Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunjah413 View Post
Its actually the whole tail assembly thats referred to as V1, V2, and V3. You are right in reference to there only being a V1 and V2 tail rotorx
Aha! So for the purposes of talking about the tail rotor only, v2 is acceptable then?
Spektrum DX7s
GeneralAntilles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes. I think the V2 assembly was just a short production run before they eventually made the V2 Prop. Makes it easier if you just call it V2 as opposed to V3.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Started an outline for a basic brushless upgrade page tonight. Going to go through the steps to install a C05M with an Oversky 10A and an extended tailboom (without soldering). Would like to include some pictures, but I've already cut up both of my Oversky ESCs.

Will Dylan ship the C05M with a 3-pin plug soldered on? Is this a rabbit hole I should be going down? Seems like the only obvious missing option for an effectively plug-in-play brushless solution for beginners since the Oversky doesn't require any soldering, but now I'm starting to convince myself that a solderless setup guide maybe isn't the best idea. . . .
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do solder the connector on the C05M motor when purchased with an Oversky 10A ESC....Should probably make a not of that on the site!

So yes, I sell a truly plug and play brushless setup.

Dylan
Dylwad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
I do solder the connector on the C05M motor when purchased with an Oversky 10A ESC....Should probably make a not of that on the site!
I will note that on the wiki then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
So yes, I sell a truly plug and play brushless setup.
Excellent, full steam ahead on the article, then, I guess.
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Posted a stub for a BLHeli article. Just the arming sequence for now. Will add more as I get time.

Done a bit of cleanup on the existing mCP X information to make it more up-to-date and remove obsolete issues (like the blade grip bearing failures) from out of the spotlight. Also added Dylan's new frame cage and rear-AR bracket to the aftermarket parts page.
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-27-2012, 03:03 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is fantastic. I wish I had more knowledge to add, hopefully I can learn some in the future, but for now I will just be taking knowledge!

Keep it up, it seriously takes forever to find stuff in the forums, and I feel like the same questions get asked once a day

Your efforts are MUCH APPRECIATED!
davidvm3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

GeneralAntilles,

Great job on the wiki. I will Sticky your thread if you want.
Feel free to add any of my information from my Blade mCPX BL Conversion to the wiki.

mCPX Brushless Conversion - Pictures, Video, Flight Times, Thrust, Parts List

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=338039

I also have TX Settings for the mCPX if you would like to add a link to them in the wiki.

Blade mCPX - DX6i/DX7/DX8 TX Settings for Beginner/Normal/3D

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=399727

Tom

Last edited by CX2Pilot; 04-27-2012 at 08:06 PM..
CX2Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Pilot View Post
Great job on the wiki.
Thanks! Hopefully it'll cut down on some of the more common support questions which tend to crop up.

Quote:
Feel free to add any of my information from my Blade mCPX BL Conversion to the wiki.
Awesome! Thank you. Biggest thing is I'm trying to hunt down visual aides for the how tos.

Quote:
Also I will Sticky this thread if you want.
Seems like it could be useful.
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
Unless you guys want a dedicated domain and hosting setup for a brushless wiki or a dedicated MCPx wiki.

I run a web hosting company. Give me a +1 if you would prefer a dedicated site and I will set it up with MediaWiki for all to edit. Or, let me know if you disagree... just offering :-)
+1 from me too.
Contributor, Team LavaQuad
halcyon32 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon32 View Post
+1 from me too.
Too late. Already thousands of characters deep in EFlightWiki. *g*

Thanks, again, to vertico for the kind offer, however.
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #32 (permalink)

This addition to the site is GREAT! Keep up the stellar work ;-)

Quick question. Where is the upgraded canopies? Me and a fellow member here will be releasing a new hood anytime now. REAL CARBON and not just the regular old mtdr design either. Had to switch it up.

