Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Had my first fpv flight today

FPV is amazing. Totally different experience. Running a sony dpc-420a ccd with lawmate 1.2 tx/rx and fatshark goggles. On a 550e 3gx.
Definitely took some courage but man was it worth it. Did a first flight with another pilot flying and me watching in goggles to get a feel. Then i decided id rather take off with goggles rather than trying to scramble from a hover. Got her light at just before mid stick, threw the goggles down,blasted the throttle...and i was off! Video game instinct kicked in and it was cake. (also much realflight cockpit view experience) Instantly flying further and higher than i ever have.Confidence was instant. There definitely are areas that will take time to get the feel of. Altitude and proximity is the main one. Hard to tell how far you are from everything,including the ground. I'm addicted, cant wait to get back out there!
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome!

I still have to "Cheat" and look up at whatever I'm flying FPV for all the reasons you said
Old 03-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator53 View Post
I still have to "Cheat" and look up at whatever I'm flying FPV for all the reasons you said
hehe. I'm not even there yet. I still constantly keep looking up. One of these days...
Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

yea without the goggles i think it would be impossible to fight that temptation. It is a mind f*@k for sure. When i flew over my head immersed in the goggles fpv but my ears hear it above my head.Trippy. Couple of queezy moments like that when your brain gets confused. Had to force the focus and remain calm.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just had another successful fpv session. Didn't have another pilot beside be,instead my girlfriend acted as a spotter.....never again lol. I think i need a system for landing. Thinking maybe find myself do an overhead pass from behind. As i pass overhead doing slow forward flight take off goggle. Ideally id like to land in goggles though. Maybe fit with extended landing gear and noodles. Afraid of tail strike with stock gear.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Going to see if i can fpv land with the gear from my 800 ap bird.... FIngers crossed.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That would be scary. Would certainly need a spotter.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

still didnt have the balls to land fpv but when the goggles come off spotting the noodles at far distance is so much easier! The noodles seemed to cause to cause a little wobble though so i am back to regular skids.Maybe a proper landing pad and artificial horizon will help my landing confidence. Have to order the sensor for my eagle tree....which i still haven't hooked up!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in