Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Airtronics Radios

Airtronics Radios Airtronics Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SD-10G vs A9 or X9503 Question

I've been flying both airplanes and heli's for the last two years with a DX-7 (DSM2.) I've reached a point where I find myself wishing I had this or that so it's time for a new radio. I'll most likely keep the DX-7 for BNF models, etc.

I've been watching the video's that Finless has posted for the SD-10G and A9 and there is a feature of the SD-10G that I think is neat. That feature is the ability to apply a temporary throttle hold to any flight condition. Normally, if you engage your actual throttle hold, it overrides any active flight control condition's throttle and pitch curve to whatever the throttle hold is set for. I find this handy as I would be able to work with pitch/cyclic setups in any idle-up conditions, with this temporary throttle hold engaged, without having to disconnect my motor leads, etc. for safety purposes. Does anyone know if this feature exists with the A9 or JR X9503? These are the three radios I'm considering. I've been leaning towards the SD-10G as I think there is a lot of "Bang for your Buck" with this radio. I like the A9 too; I think the backlit touchscreen is nice and very intuitive, but not a deal breaker IMO. I'm also a pincher with smaller hands and use a neck strap, so reaches to switches and such doesn't bother me as I'll adapt and overcome. Although, the A9 does feel very nice in my hands and telemetry is nice too. Anyone have an answer to this? From what I'm seeing/reading the A9 doesn't allow you to do this.

SargeAF
SargeAF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I PMd Finless Bob and he indicated that you can do the same thing with the A9. You can enable the "Throttle Lock" function in the A9 (as long as you're transmitting.) You just have to make sure that (if the ESC endpoints have already been established) that you lower the throttle stick to zero in Normal mode (so throttle is locked at zero) and then you can work with pitch curves, take pitch readings, etc. with no throttle response. I think a shortcut to this feature is to touch and hold the heli model icon (or airplane icon) on the main screen and it takes you right to the Throttle Lock Screen.

SargeAF
SargeAF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in