Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Quick World Wide

Quick World Wide QWW Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Any Quick 30 PRO owners?

Looking for Quick 30 Pro owners?
AMA #913061
"No you can't fly it"
Steeltoes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
HeliFreak Security Staff

My HF Map location

good luck not many like to admit they own a quick.
Gaui 200
Trex 450 SE V2 Dedicated night Rig
Cryofix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

We had 2 reps in our club and about 8-10 QJ 8's. I have seen one nitro, a shocker 30. These guys would be glad to help you.
Do you know about Harold? He is the Quickman.
His link is also on this site.
http://www.helicopterhobbies.com/index.htm
Old 02-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

There is always a lot of confusion with the "QUICK" brand name. This is because there are THREE companies that I know of, that use that name in the R/C helicopter market.

QJ is QUICK JAPAN, which from all I have read, seems to be relatively reputable in product and dealings with customers.

QUK is QUICK UK which also seems relatively reputable like QJ.

Then there is QUICK WORLD WIDE (QWW) out of the USA that seems to have used the name "QUICK" in order to gleam from the relatively good reputation of the other two. From most everything I have read over the years on every forum, this seems to be a company to steer clear of if you can.
RAV50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I have a heli from QWW it is the Quick 30 Pro. And let me tell ya the quality of the kit is absolutely superb. Any any issue I had with setup (1st heli) they were right on top of it. To my knowledge USA Quick and Quick of Japan used to be partners making upgrade parts. Partnership dissolved and they spilt became Quick World Wide and Quick of Japan. I would recommend this kit to anyone, I have had great success and I am very happy with it. Check out the pic on my gallery.
AMA #913061
"No you can't fly it"
Steeltoes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have the Outdo 600 and the Octane Dominator gasser and I am very pleased with both kelis. Irwin & Jon have been more than helpful with the build and the set up, answered all my questions and helped in showing me things to do with the helis. I fly at Irwins home, he is instructing me in my learning process. Things in the past are left in the past, people and products change for the better.
Hagar7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hagar

I noticed you posting in another forum about losing teeth on the maingear of your QWW 600 and also gear problems with your QWW Gasser even though you are only a beginner and not pushing them hard at all.

I would guess from your post here that that issue has been resolved. Could you tell us what the cause was?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltoes
I have a heli from QWW it is the Quick 30 Pro. And let me tell ya the quality of the kit is absolutely superb. Any any issue I had with setup (1st heli) they were right on top of it. To my knowledge USA Quick and Quick of Japan used to be partners making upgrade parts. Partnership dissolved and they spilt became Quick World Wide and Quick of Japan. I would recommend this kit to anyone, I have had great success and I am very happy with it. Check out the pic on my gallery.
You must be a newbie. Superb? LOL

I have seen a lot of QWW just "come apart". Rattle traps... metal junk.

Number of QWW helis in helicopter demos at IRCHA = ZERO.
Number of videos on internet showing QWW helis throwing down hard 3D = ZERO.
People that I know that have owned QWW helis that dumped them = 100%
Old 02-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I would guess from your post here that that issue has been resolved. Could you tell us what the cause was?
Yes, evidently when I was landing the heli I was setting it down and I had a couple of boom strikes. As I was told by Mike Mas and Rudy, in another forum that is the number one cause of the teeth being stripped. Since then I have been more careful on my landings and have avoided the boom strkes, thus no teeth being stripped.
Quote:
have seen a lot of QWW just "come apart". Rattle traps... metal junk.
Dan, I have 2 QWW helis and the booms are metal, frame is Q10, motor and engine are metal or composits thereof, swashplate and heads metal also, neither of my helis have "come apart" or do I consider them rattle traps, true I am nowhere close to being a 3D pilot or do I have any asperations to ever becoming one, I enjoy sport flying. There is some vibration on the gasser but as far as I can tell from other posts no more than what others experience with their gassers.
As you are happy with your heli so are those of us who are happy with our QWW. What ever problems were in the past I'm sure Irwin has corrected.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

MMMMM....

I can find deficiencies with any helicopter. Hell, I have a Raptor and Century products...no doubt NOT the best helicopters on the planet... but QWW. They are one of the few we REFUSE to let advertise here.... and there is a reason why.

I am sure having helpful people right there in PA where you live (where Irwin lives) is helpful. However I am confident as time goes on you will find/see the shortcomings.

