Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BEC amp requirement?

Can you use a bec that is rated for MORE than enough amps than you need? My lhs has a castle creations 10amp bec & a common sense 45amp opto esc with no bec, will these 2 work together running 3x hs65s, 1xds285(tail), detrum gy48v, & an esky 3800kv blm? Can u run a stand alone bec & use an esc with a built in bec together? I want upgrade the power system to get better performance out of everything, but I don't want overkill like 150+$ esc. The most I want to spend on an esc is 80$, any recommendations? or what to stay away from?
brettskywalker48 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettskywalker48 View Post
Can you use a bec that is rated for MORE than enough amps than you need? My lhs has a castle creations 10amp bec & a common sense 45amp opto esc with no bec, will these 2 work together running 3x hs65s, 1xds285(tail), detrum gy48v, & an esky 3800kv blm? Can u run a stand alone bec & use an esc with a built in bec together? I want upgrade the power system to get better performance out of everything, but I don't want overkill like 150+$ esc. The most I want to spend on an esc is 80$, any recommendations? or what to stay away from?
Yes you can run those together and you can run the bec with an esc that has a bec in it. You just need to remove the red wire from the esc to rx. However you need to find room for the seperate bec. If your budget is 80 bucks maybe consider digging deep for 5 more bucks and get a castle ice lite 50 esc. It has a 5 amp switching bec in it and is all you need plus the set rpm govornor in it is outstanding. You will have to purchase a castle link also but they are not pricey. You would be better off scrounging a bit and get the lite and make sure you get the ice lite 50 and not the regular ice 50. You will be miles ahead vs. the common sence esc!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

UPDATE, I just bought a new ice 50 lite for another project I am doing and remembered that they used to come with a coupon for a free castle link or field programmer. I just opened it as it has been sitting about a week and a half and sure enough there is a coupon for a free castle link. So if you get the ice lite for 85 bucks you can redeem the coupon for a free castle link.
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the help, definetly worth raising my limit. I've had this common sense esc since the b400 came out, years ago. Looking forward to better all around response, I ll prob order it thursday
brettskywalker48 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

As a sidenote. I see Ice50 lights going for $50 used here all the time guys. And the links go for less than $5 to $10. Most guys throw one in. Since I hate outside mount escs and inside mount mine I buy the reg ice 50s myself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in