Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > HobbyWing ESC's

HobbyWing ESC's HobbyWing ESC Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2015, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hw 100a v3 plz help no 2 beeps

trying to get my hobbywing 100a v3 to calibrate throttle endpoints. I have throttle curve straight linear line. turn tx on put throttle at high(100) and connect esc without throttle hold on. All I get is da da de then 6 beeps and then 1 long beep. am not getting the 2 short beeps telling me to move stick to low(0). am using neuron fbl and throttle endpoints are 0 low and 100 high. plz help just got the heli built and want to at least hover it. ive read a few other threads about this but no answers I see yet
riddle326 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

used a program box and reset to default. I get da da de then 1 beep not the 2 beeps like im suppose to get and the 6 beeps then long beep. Is there anyway to tell if it has been calibrated or not? or what does the one beep mean?
Old 09-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddle326 View Post
trying to get my hobbywing 100a v3 to calibrate throttle endpoints. I have throttle curve straight linear line. turn tx on put throttle at high(100) and connect esc without throttle hold on. All I get is da da de then 6 beeps and then 1 long beep. am not getting the 2 short beeps telling me to move stick to low(0). am using neuron fbl and throttle endpoints are 0 low and 100 high. plz help just got the heli built and want to at least hover it. ive read a few other threads about this but no answers I see yet
Hey dude, got sent your question from the support team.

To set the throttle calibration set your normal curve to 0, 25, 50, 75, 100. Setting it at a straight curve like you would in setting your idle up curves, the esc can see the full range of throttle.

You will set a flat 50 throttle curve in normal mode to set the Gov store if you are using the internal governor let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions.

We are working on an instructional setup video which will be released soon to help in the set ups
Old 09-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

that's what I have set up. 0 25 50 75 100 but im not getting the 2 short beeps. if I restore default with program box and make heli gov off I sometimes get a single beep after the initial da da de but not the 2 short beeps. have throttle endpoints set up in neuron fbl at 0 and 100 ???
Old 09-10-2015, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

went into neuron and changed setup from softstart no governor to direct. now when I powered heli on with stick up it went into programing I think, disconnected and plugged in again I think it went thru initial beeps then pause then I heard a 2 short beeps but am not sure went ahead and lowered stick and let it go thru 6 beeps and long beep. how can I be sure its calibrated and that wasn't just the program beeps??
Old 09-10-2015, 10:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you hear the 2 beeps, you have a short amount of time to lower it to 0 beeps.

With your Neuron, you can check the endpoints of the throttle by adjusting them in the gov menu.

Calibrating the hobbywing is quite simple and most people are not sure if it was successful but im sure you did it right

-Randy
pmpnavt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2015, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddle326 View Post
went into neuron and changed setup from softstart no governor to direct. now when I powered heli on with stick up it went into programing I think, disconnected and plugged in again I think it went thru initial beeps then pause then I heard a 2 short beeps but am not sure went ahead and lowered stick and let it go thru 6 beeps and long beep. how can I be sure its calibrated and that wasn't just the program beeps??
Same problem for me, thank's for have been post the solution
reco_very is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 04:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSyd3D View Post
Hey dude, got sent your question from the support team.

To set the throttle calibration set your normal curve to 0, 25, 50, 75, 100. Setting it at a straight curve like you would in setting your idle up curves, the esc can see the full range of throttle.

You will set a flat 50 throttle curve in normal mode to set the Gov store if you are using the internal governor let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions.

We are working on an instructional setup video which will be released soon to help in the set ups
Hi, I am using the neuron, and all these days I was trying to calibrate the throttle for the HW 50A V3, in the neuron, I take direct control from the ESC, and on HW 50a, I take that as airplane mode, and disconnect the program box and power off. with TX full throttle and linear curve from 0-100, I connect the battery with also throttle hold off, it beeps 4 times with my 4s battery and initialize then spool up, luckily with blades off, if not, it should be full throttle spin up and must have hurt, did I do anything wrong?
Old 08-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Reverse throttle mayby
stefan 1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not recognising zero throttle. You need to calibrate the throttle to the esc after you calibrate the throttle to the neuron. Leave the gov off in the neuron until this is done. Also, disconnect the gov cable to there is no interfere during the calibration

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in