Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

me3 .

Dylan, as you can see from my order note, don't you see this is rather ridiculous as I don't even have my Nano yet? Hope my LHS still has stock.
Skyroo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

yepee yi yah ordered me one aswell. life is good. now does anyone know where i can order up some hyperion 240's?
bonedust is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedust View Post
yepee yi yah ordered me one aswell. life is good. now does anyone know where i can order up some hyperion 240's?
My fav 240s + best price i can find
http://www.rchelicanada.com/blade-pr.../prod_370.html
Old 10-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well damn. Sold out already?
itsmillertime0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=466906
ChrisPfligler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMark View Post
me2
me3...
Centurian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

The AD HP03S mild is already sold off??

You guys are fast.

Here is my soldering for the nano CPX XP3a.
I hide the wire from XP3a to 3 in 1 under the
battery cable so it is less wire to see. Pretty
clean, hmm?

Click image for larger version

Name:	8137558127_d08960f96a_z.jpg
Views:	1358
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	361966

The original battery cable should be cut off but haven't yet.

BTW, what battery plug do you guys use?
MCPX stock DIY firmware (Experimental)
coredump is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

iPhone woke me up with the notification e-mail around 2:50 am here in Europe so I got up and hit the order button - one mild kit on its way

Thanks Dylan, you're a real star!
T-Rex 550E DFC | AR7200BX | YGE90LV
OndaEyes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by coredump View Post

You guys are fast.

Here is my soldering for the nano CPX XP3a.
I hide the wire from XP3a to 3 in 1 under the
battery cable so it is less wire to see. Pretty
clean, hmm?

Attachment 361966

The original battery cable should be cut off but haven't yet.

BTW, what battery plug do you guys use?
Set the esc to negative pwm and tap the gate on the fet, even cleaner

Stock connectors work fine, focus on keeping them lightweight!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:30 AM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I decided to power direct to the esc and wanted to up the guage a little. Also wanted to use slightly more rigid wire so I can shape it the way I wanted.

Used 26Awg through to one of the little connectors that come with the Hyperion 180 cells. A little shrink around each termination, then I used some 5mm dia heatshrink, stretched it with two screwdrivers so I could use shrink with a thinner wall. Little ca on the edge of the plug so when it shrinks it holds the plug and takes the load off the wires. With all the plastic of the stock plug doubt it is any heavier.

Probably easier to use the stock but I thought I could improve it a little.

Amp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-30_18-15-50_468.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	361974  
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 02:53 AM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys I have been trying to get my fullbrushless nano cpx working but it remains unflyable.
My setup is:
2x XP 3A
HP03S 13500KV
2g Tail Motor with 8000KV
BLHeli 8.0, governer deactivated

The problem ist that the whole thing has no power, it's only got as much power as the brushed motor had.
The second thing ist that sometimes I'm able to fly 2 minutes without a problem, sometimes I can't even start without the tail kicking away. I'm using 190mah or 300mah LiPos and the strange thing about it is, that with the 300 it's got even less power.
n2244h is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by coredump View Post

You guys are fast.

I got alerted by my phone in broad daylight over this side of the world and threw a wad of cash off Dylan's way while you sleepy head "Mericans" were still making dreams terrorizing the neighborhood cats with your Nanos. Does Dylan ever sleep? I have yet to pick up my Nano from the LHS. Wife has no idea how much I've been spending this week, this and all the other Ebay goodies. SSSHHH........
Skyroo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 04:46 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyroo View Post
I got alerted by my phone in broad daylight over this side of the world and threw a wad of cash off Dylan's way while you sleepy head "Mericans" were still making dreams terrorizing the neighborhood cats with your Nanos. Does Dylan ever sleep? I have yet to pick up my Nano from the LHS. Wife has no idea how much I've been spending this week, this and all the other Ebay goodies. SSSHHH........
Heli's I'm good at, never got the "sleep" thing down!
Dylwad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2244h View Post
Hi guys I have been trying to get my fullbrushless nano cpx working but it remains unflyable.
My setup is:
2x XP 3A
HP03S 13500KV
2g Tail Motor with 8000KV
BLHeli 8.0, governer deactivated

The problem ist that the whole thing has no power, it's only got as much power as the brushed motor had.
The second thing ist that sometimes I'm able to fly 2 minutes without a problem, sometimes I can't even start without the tail kicking away. I'm using 190mah or 300mah LiPos and the strange thing about it is, that with the 300 it's got even less power.
Hi n2244h,

what about gear mesh? Eventually to tight? I have also a double BL Nano. Had similar problems at the beginning. No power, no tail hold. Guess what? I changed the main esc (well, after struggling with everything else before), and now all is fine. Ah, and what pinion are you running? I went with 7t since there was even less power with the 8t. And the batteries are really important. They have to be really good to deliver the neccessary power...

More than that, i have no other ideas...

Hope you get it running well soon...

Felice
felice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi felice,
thanks for your tips,
I think the gear mesh is fine. I have already replaced the tail ESC but the problem is still the same. I'm running a 8T pinion because my 7T doesn't run smooth.
The batteries I used are the same I used for the mcpx double brushless, so they should be able to provide enough power.
Maybe changing the main ESC helps. Did you just replace the 3A by another 3A or did you replace it by a completely differnt ESC?

