Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Cypher 3D

Cypher 3D EF Cypher 3D

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #1001 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This post is a mile stone event. The Cypher thread has reached 1,001 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Globs beat me to the 1000 post, but I get the first post for the second thousand posts.

I am selling one of my Raptor 30's to pay for the electric conversion of the second Raptor. I think I will convert it instead of getting the EXI500, for now.

James, those servos have good ratings. They do sound good for the price.
Dru.
blvdbuzzard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #1002 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool - didn't realise I made the 1000th. Flew mine today too, restricted it to eight and a half minutes because of the intense cold. Boy was it cold. Really really cold. Freezing.

I need to move somewhere warmer! Once I find my thumbs again..
Nitro: Hirobo Shuttle Plus, 450se Flasher, Walkera 4#3b.
Globs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #1003 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Crashed my poor Cypher today after putting time and parts in after the last crash...I've had it !!

Chris
maddog57 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #1004 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog57 View Post
Crashed my poor Cypher today after putting time and parts in after the last crash...I've had it !!

Chris
Doh! What happened (and isn't NY supposed to be under 2' of snow?)?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #1005 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Chris, some times it is hard to keep them up right. I have replaced enough parts to put some one through college.

One trick I have done in the past is to have one ready, and one ready for parts. I have (2) Raptor 30's. It seemed like I always had a bust bird on the table. It was a long time before I had both ready to fly for any length of time.

You may want to try the EXI450. It is a little more tame then the Cypher. The one I put together had a really good soft feel to it. It would make a good scale helicopter. They are pretty cheap. Buy (2) and use one for parts.

I did a little looking into making my Raptor 30 an E powered helicopter. Not worth it. Way more money then I can or want to spend.

Dru.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #1006 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by blvdbuzzard View Post
Chris, some times it is hard to keep them up right. I have replaced enough parts to put some one through college.

One trick I have done in the past is to have one ready, and one ready for parts. I have (2) Raptor 30's. It seemed like I always had a bust bird on the table. It was a long time before I had both ready to fly for any length of time.

You may want to try the EXI450. It is a little more tame then the Cypher. The one I put together had a really good soft feel to it. It would make a good scale helicopter. They are pretty cheap. Buy (2) and use one for parts.

I did a little looking into making my Raptor 30 an E powered helicopter. Not worth it. Way more money then I can or want to spend.

Dru.
So does that mean back to the EXI????
irjamesm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 05:00 AM   #1007 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

We're under about 1 ft of snow here so I'm relagated to hovering around on the large apron in front of my garage when the temps get above 20 deg or so. Thought I had it set up right but guess not. Wanted to trim it out after a crash repair. Had it light on the skids checking the tail, all seemed good. Got it about 2 feet in the air and it was doing the ol' bob-n-weave , I'm trying to get a handle on it, then it leaned forward and then parts were flying !! My flying skills suck !! Should've jacked her up higher to have room to correct, but guess I had my head up my butt. So... I'll repair and try again.

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders guys.

Chris
Old 02-11-2010, 05:36 AM   #1008 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry to hear that. I can trim bigger slower helis in the air but for the Cypher I usually land, put in the trim and then take off again as it can move so fast!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #1009 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well I just sold both of my Raptor 30's. One is ready to fly, the other will be Rx, gyro ready for $425.00.

Looks like I too will be ordering a EXI 500. Not sure when I will get the rest of the stuff, But it will be hanging on the rack. i will also order a new cowl for one of my planes when I do the order.

Chris, my shoulder is water proof and my beer has a umbrella over to keep the tears out

Dru.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #1010 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Too all of you that are near Hobby People. They have the 5 channel 2.4G Airtronics Rx on sale for $39.99. Well they do not have any. So they are upgrading you to the 7 channel 2.4G Rx. I picked up (2) of them today. My Cypher is going to be moved over to 2.4G on my RDS8000.

That is a deal you can not pass up.

Well I got my parts list together for my Diablo. It is going to run about $100.00 in parts. That of course is getting multiple of each part. (3) sets of C/F blades, (9) feathering shafts, (6) main shafts and so on. I shoul dget 4 or so crashes out of it.

I have also started to look at the EXI500. What I would need to spend to get it in the air.

I sold both of my Raptor 30's. One is ready to fly, the other needs an Rx, gyro and servo. I sold them for $425.00. I do need the money for other things, but I should be able to keep $100.00 or so for the EXI.