Why don't you PM Magnumeng and ask him.... He has owned 2 or 3 quick helis recently. I think when the clutch shoes ejected though the canopy, it was the last straw. :wink:
Old 02-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

AH YES, it is comforting to know that if I have a problem with learning to fly or repairing or building my heli, I can get in my truck and in 20 min I am standing there with part in hand or Tx or heli and have it taken care of immediately. If I were a patient person, :twisted: and I am working on that, I would then call or email my question or problem to a forum or HS and wait for an answer.
My problem is, as in anything I do, I want to learn as much as possible, quickly, no pun intended.
That is not to say that these will be the only helis I own, I also like variety in anything I do, I will find out in the future what else is available. That is why I subscribe to this forum and others, to find out as much as possible. That is why I enjoy this forum because of Finless and others because there are a plethura of opinions and ideas and help from each one.
Right now in my life this is the most convenient way for me to become better and improve, which is what I believe we are all looking for.
You are doing a great job on this forum and I will follow up with your suggestion.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

Dan, I'm becoming one of those guys who use these funny faces in my reply :glasses2: :!: :wink:
Damm their addictive
Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I hope you help him make a better helicopter. I would also urge you, to urge him, to sponsor a pilot and get him to throw down a good video.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think Chad (Magnumeng) still has his QWW 50 because the Razor hasn't been released yet in nitro form. I believe he got rid of the rest of his QWW 'stuff'. He's on HI time now, I'll call him later today.

I haven't flown at my field lately, but I think we still have one pilot flying QWW. He's the only one left out of hundreds of pilots I know. The biggest problem I have observed with QWW products is quality and lack of R&D. Simply because a part is made out of 'whatever' doesn't mean that it's quality. Dan (DebianDog) has spoken with Chad about some of these issues, both of us have seen it first hand. Keep in mind, Chad's been flying for years and he thought all his maintenance was normal. When he and I started talking about my models, he saw how different my experience was with my TT and MA models. Shortly thereafter he had conversations with Irwin and subsequently stopped flying QWW. Chad use to be 'Mr. Quick WW'. These models can be extremely dangerous if QA on parts isn't "spot on".

I wish you luck however.

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ClayK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2007, 06:54 AM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Irwin used to do demos at IRCHA

I think he is not allowed to anymore since he crashed through some peoples Ez-Up. Man what a piece of work....
Old 02-06-2007, 07:11 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I would also urge you, to urge him, to sponsor a pilot and get him to throw down a good video
Dan, I know he is working on this right now, I have overheard him mentioing some names, upon returning to this hobby after 16 years I'm unfamiliar with some of them. That is a great way to promote your product, as in any marketing tool.
I don't know what has happened in the past with Irwin and the heli public, and I don't care to know, he has always treated me with respect, he doesn't mince his words, but when he is wrong he does make good on it.
I'm a Contractor and I know if any of my people or myself do something wrong I will make good on it immediately, none of us is perfect, mistakes happen.
I know Irwin is working to improve his manufactured parts and his products he makes himself, it's either that or he looses customer base, reputation, income etc. He is working on quality control and packaging.
I'm getting winded (Insert emoticon) so I'll sign off, I'm the boss but my project managers are standing outside my door with question's, I pay them it's my time & money, helis are a hobby that cost me time & money

see ya
Old 02-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Back to the subject of opinions on the helicopter/brand in question.

I can remember when I started driving. I thought the "brand/model" I had was just peachy and would have been happy to tell anyone who cared to listen.

Now, many years later, and having owned many different brands and models, I can now honestly say, that the brand/model I started with was OK, but for the price, there may have been a number of better choices.

That has taught me to get the opinions of the the more experienced people in any area that I am new to, whenever I look to buy something in a new type of product area.

I see many here, seem to be speaking from many years of experience.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been flying helis for 21 years now and I have 2 Quicks. The OD26 and a Q30 that has been converted to a 46. I've been flying Quicks for the past 4 years. I have flown and owned Hirobo, Jr, MA. I don't have a problem with them and NOTHING has flown apart on any of them that I had. The main issue some have with the Quicks is with the owner. I have no problem with him, and have been dealing with them for 10years. ALSO in have NO PROBLEM telling anyone that I own a QUICK.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Boy do I have some opinions on QWW .....and they are not good! No more Quicks for me...I have one now, but will NEVER buy another part again...if it crashes it will get parted out...way too many problems with parts orders, and qaulity control!
ozbach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2007, 04:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ozbach. You forgot to mention that you bought a used one that had several problems before you even layed hands on it. I know you complained about a maingear in the other forum, but I have seen bad maingears on JR and Hirobo....on JR more than once. There has been nothing wrong with the quality of the kits that I have had. Some of the other posts I have read on the other forum with problems have been brought on by individuals that didn't know how to follow assembly instructions. The Quicks I have had, built fine, flew fine, and basically never wore anything unusual out until I kitted them. I'm sorry for your issues, but lets make sure to tell the whole story.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in