Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Mini CP

Mini CP Walkera Mini CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Walkera Mini CP

I've finally decided to buy Mini CP over genius. But the only problem is I can't find any for sale. Wowhobbies are too expensive and have to wait till 2/9. Any other places that are cheaper? Must be RTF with Devo8s. It would nicer if the place is located in the US. Thanks In Advance
kepler28nm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler28nm View Post
I've finally decided to buy Mini CP over genius. But the only problem is I can't find any for sale. Wowhobbies are too expensive and have to wait till 2/9. Any other places that are cheaper? Must be RTF with Devo8s. It would nicer if the place is located in the US. Thanks In Advance
There isn't alot of places that might get the mini cp for now Wow & helircstore. You could check with clubheli an shoot them a email an see when they may get them or if they will get them. Helircstore only has BNF for $169. I don't know about the mini with Devo8S.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy help

can anyone help me with my walkera cp genius as its doin my head in lol
marc121 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can find help here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1495327

These guys really know the Genius.

Good Luck, Don
dbennettya is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just pulled the trigger on a MCP from Wow. Just notified last night that it shipped, so they came in earlier than the projected 2/9. I went with Wow because I wanted a US shipper, even if a bit pricier. I also noticed that you have to watch the shipping prices. Most of the overseas shippers that offer lower prices on the product then gouge you on shipping, and it will probably take more than a week to get to you and you end up paying the same or more. Wow was better than half price on the shipping and I should get it in just a few days in the shipping system. The only overseas company that had cheap prices and low shipping (free in this case) was rc-fever.com, but they don't seem to have the MCP. Time will tell if I need support from Wow -- read mixed reports on these forums about them.
Hurl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

And I just noticed that Walkeraofamerica.com has MCP in stock (according to website) for about $10 cheaper (free shipping) than my final Wow price with shipping. Again, shop at your own risk if support is important to you -- more mixed reports here and on rcgroups of getting help from them if you have problems. I went with Wow because the reviews seemed a bit more favorable. None of them are perfect, tho.
Hurl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurl View Post
And I just noticed that Walkeraofamerica.com has MCP in stock (according to website) for about $10 cheaper (free shipping) than my final Wow price with shipping. Again, shop at your own risk if support is important to you -- more mixed reports here and on rcgroups of getting help from them if you have problems. I went with Wow because the reviews seemed a bit more favorable. None of them are perfect, tho.
They don't even sell parts for the heli they sell. I will pickup MCP from Wow friday.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you guys flying these yet? Flight report?

Jay.
jayrat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just pulled the trigger on a combo pack. Mini CP with Devo 12S and Second battery combo. Just waiting on it to arrive.
MilitaryMachinist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryMachinist View Post
Just pulled the trigger on a combo pack. Mini CP with Devo 12S and Second battery combo. Just waiting on it to arrive.
nice buy, that 12s looks nice.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah but its still in transit lol. I purchased it on the 19th and its someplace between shanghai and the US currently just waiting for it to hit the us post office so I can get a delivery date lol.
MilitaryMachinist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I prefer the Mini-CP to using a flight sim.

Crashes seem to be as easily tolerated by the Mini-CP as theyare in the flight sim, reset and off you go again.

Tuned up right, or at least 'right' for me, it's as stable, predictable and responsive of any heli I've ever flown, of any size.

It's an amazing piece of work! It can take the punishment dished out by beginners, which I feel I am only just now passing, again, but yet provide pro's with a machine that does what they tell it to, which I can tell from the days of when I was a 'pro' seemingly centuries ago.

One thing though, get two pieces of stiff piano wire and bend them into shape to fit the fore and aft crossovers, down-runners and extensions of the skid so that it helps to reinforce the skid and then attach it with heat shrink at the exposed points of the fore and aft skid extensions.

You'll be glad you did because so far, the skid is the only thing that is the worse for wear from having been crashed into just about everything I could crash it into often with some impressive speed.

Oh and what I've learned recently, the hard way, should become first nature, check the bird out fully on the bench before even thinking about sending it aloft. Check for screw tightness, swash plate attitude, servo travel and limits and spin the thing up for the first time holding it in your hand so that you can feel if it has any unnatural tendencies.

'RTF' or 'BNF' work best when you don't trust them to.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I always test every heli, because I'm pretty sure they are not taking the time to level the swash and zero the pitch when they roll a million of these off the dirt factory floor. I mean really not a lot of 7 year olds know how to tune a rc helicopter.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exaggerate much?

Their production runs are no where near a million and even China has child labor laws.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

only on how many they produce, but not really on the child labor part. They have laws but they dont really implement controls on them. Even marketwatch had an article some time back about how some of the workers building apple products were in violation of the child labor laws in china lol. (at 3 different plants)
Old 02-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've found companies in China who do work on behalf of foreign companies, a number of which I have worked with, are more likely to break the rules than those who design and build and distribute their own products under their own name, also a number of which I have worked with.

Foreigners see the cheap price of labor and don't ask questions, they only see the cheap price, negotiate for an even lower one and then only care they got the price they wanted not caring how the manufacturer is going to break even on the deal.

Native companies, which have a their own public presence, can't afford to.

In any event, it might be better to not cast aspersions unless you have actual evidence.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey we all gotta eat right? never a bad thing to feed yourself and your family through a decent job.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

That we do MM, that we do.

Tags
genius cp, mini cp, walkera, walkera mini cp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in