Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2016, 08:28 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well this annoying "Feature" caused me to crash, luckily into long grass so only stripped the main gear.

This aircraft was perfect before Firmware 2.0. Now we are one month on from the last post has anybody come up with a solution, I Don't have room to add any further 3M/Gel pads etc, if you are familiar with the Trex 250 you will know space is at a premium! besides it worked on Firmware 1. Can i go back?

My 180CFX is still on Firmware 1 and I refuse to upgrade it because of this issue. I was just about to buy a brain for my 450 too but am holding off on that now.
PugMaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

First off I don't see any value in AL mode for myself. I've gotten it to work on my 180cfx, but it is basically useless since it fights my ability to fly the bird. Another on HF suggested using it though to adjust for drift by adding clicks to the swash level program step. Thus solved my drifting to the point where when I activate the AL bank the heli just sits there hovering.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't want to fly it in AL mode but since when i do want to flick the switch and use AL is because i have got myself in a mess it's not helpful if the Heli shoots off else where. Instead up applying bailout it's a bit like applying "Fly off in a different direct randomly".

It just seems wrong that the latest and greatest version of the firmware takes functionality away and for me the earlier version worked better. Whilst i accept my heli might not be perfect and may have a vibration the fact still exists that i only have issue following upgrade.

I will look into tweaking the swash in that step since that's probably what the old setting would of done anyway i assume.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would go and fix the vibes. your heli does not like vibes. I don't like vibes and you probably don't like vibes.

fix the vibes and check your mechanical setup.

once you do that, you won't have problems with the updated firmware.
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMaster View Post
Well this annoying "Feature" caused me to crash, luckily into long grass so only stripped the main gear.

This aircraft was perfect before Firmware 2.0. Now we are one month on from the last post has anybody come up with a solution, I Don't have room to add any further 3M/Gel pads etc, if you are familiar with the Trex 250 you will know space is at a premium! besides it worked on Firmware 1. Can i go back?

My 180CFX is still on Firmware 1 and I refuse to upgrade it because of this issue. I was just about to buy a brain for my 450 too but am holding off on that now.
Up date your firmware. I'm a summing you have the original Ikom/brain
They newest version is way more vibration tolrent.

I had a bent main bent feathering shaft and a servo that was on its way out on my 180cfx

Would rsecure just fine ...

Everyone blames the FBL unit .... it's rarely the cause.

I use one layer of grey 3M tape on my 180

Can always check it on the Vibe log also...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 04:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, this is driving me nuts, I have removed main and tail blades and checked the swash is level on the "swash plate" step of the wizard. I have also run the real time vibration analysis and everything is fine.

What i have noticed is to enter the "swash plate" step i have to enable throttle cut when throttle cut is on my swash is bang on when i switch throttle cut off my elevator server (SRV-2) and SRV-3 drop down slightly and SRV-1 rises slightly and i believe that is what is causing the problem.

My next step will be to go through setup again. Looking on my DX9 i have my elevator and rudder channel reversed which i believe is incorrect and should be done via the software?
Old 09-01-2016, 04:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had fully working rescue & auto-level for about 20 flight and then it suddenly started to drift after rescue. For 5 next flight it drifted usually backwards but one time to the side. Drift was quite hard and I could barely hold heli in place with full elevator/aileron input. Then for the sixth flight during startup swash started doing around 15 pitch pumps and rescue stopped working.

Reading these drift problems previously from here I thought it most probably is setup issue, but after this experience I have changed my mind and would guess it is caused by faulty accelerometer.

Unit was new and I have not crashed it, not even had hard landings. I contacted MSHeli.it and they offered to substitute the failed unit after I send it to them.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:03 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Set your channels to move correctly in menu # 5 and don't touch the transmitter again.

Also calibrate the DX9 periodically.
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 05:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also had my rudder reversed, this was all from my Firmware 1.0 setup (which did work fine and just to re-confirm I am using a Brain 1 unit with firmware 2.0.008).

