Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
'Expo' and travel limits are likely to be your best bet to taming the beast. It's surprising how responsive yet how calm one can make these things just by changing some numbers in the TX.

I keep a model set up in my TX that is VERY tame so that when I hand it to a less experienced pilot, which is not easy to find , they are less likely to be overwhelmed.
Thanks I will try those....what about if I want my pitch curve to be like 1° L stick to 7° H stick? So if i panic shut down the throttle stick it won't drive its self into the ground, but more of a "soft" landing lol Would I still use travel limit to set that?
bvento is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvento;3846488.
what about if I want my pitch curve to be like 1° L stick to 7° H stick?
Setting up the TX by pitch angle isn't really possible.

How it is done though is one can control the pitch curve based on percent.

So, if the full travel, all else being equal, of the pitch is -8 degre to +13 degree, for example, -100% pitch on the TX would correspond to -8 degrees and +100% pitch would correspond to +13 degree.

Usually with birds these small, exact pitch measurements are not as important as geting it set up and then making adjustments based on how it flies.

If you have your bird's servo's, swash and linkage set up for 0 degrees at mid stick, you can just set the bottom of the pitch curve to be a slightly negative percentage and then fly it and see how it feels and adjust the negative portion of the curve a bit more if necessary until it feels the way you would like it to.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahhhh lol that makes more sense! I guess I got caught up in the words without knowing the concepts first. Rookie mistake but this all goes back to I'm so glad I goin this forum! Everyone here has been a great help! Thanks again Heli-opolis I'll give ya the scoop as soon as she fixed and back in the air lol but I think you gave/explained a great place to start.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvento View Post
Ahhhh lol that makes more sense! I guess I got caught up in the words without knowing the concepts first.
I'm glad I never do that!

Well, at least not more than a couple times a day, or maybe more.

Quote:
Rookie mistake
From one rookie to another

It is an easy mistake to make. It can be overwhelming and one thinks one needs to understand it all or sometimes even should understand it all when one doesn't. That leads to frustration and impatience which can lead to panic.

Once you get a better feeling for what keeps a heli in the air, besides fairy dust, a lot of this becomes second nature.

Quote:
but this all goes back to I'm so glad I goin this forum! Everyone here has been a great help! Thanks again Heli-opolis I'll give ya the scoop as soon as she fixed and back in the air lol but I think you gave/explained a great place to start.
A start and a foot in the door of understanding is usually all that is needed to get one going.

Just remember that no one is born with this stuff already implanted in their brain at birth and some things some people figure out for themselves but mostly are learned from experience and others.

I look forward to hearing how it goes!
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
I look forward to hearing how it goes!
well.....finally got all my parts gonna put her back together tonight. She's all apart and waiting so shouldn't take too long. Aslong as the weather holds out i should be able to take her out and dial her in better with these suggestions on my settings

I'll keep ya posted lol
Thanks again
Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just noticed that there's slop in my rotor head.... if you hold the main gear or shaft and rotate back and forth with the rotor head it moves a total of about 1/8. Not sure if that's normal or damage. My blades haven't had the chance to come in contact with anything yet lol. Can someone check there heli and let me know please? Thanks guys
Old 04-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Just noticed that there's slop in my rotor head.... if you hold the main gear or shaft and rotate back and forth with the rotor head it moves a total of about 1/8. Not sure if that's normal or damage. My blades haven't had the chance to come in contact with anything yet lol. Can someone check there heli and let me know please? Thanks guys
Thats normal when rotating head but if its up & down then there is a problem. I notice that when I first got mine but that is normal & no slop between blade grips, head & feathering shaft everything should be tight.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Thats normal when rotating head but if its up & down then there is a problem.
Cool thanks Vronny! Everything else seems tight although I can move the blade grips up and down a bit and thought maybe feathering shaft was screwed but I think its the o-ring giving. I have to put some pressure on it for them to move. Thought that was normal once I saw the o-ring.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK.....lol I changed my main gear again today and the same way I did the last time. Unhooked swash to blade linkage, undid set colar and main. Slid shaft up swap gears and back down.....this time I slipped and moved all the servos. Got her back together and wanted to recheck pitch(didn't move servos last time and looked lined up). Now, do I adjust for 0° pitch at mid stick in normal flight mode or stunt mode? Lol I'm at 0° at L stick and around 10° at mid stick in normal mode and stunt mode is perfect(0° mid stick). Lol major brain fart and I'm loosing track of how many times I've taken her apart
Old 04-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK.....lol I changed my main gear again today and the same way I did the last time. Unhooked swash to blade linkage, undid set colar and main. Slid shaft up swap gears and back down.....this time I slipped and moved all the servos. Got her back together and wanted to recheck pitch(didn't move servos last time and looked lined up). Now, do I adjust for 0° pitch at mid stick in normal flight mode or stunt mode? Lol I'm at 0° at L stick and around 10° at mid stick in normal mode and stunt mode is perfect(0° mid stick). Lol major brain fart and I'm loosing track of how many times I've taken her apart
Stunt mode 0* at mid stick.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Stunt mode 0* at mid stick.
Lol I thought so.....2nd guessed myself

Thanks Vronny

Tags
devo7, v200d03

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in