Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default B400 cc bec voltage

I Have a stock B400 and am going to install the CCBEC. My question is can the stock electronics take the preset 6v, or do I have to reduce it to 5v?

Thanks,
Ben
Hanzuki is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2008, 05:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzuki View Post
I Have a stock B400 and am going to install the CCBEC. My question is can the stock electronics take the preset 6v, or do I have to reduce it to 5v?

Thanks,
Ben
first off the ccbec comes programed for 5v and unless you have a castle link you can't change it. I think all the stock components are designed to run on 5v but could be wrong maybe some of the gurus can give some input ttyl blade
Old 11-17-2008, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sorry, your right, I just went and double checked. It is 5.1 out of the package. Someone had told me it was six and I got all worried about having to get the usb cable for another 30$ when I could have bought the align esc for the combined amount. Although I will be upgrading the esc later but thats another matter.

So now my question is simply, does anyone know for sure, that I can run the ccbec as is or if it has to be lowered to 4.8v?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 11-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

you can run the 5.1 volts the CC Bec puts out.. im using a cheapo hobbywing 3A that puts out 5.1V just like the CC BEC. I believe the servos can take the 6v but the gyro cant.
twistedgrim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,

The G110 can take up to 8V, but I would be careful with hitting the stock servos with 6V. They might not like it. Just stick with 5V and you will be fine.

See the stock servo specs here:
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Te...odID=EFLRDS75H

Best,
Frank
Tail boom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail boom View Post
Hi,

The G110 can take up to 8V, but I would be careful with hitting the stock servos with 6V. They might not like it. Just stick with 5V and you will be fine.
I would be careful with hitting my B400 with the stock servos.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy77 View Post
I would be careful with hitting my B400 with the stock servos.
+1
Tail boom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Sorry, your right, I just went and double checked. It is 5.1 out of the package. Someone had told me it was six and I got all worried about having to get the usb cable for another 30$ when I could have bought the align esc for the combined amount. Although I will be upgrading the esc later but thats another matter.

So now my question is simply, does anyone know for sure, that I can run the ccbec as is or if it has to be lowered to 4.8v?

Thanks,
Ben
I got a good deal on my Align ESC $40.00 US and it is the best thing I ever did . The soft start is the best feature and with the ccbec it doesn;t even get warm and if I wanna go 6v just hook it to my buddies castle link /My stock ESC even with the bec got warm Highly rec by me ttyl blade
Old 11-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Someone had told me it was six and I got all worried about having to get the usb cable for another 30$ when I could have bought the align esc for the combined amount. Although I will be upgrading the esc later but thats another matter.
You could have bought the Align ESC but having an external BEC is the ideal way to go. Any ESC could fail or shutdown which not only kills the motor but the internal BEC as well. With an external BEC you still have full control, minus the motor, and can auto in. Beats lawn darting any day.

I do agree that the usb cable for $30 is highway robbery. Maybe a local shop can program it for you.
Redfire SVT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The BEC is a must after my thermal shut down resulting in a missile of death last tuesday. The align esc is my next upgrade followed by some ds285's. Im suffering from withdrawl as I havent been able to fly in the last week. The weather here is so crappy your hands freeze up in about 10 seconds. That and the gyro doesn't like it one bit.

Thanks,
Ben

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in