Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Tried everything and nearly given up... DX7 Settings?

Ok...I've tried everything and nearly given up on my SR. I fly my 400 3D all the time and thought it would be fun to have an SR...so I bought one.

I decided to bind it with my DX7... after feeling like I've set everything up correctly, it spools up but the tail never initializes. It never EVER starts spinning even after I get the helicopter off the ground.

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks! Also...if someone has a working SR with a Spektrum DX7 radio, please post your settings here so I can compare. Thanks!
R/C Planes '84-'85, Cars '85-'92, Heli's 2008-Now. AMA Lifetime Member #L1337, IRCHA #3930, TREX TB70, Blade 300cfx, Fusion 180, 230SNight, TRex 500e FB, TRex 500L Dominator FBL, & Spektrum DX9. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/mentalteleprosy
Squiggy Wigginz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds like your tail motor is broken or not plugged in.
Lunchbox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Plugged in. Brand new motor. Worked with the original controller for a min, then I unbound and bound the DX7 and now it won't spin at all except for 1/2 second when I spool up and then total nothing.
R/C Planes '84-'85, Cars '85-'92, Heli's 2008-Now. AMA Lifetime Member #L1337, IRCHA #3930, TREX TB70, Blade 300cfx, Fusion 180, 230SNight, TRex 500e FB, TRex 500L Dominator FBL, & Spektrum DX9. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/mentalteleprosy
Old 11-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try your old controller again, maybe you got a bad esc?
upankatz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try your old TX again. If it doesn't work, bring it back to where you got it and ask for another one if you really want an SR. It's not worth the trouble if you already have a B400.
Lunchbox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try putting your throttle trim all the way down, make sure you have the esc/gyro plugs in the right way and the gyro plugs in the rx. ...J
Old 11-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggy Wigginz View Post
Plugged in. Brand new motor. Worked with the original controller for a min, then I unbound and bound the DX7 and now it won't spin at all except for 1/2 second when I spool up and then total nothing.

Make sure that you rudder channel servo reverse is in the right location. Try switching it from what you have it now. the Tail ESC only runs one direction. should be an easy thing to check and eliminate if it is the case.

If it wroks fine with the stock TX this may be the problem.
Micfasto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 01:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll try it again with the stock transmitter tomorrow. Thanks for all the input. I'll let you know if I figure it out. If you don't hear from me, keep posting suggestions! :-)
-------------------------------------------------------
Nothings working. spent about an hour and the tail isn't initializing. guess i'll just either buy the belt upgrade or send this back to horizon hobby to fix it cause it's never worked. blah.

Last edited by Squiggy Wigginz; 11-25-2010 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: Nothing working...blah.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't know of you still looking but I found these setting with pics,https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=2306265. I am going to try these. Not my settings but another person here on the site.
Sharkbait is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sending it back to Horizon Hobby. And the wait begins. LOL.

Going to the post office today, then out to fly my blade 400 3D for awhile. I'll post my FPV flight video's (crashes! (hope not!)) in my youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/mentalteleprosy
Old 11-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggy Wigginz View Post
I'm sending it back to Horizon Hobby. And the wait begins. LOL.

Going to the post office today, then out to fly my blade 400 3D for awhile. I'll post my FPV flight video's (crashes! (hope not!)) in my youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/mentalteleprosy
so the SR is no good ?? or th dx7 ??

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to arm the SR twice with my 2801 radio. The first time the receiver and ESC initialize, the LED on the gyro continues to flash, meaning it isn't initialized. I have to disconnect/reconnect the SR's battery, then the gyro initializes properly. If the gyro indicator is flashing, the tail goes crazy if I try to use it.
Loonie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
blade, dx7, e-flite, settings, spektrum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in