Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Kasama Helicopters and Upgrades

Kasama Helicopters and Upgrades Kasama Srimok 90 Helicopters and Upgrades Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Seriously considering a Srimok 90n build

Hope this forum is still active!

I'm real close to pulling the trigger on a Srimok 90n. Its the fly barred version, and I would certainly change it to FBL. I see a conversion for around 175, and then a Competition Arm Grip set available as well. Do I need the Comp arms as well? What do the comp arms add to the setup?

Im assuming this is one of the early models, are there any particular weak points, or parts that have since been upgraded? Any nuances I should be aware of with owning one of these? I know parts support is only available overseas now.

Any help is appreciated!
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2015, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would check out the kasama.co.uk site as there on special offer and you can see the price for upgrades.

Sorry just checked and the 90N with cyber head is out of stock.
Concept DX30 MCPX

Last edited by dw45; 04-28-2015 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: more info
dw45 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The heli I'm considering is a used fly barred version, the questions I had were related to upgrading the FB to FBL.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just built a flybar version not long ago. A couple of things to be aware of are mounting the gyro sensor (in your case the FBL unit) properly and fit of the fuel tank. In my case I used to much tape under the gyro and the tail had a real bad drift to the right. When I went to only one layer of 3m 4011 tape the drift disappeared. The fuel tank on mine fit pretty tightly in the frame and when it was running the fuel looked like it was boiling in the tank. I fixed this by cutting the tank rubbers into smaller pieces. This worked because now my ship has no foaming issues. Some people cured this by enlarging the fuel tank holes in the frame.

Hope this might help.http://www.espritmodel.com/ksm1090h1...-head-set.aspx

Click on the link above. Looks like Esprit still has some parts in stock.
jiminator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2015, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd start fresh and get the fbl head upgrade, looks as if esprit have one left.
Of course I advise a full strip down and rebuild, let me know if you need a manual I have the PDFs if you can't find them.

If shopping on our site and postage price goes crazy, just check out without postage and I'll send you a separate postage bill for the correct cost.

Check legs for fractures, crown gear, plastic ball links, clutch, all bearings of course.
Hope this helps.

BenScoobert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2015, 06:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Seriously considering a Srimok 90n build

Thanks Ben.

I passed on the one I was looking at originally and picked up a FBL version with 6 flights on it. Had a long conversation with him on the phone. Hes got 5 of them and is a real enthusiast and fan of the brand.

Still unclear about the benefit of the comp arms kit. What does this upgrade accomplish?

Old 05-01-2015, 03:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2deep View Post
Still unclear about the benefit of the comp arms kit. What does this upgrade accomplish?
That looks like a good purchase! The comp arms mean you can get around 1° more pitch and they're sturdier, so there's no flex. I would suggest just flying it as it is for now. I can't imagine you're a heavy stick banger if you've bought a Srimok, which fly smoothly and accurately.

Probably more beneficial to the comp arms is swapping to the low rider head, which will drop the main disc down about 19mm.

One big thing to watch for on the Srimok is the rear servo linkage. In your pictures, you can see it can actually switch to run in the opposite direction. If you don't notice this before you power-up, it can burnout the servo very easily.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to add, if you lower the head, there's a plastic sleeve you can get that goes in the middle of the feathering shaft to limit the teeter. This may be advisable to avoid a boom strike. (although, it's just an added safety measure, I don't know how likely a boom strike is anyway because the clearance is still pretty good.)
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in