Dru.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #1011 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Too all of you that are near Hobby People. They have the 5 channel 2.4G Airtronics Rx on sale for $39.99. Well they do not have any. So they are upgrading you to the 7 channel 2.4G Rx. I picked up (2) of them today. My Cypher is going to be moved over to 2.4G on my RDS8000.

That is a deal you can not pass up.

Well I got my parts list together for my Diablo. It is going to run about $100.00 in parts. That of course is getting multiple of each part. (3) sets of C/F blades, (9) feathering shafts, (6) main shafts and so on. I shoul dget 4 or so crashes out of it.

I have also started to look at the EXI500. What I would need to spend to get it in the air.

I sold both of my Raptor 30's. One is ready to fly, the other needs an Rx, gyro and servo. I sold them for $425.00. I do need the money for other things, but I should be able to keep $100.00 or so for the EXI.

Dru.
Cool Dru, i was hopeing so,....looks pretty nice, the main rotor assembly is huge compared to the cypher...

Chris, i know how it is.....i dont fly so good either.......So why did i buy another hell-e?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #1012 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

James, there is a really long thread on the EXI 500 at RCgroups.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=991948

Dru.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #1013 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog57 View Post

Chris
I feel your pain.. Ended up breaking other parts when I was trying to get the stuck main shaft out of her.. That plastic sure can be brittle.. and the "internal structure" is one of the most expensive parts.. What a pain.. Now I have to replace even more stuff, wait longer and pay more.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Have to keep telling myself: There's too much snow to fly anyway...

Anyone replace the main shaft bearings? I assume they just drop in...

Jim
warbirdnut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #1014 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
James, there is a really long thread on the EXI 500 at RCgroups.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=991948

Dru.
Yea, ive been reading up on it.....long thread huh?

So? When you ordering yours????
Old 02-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #1015 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

James, it will be about 2 weeks before I can order it. Still trying to figure out servos for it. I will have my Futaba GY401 and 9257 servo to put in it. So I need servos, ESC, and battery.

James, the bearings should slide into the bearing pockets in the frame. Try looking over at the car section for bearings. You may find better bearings for the same or less money. I found sealed bearing that are high speed and heat rated for the same money for my other helicopter. They will outlast me.

Dru.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #1016 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbirdnut View Post
That plastic sure can be brittle..
A hot air gun can help. In fact I slid out a skid the hard way by immersing it in boiling water first - plastics love a bit of heat to stop them snapping.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #1017 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
James, it will be about 2 weeks before I can order it. Still trying to figure out servos for it. I will have my Futaba GY401 and 9257 servo to put in it. So I need servos, ESC, and battery.

James, the bearings should slide into the bearing pockets in the frame. Try looking over at the car section for bearings. You may find better bearings for the same or less money. I found sealed bearing that are high speed and heat rated for the same money for my other helicopter. They will outlast me.

Dru.
And a motor.....I think im going to order those turnigy servos from hobbycity
Old 02-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #1018 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Dru.
Thanks, wish I could find the part the bearing mounts in...
Old 02-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #1019 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globs View Post
A hot air gun can help. In fact I slid out a skid the hard way by immersing it in boiling water first - plastics love a bit of heat to stop them snapping.
Good ideas..

I had to tap out the shaft because of a stripped grub nut... I couldn't find any good way to do that.. Oh well live and learn...

Jim
Old 02-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #1020 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jim, I had to drive the main shaft out on mine too. I've found if I tighten the bolt/nut that's thru the one-way brg sleeve too tight, it buggers up the shaft hole making it hard to pass thru the components. This crash took out main shaft, feathering shaft, flybar, flybar mixing arms, main gear, skid frames, tail boom & supports, tail case and most of the tail control linkages, one 94091 servo gears, tail servo case, main blades of course, and most amazing is that the motor shaft snapped off just above the brg !! Thankfully I have lots of spare parts, so it's all new again, just needs setup.

The main shaft brgs easily pop in and out of the plastic brg blocks. I love how easy Cypher is to repair.

So when are the EXI 500s gonna be in the air? My Atom 500 is 3/4 finished. It's soooo pretty that I don't know if I can bring myself to fly it for fear of crashing Need to finish my crashing on my Cyphers first !! A 500 version of the Cypher would be very cool !!

Chris

Tags
airtronics, cypher, make that the esc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in