Vibration was low but i did notice my main gear tracking was a bit wonky, probably because if the one way bearing insert on the TREX 250 not being fitted snug enough on the screws, this has also now been sorted. so mechanical set up is all good now. no channels reversed but i still get swash level changing when i have throttle hold on and off?
Old 09-01-2016, 07:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly think you should do a factory reset, new TX model and start with a clean sheet?
Old 09-01-2016, 09:44 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawiev View Post
Set your channels to move correctly in menu # 5 and don't touch the transmitter again.
^this !!

I don't get why so many people miss this step in the instructions.
it's an important piece of the setup and solves MANY problems people post about.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have done a factory reset, i have done step 5 and not fiddled with anything since.

Whilst i am not the best pilot in the world (hence my desire for rescue) I am not a fool when it comes to heli's and have set 2 MSH Brain firmware 1.0 up and been really happy with the result, I also have set up a AR7200BX and really loved that too, prior to the brain on this Trex i had a 3GX and whilst i didn't like it i did get it set up OK.

It's really annoying when someone assumes you can't follow instruction and just dismisses a problem as user error.

so to recap, i have done a complete setup from scratch on the new firmware which is the latest and greatest, i have practically rebuilt the heli looking for anything that could cause vibration and running the vibration analysis real time with blades off and it is silky smooth (best it's ever been actually).

My swash is level during swash set up and my blades have zero pitch at mid stick. it's almost like my Brain unit does not know what level is?

It feels a bit like the 230s did before I run a calibration and trim flight.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMaster View Post
OK, this is driving me nuts, I have removed main and tail blades and checked the swash is level on the "swash plate" step of the wizard. I have also run the real time vibration analysis and everything is fine.

What i have noticed is to enter the "swash plate" step i have to enable throttle cut when throttle cut is on my swash is bang on when i switch throttle cut off my elevator server (SRV-2) and SRV-3 drop down slightly and SRV-1 rises slightly and i believe that is what is causing the problem.

My next step will be to go through setup again. Looking on my DX9 i have my elevator and rudder channel reversed which i believe is incorrect and should be done via the software?
For that to happen I wonder if you might have a little trim on the radio, or need a stick calibrating. If you go to servo monitor on your radio, or check the TX screen of the brain setup, are all the channels showing at zero?
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have Tail Drag Compensation set in this bank?
Old 09-02-2016, 08:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

myxiplx had the answer, phew! although in the monitor screen everything looked ok, doing a calibration appears to have resolved the issue.

Last edited by PugMaster; 09-06-2016 at 06:56 AM..
Old 09-07-2016, 10:12 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default had same issue

I tried to orientate and level heli maybe 5 times using different levels. now I have found something that completely eliminated all drift with ikon auto level so others can do the same.. so first of all I went out and got a 6in billet aluminum torpedo level with 4 different bubble levels, 0deg 30deg 45deg and 90deg, at home depot... then to use the level I put the the three legged align swash leveler upside down on my mainshaft and used set screw into jesus bolt hole to secure the leveler and placed torpedo level on top of that. then I used a square piece of plywood with four table leg adjustable screw in pads cost maybe 5 bucks under heli to level all 4 bubbles and thus mainshaft and voila heli is completely stable in self level and its great
vr4mitsugt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 06:29 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

So. Ive updated my older Brain. Now it wont selflevel.. drifts off to never,never land.
Set everything up per the manual, hmm, if I could go back to the first FW, I would..
This sucks. Thats all I can say. Why would they remove a good thing on a new FW.. Level adjust was good to go.. never had a problem with it. New FW and bye bye SL. I was afraid of something like that. But went and gave it a try.
To No Avail....
R.C. man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 09:25 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you post a screen shot of the vibration data, we can help you find the issue.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was hoping the firmware released just a couple days ago would address this but it doesn't. It does feel like a step backward to me.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I had issues after a new FW release, I would do a factory reset and start from the beginning. I know you may have done this when you initially had your problem, but with new fw it seems prudent.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in