OK one more. How about repairs? Did I miss that in my quick scan? Perhaps a trouble shooting section? Then where to send it when you can't figure it out?
new bee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by new bee View Post
This addition to the site is GREAT! Keep up the stellar work ;-)
Technical writing and community facilitation happen to be two of my specialities, so I figure the wiki is probably the best way for me to contribute here. Hopefully both those asking questions and those answering them over and over will benefit.

Quote:
Quick question. Where is the upgraded canopies? Me and a fellow member here will be releasing a new hood anytime now. REAL CARBON and not just the regular old mtdr design either. Had to switch it up.
Feel free to add canopies to the aftermarket parts page. It's still a bit underdeveloped.

Quote:
OK one more. How about repairs? Did I miss that in my quick scan? Perhaps a trouble shooting section? Then where to send it when you can't figure it out?
Not added that yet, short of the existing content that I moved onto the known issues page. A post-crash what-to-check page would be useful. That could segue into a part-by-part repair page that might include information about who you can ship a broken 3-in-1 board to for repairs or similar.

These links will take you right to the page creation forms for the suggested pages:
Blade mCP X troubleshooting
Blade mCP X repairs
Blade mCP X after-a-crash
Spektrum DX7s
Old 05-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Naito (possibly inadvertently *g*) touched on an interesting issue that I've been wresting with over that past week over in the recent tail recommendations thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naito View Post
GeneralAntilles, that page was really well done, the charts are great! Could add some more details, but might be better off pointing to threads here for those in order to keep it easy to read there.
The correct amount of detail is an interesting question. Take the pitch table on the main mCP X page. That's difficult data to gather that isn't available anywhere else I've seen. Unfortunately it sort of clutters up the article, and, realistically speaking, how many users visiting that page are going to benefit from it? Yet it's good information. Or the mention of aftermarket fixed-pitch blades. Again, interesting and potentially useful but mostly just clutter for the average visitor to that page.

When I started expanding the mCP X information on the wiki it was all contained within a single article* so I started pulling off the information into separate, smaller pages (aftermarket parts, brushless, known issues, etc.) to break it down into more consumable sections and using the Main template to indicate to the reader that they can find more information on a topic on another main page (exactly like Wikipedia does).[1] I think we can use this same strategy with the more esoteric stuff. So if we have a series of charts on the main mCP X brushless page, but want to go into additional detail that would overwhelm the existing page, simply add a {{Main|}} template to the top of the section and move the detail information into a new article.

Then readers can drill down into the detail as much (or as little) as they like and avoid being overwhelmed by less-relevant information in overview pages. As an example, using the fixed-pitch-blades-on-mCP-X topic above, we could simply create a new page—Blade mCP X fixed-pitch blades—and put all of the relevant information and which blades, how to install them, how to configure your transmitter, expected flight characteristics, etc. there. Then link it from the Taming the mCP X section in the main mCP X article. Tada: detailed when you want it, succinctness when you don't.

[1]Particular thanks to existing editors like RobinBennett who did the heavy lifting on that, by the way.
Spektrum DX7s

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 05-03-2012 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: BBCode failmastery
Old 05-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

all these wiki links result in "The website cannot display the page" for me
Yamahajrp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #36 (permalink)

All links work fine for me

I would like to help add to the pages but this is not my cup of tea. I have enough trouble posting on the forum and it making since. You keep up the good work though. You do a very good job at getting the facts down and it looking and sounding good!
new bee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

it works now, maybe a site error at that time. Looks great and very informative and easy to understand
Old 05-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fabulous work and wiki's! Any chance of burdening you with a request for same for MSRX ?? that sure would be useful too!

Cheers
RaiDar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiDar View Post
Fabulous work and wiki's! Any chance of burdening you with a request for same for MSRX ?? that sure would be useful too!
Yeah, VoltFlyer started in on it. I'm rather low on free time right now but it's on the list.
Spektrum DX7s
Old 05-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

awesome, no pressure, and certainly no expectations. whatever comes along will be a blessing.

Cheers
RaiDar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in