrong about HK offering them. But you can get 450mah by splitting a 2S pack.

I have not seen LVC on any of these flying hard 3D in my HP06s for 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hey Steffen, Look!

Rich at Airtime Skids made some skids for the 45C Nanotech 450mah half-packs,

Pictured: one of my HP06 beasties with Airtime skids

Thanks for the tip on those batteries. Good stuff!

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01183.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	539301   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01182.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	539302  
Old 10-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

anyone ever used lectron pro 3.7v I think 300mah 35c batteries? I need some new ones and these looked good. I'd like to mess with hypertension but I believe I need better than 25c, I can tell a big difference between 20c spyder batteries and 30c e-flight ones. Thanks
StuckNaTree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckNaTree View Post
anyone ever used lectron pro 3.7v I think 300mah 35c batteries? I need some new ones and these looked good. I'd like to mess with hypertension but I believe I need better than 25c, I can tell a big difference between 20c spyder batteries and 30c e-flight ones. Thanks
Your going to need more juice then 300mAh depending on what brushless set-up you have. You can probably get away with it running a C05 but anything larger, you'll need more.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Your going to need more juice then 300mAh depending on what brushless set-up you have. You can probably get away with it running a C05 but anything larger, you'll need more.
Ya my brushless setup isn't that powerful. Though I got it second hand so I am not sure what kind of bl motor is in it, the one that came with helimax esc. Looks like a mcpx bl motor, not the short fat one like CO5. What would ya suggest then? Thanks

Edit: I have been using spyder 250mah 20c batteries and they work ok, get around 3min flight, but just lacks power and will cut out if I try and push collective a bit much.
StuckNaTree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

According to my powerlab those nanotech "65c" have an actual c rating of 20
MotorG525 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 65C nanotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorG525 View Post
According to my powerlab those nanotech "65c" have an actual c rating of 20
Thanks for an actual measurement.

The nanotechs are getting old. I don't get 3 minutes flying 3D my HP06s anymore. But they seem to have more punch than the Hyperions ever did.

I am going to buy a couple of new Hyperion 550s and a couple of new Nanotechs. I will test them side by side.

Anyone know of anything better?
Old 10-26-2014, 08:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nanotech 450mah and Oversky 300mah, Air Time skids

For my HP06s:
I have been using some 450 mah 65C Nanotech lipos (1/2 packs) from HK. They have all gone bad except one (guess 60-80 cycles). And I am going to buy more because they have the best punch I have ever seen when new. My Hyperion 550mah 25C lipos might last me a bit longer but they are all trashed, too. I'll try the Nanoechs again and a couple Hyperion 550s again for comparison. The Naontechs weigh 13 grams. The mcpx weighs 48 grams.

Anyone have a favorite strong 3D battery suggestion for an HP06 V2 with HP03 tail?

For my BD-14s, Black Dragons:

Oversky 300mah 45C packs still have power. I was lucky enough to get a bunch from Dylan. 90% of them anyway are still going. 2 went bad.

Air Time Skids

Air Time fabricated skids for the Nantech 1/2 packs and can do more. He, Rich, also
has skids for the stock mcpx lipos wich are just right for the Oversky, too.

He fabricated some custom ncpx skids, too.

His skids are cheap !

Not cheaply made, just economic. I was spending $ 6.99 almost every time I turned around or gluing to re-enforce or repair Blade skids. At near twice the price Air Time skids are a screaming deal because they don't break.

I bought a set of Air Time skids for each of my 7 helis --3 nanos and 4 mcpxs. As a conscientious tester -- I crash. But after 5 weeks not a singe break, And they look great. I got some of the wide stance babies. And they are light.

Buy them. Rich is a good guy. airtimercproducts@gmail.com
Old 10-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been looking at the nanotech 450s too. I read last year that you couldn't solder half of the pack because of the aluminum tabs. Did you figure out a way to make it work? I wondered if conductive tape might be a solution? What are your thoughts on that?

In general what is the procedure for converting the 2s pack into two 1s batteries? I'd like to have a good idea before I dive in. Thanks!
sethy79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default half-packs

I carefully cut the solder smack in the center. If I am very careful I get the cut right and some solder is stuck to each cell.

That is the only way I ever got two batteries out of the 2S. I messed up on about half and I have not learned how to solder to that aluminum, yet.

I rationalize this way--Hyperion 550 cost $8 and so does one of these 2S Nanotechs. If I succeed and get two cells, GREAT! If not I still have a better pack than the Hyperion for $8.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

the glacier 3s 450 packs are really nice quality and cheaper then the 2s nanotechs. They are giving me readings of true 36c on the same setup where the nano techs showed me 22c
MotorG525 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

PowerMaster 30%. You call batteries "fuel"? Get any weird looks? Just busting your chops. JK.
srhadden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in