Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flight and take off advice

Hi all. Been out today with my 230s. Found on spool up in stability mode the heli wants to tip over. I'm almost flying it before it's off the ground. Is this normal and is there any way of correcting this other than on the sticks.also returning to land the Heli gently lowers until it suddenly drops without warning needing more collective??? Any advice appreciated thanks
Leedodd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2017, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This seems to be recurring topic as of late..lol

First things first, every small Blade/E-Flite heli I've ever flown tends to tilt on lift off. Chances are your 230s is acting normal. The flight system doesn't know how to act on the ground, it's a ''flight system'' after all..lol Vibrations, ground effect, friction from the skids, etcetera, etcetera.

Now with that being said, I've done a few tests today to see how ''my 230s'' would act.

I've found, for the most part, taking off in stability mode seems to be the most ''stable''
A nice slow throttle up, a little cyclic input, will usually get it in the air pretty uneventfully.

Now that's not to say you can't do it other ways. You can take off in agility 1 or 2, but it can get out of hand quickly if you're not used to it.

I found, with ''my 230s'' that taking off in agility 1 or 2 can be smooth as butter, or more like a pissed off hornet..lol It depends on the amount of pitch I give it during spool up.
I'm pretty used to how mine acts, so it's no longer an issue in any mode. You will get there too.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I take off in stability mode and mine likes to tip left . i just counter it with right collective and throttle up. as soon as its in the air the as3x kicks in .
I usually land in iu1 and use throttle hold a foot or so above the ground, but iv'e not noticed any sudden drops sry .
Old 03-11-2017, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sometimes sudden drops can be from wind, or simply just lowering the throttle too much. Much like taking off, landing seems more stable in stability mode. It can be done in all modes once you're used to how it flies.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just read through the other post on hear about the same problem. I'll just correct it an take off a bit quicker. Sudden drops are a bit of a pain though.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've managed to do a few flips now and hover in iu1 for about 15secs a time. At height at the moment so it's difficult to tell when your level unless heli moves . Getting used to it now as spending a lot of time on the sim
Old 03-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Much cheaper to crash on the sim.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Inverted hover that is ha
Old 03-11-2017, 01:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedodd View Post
Inverted hover that is ha
Too cold, too wet (see my location!)
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

on the inverted hovering . I'm working on tail in inverted at the moment , Adrenaline pur! The 230 really shines at learning new things
Old 03-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm mearly 7 packs in with my 230s which is the first cp heli I've successfully(I'll save my embarrassing head first jump to a blade 450 stories for later) flown. Mine tips any random direction on takeoff in stability mode, but it's usually before it gets up to takeoff speed. The tail kicks hard right also during wind up. Some tail guidance on the stick solves that easy enough. A little collective to keep it level and a smooth, quick increase on the throttle stick once it's up to speed gets it off the ground without event. Half an inch off the ground and it's smooth as glass though. I've had zero issues on landing in stability mode. Calm, smooth and precise.

I've not tried takeoff/ landing in agility 1 or 2. I did do a side roll at a couple hundred feet in 1. I needed quite a bit of that altitude buffer to complete it, about 3x what I would have guessed. Higher rates or agility 2 probably would have helped, but it was a baby step for me. Definitely give yourself lots of space/ altitude doing new maneuvers, that's my recommendation. I'll go crazy on the SIM, but it's a lot more stressful and harder in real life early on anyways...lol
N8KC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 01:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Weathers a bit better today so I'll b off out again today. Nice to see some one else in Cumbria flying. Thaught I mite be the only one. Any one no of any clubs in Cumbria for helis
Old 03-12-2017, 07:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedodd View Post
Weathers a bit better today so I'll b off out again today. Nice to see some one else in Cumbria flying. Thaught I mite be the only one. Any one no of any clubs in Cumbria for helis
Climb to the top of Blencathra and take off from Sharp edge. Then it won't matter which way it tilts.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 07:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade 230 S take off options (2 min 38 sec)
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you watch his thumb, he makes corrections on every lift off.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Crashed 230

Out today. Takeoffs are getting easyr now.went inverted hover and the light gust of wind pushed heli to close to me and the ground for my likeing. Instead of staying nose in I tried to rotate it to tail in. Not enough time and crashed into a small stream. Battery gone speed controller gone reciver gone. My fault for trying things I'm not really ready for ha. New 230 is out the box ready for right side up hovers and turns only
Old 03-12-2017, 11:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm gonna guess you were flying at or close to eye level? Try to fly 3 mistakes high..lol

Old 03-12-2017, 12:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would have been about 20 ft . I'm going to be hovering and flying normally for a while. And definitely higher ha . At least I have a lot of spares. how many helis and crashes will I end up with. A lot I'm thinking ha. Really good fun flying though
Old 03-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

How high is 3 mistakes
Old 03-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its just means give yourself ample time to recover.

Its a good suggestion and impossible at the same time.

Your confusing me because you are going inverted and yet you sound like you are new to CP helis?
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in