By the way: Do I have to configure the BLHeli Software for the nano cpx or for a special motor? All I did was disabling the governor, because when it was enabled it had even less power.

Thanks for your help
Lukas
n2244h is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2244h View Post
Hi felice,
thanks for your tips,
I think the gear mesh is fine. I have already replaced the tail ESC but the problem is still the same. I'm running a 8T pinion because my 7T doesn't run smooth.
The batteries I used are the same I used for the mcpx double brushless, so they should be able to provide enough power.
Maybe changing the main ESC helps. Did you just replace the 3A by another 3A or did you replace it by a completely differnt ESC?

By the way: Do I have to configure the BLHeli Software for the nano cpx or for a special motor? All I did was disabling the governor, because when it was enabled it had even less power.

Thanks for your help
Lukas
Quite involved to arm both a main and tail blheli. I'd guess the issue is here somewhere.

I'd suggest running gov arm mode and leave the rest default.

Set your norm throttle to 0,19,19,19, 70
The 70 value tells the esc what throttle point to govern too. You can set it to 100 to see what headspeed is avail but obviously there is no headroom then.
Idle 1 flat 100 for now (that is tail mix when in arm mode so it doesn't effect main rpm at all. Play with it later)
To arm main power up in norm then go full throttle...esc sees the 70 value, then back to zero. Take off in norm then flick to idle up (not that the headspeed will change at all). The 19 value is so the esc goes out of governor mode. I run 19,52,52,52,63 so I can arm at either a 52 governed headspeed or the 63 if I'm outside

Tail needs to see it's arming procedure too so you'll have to encorporate that into your stick movement.

Presumably you have decent powers going straight to main esc > then tail > then board

Amp
Old 10-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs4reak View Post

BTW: I don't have a clue of which settings are OK for this motor (timing etc) Can you help me out, Walter?
maybe now I can.

It is probably in Dylans response - I ordered my stuff for modifying my Nano frame maybe 20 hours ago - and it still did not arrive!!!

Because I did not want to wait anymore, and because I did not really believe, my Turnigy 1015 IR is so bad and I wanted to tinker and I had made such good experience with my 2s mCP x I did it:

I made my first 2 s Nano CPx

I know, it is stupid, I know it does not make much sense, and I know I cheat the aim of the Nano, light and nearly indestructable - but I still have a second stock Nano.
And it works - and it is horrible

I read, the 1015 Turnigy Inrunner should work with 2s (in the HK discussions), and 2s also seems to work perfectly in my Turnigy 1220 IR mCP x - so what...
I mounted the 7-t pinion of the stock motor.

I used a RC-Timer 6A ESC because it is smaller than the Turnigy Plush 10A I use in my 2s mCP x.
Use UMX/130x plugs and custom Zippy 240 mAh 20c batteries I had made for my 130x (very short flight times in 130x) and Lipolice 200 mAh 20c 7.4 V; both batteries are about 12.1 g including plugs and wires.
These batteries fit perfectly into the Frank Lachmund TDR landing skids.
Used stock canopy - did not want to destroy the TDR , and stock tail motor (even with stock and not yet KBDD tail rotor).

I had again start up problems with the motor and played around a little bit with the settings.
With those settings I had success:

But I am grateful to anyone for tips for improving those settings - I am quite a nob in programming BL heli software.

The power of the heli is horrible - it is comparable to my strongest mCP x.
Sometimes it has some vibrations, similar to 130x, but only sometimes.
Tried to measure rpm, but this is not possible indoors with my Turnigy tacho - have to do it when flying outdoors, measured values between 7000 (maybe) and 11800 (not possible) rpm, - the tacho does not work properly without good and bright sunlight.

I flew 5 batteries indoors so far - and: wow, wow, wow.

But you are right: This is not the sense of the Nano

Flighttimes with (old) Zippy 240 2s were 4 min, with Lipoly 200 5 - 5 1/2 min.

Best thing:
The Nano 2s has horrible power - but the (stock!!!!) tail holds perfectly, really perfectly!

ESC and Turnigy 1015 run quite hot (as expected - but the IR of the 130 x also runs hot), but the tailmotor runs "hottest" - I think, I should make longer breaks between flights or I will burn the tailmotor.

It is stupid - but it is cool - and if Dylan does not hurry up with my base plates, I cannot mount my HP03s.

Do not know, if my Turnigy 1015 would also have run better with changed settings.

Zippy 240 2s in Frank Lachmund skids

LiPoly 200 mAh 2s

RC-Timer 6A 2s ESC - Power for board and tail motor taken from BEC.

Turnigy 1015 Inrunner in modified stock frame.

Weight with stock canopy, 2 mm tail rod, Lachmund canopy (and still additional, not used stock battery plugs) about 32.5 g.

Weight with Zippy 240 2s battery (12.1 g).

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi
I am new to both the nano and the idea of going brushless.i have the skills to alter the nano I just need an instruction manual, where in this thread should I look or has anyone done a rebuild blog or similar.
Kendrick
Kendrick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kendrick,

i think this is a good starting point:

http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...-and-downloads

Felice
felice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just tried to write an explanation of setting up gov arm mode by tx programming and utilising the idle up curves for adjusting tail mix (pre-comp)

Here: https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=417

Amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in