Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks thalios. Gonna take a vid today!
heli_sport is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flew about four packs through it. I've started flying in idle up so I'm tossing it down to the ground quickly and then switching to some positive pitch for some fun vertical maneuvers, before we touch the ground of course.

The batteries also work in my newly acquired T-28D so they have to split the flight time at the flypark now. Although if I bring my chargers I have yet to run myself out of power at the field if managed properly.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I replaced the stock gyro with a Quark, wont be able to test her out until I replace one of my messed up servos.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Trex 500 ESP(DFC) Ikon, Radix] [Goblin 700 CompBK, 4525, Ikon, Helix 695 ] [Rave ENV Nitro O.S 105-R,Ikon,Cyclone] Rave ENV Electric]Scorpion 4525,Ikon, Outrage, SAB [Goblin 500] Ikon Rails 516 ]Blade 180 CFX]Goblin 570 12S Xnova
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally hovered successfully without damaging either of my models. 5 batteries in all and both helis are still in tact. I can fly again tomorrow without repairing anything.
Being is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Got my carbon fiber stabilizers ... but.

Just ordered a set of carbon fiber horizontal and vertical stabilizers for my 450. They are original Blade parts, but they don't fit worth a darn. The screw holes in the vertical stabilizer don't match up to the tail case, and the horizontal stabilizer is extremely loose. Wondering if I just got a bad vertical stabilizer. And gotta figure out if I can shim the horizontal stabilizer somehow to snug it up. Any thoughts???
escsniper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2011, 12:45 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Read in another post that those parts are intended to be used with the metal upgrades
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got up the courage to take the training gear off my heli! Things went very well, and I kept it in one piece. Spent the majority of six batteries just doing easy circuits and setting it down nice and smooth!
escsniper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by escsniper View Post
Finally got up the courage to take the training gear off my heli! Things went very well, and I kept it in one piece. Spent the majority of six batteries just doing easy circuits and setting it down nice and smooth!
I have one with and one without training gear- and the one that has it has the training gear from the SR. I fly the one without the gear at the grass field flypark and the one with it in my concrete cul-de-sac. I figure a blade strike would be more problematic on concrete however I doubt that the training gear would save much if something actually happened since I'm flying more aggressively now. I think I'm just too lazy to take it off at this point.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do to your Blade 450 today?

I rebuilt my Blade 450 today!!! After an inverted hover gone horribly wrong on Sunday and turning my poor B450 into a pathetic pile of twisted up plastic and aluminum (quite sad actually), I got all my parts and rebuilt it this afternoon. I decided to go with Hitec HS65MG's just like my 450 Pro and they are so much more responsive than the stock servos!!! Got everything set up and took her out for a beating! She flies like a dream again!!!
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #50 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by escsniper View Post
Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
I decided to go with Hitec HS65MG's just like my 450 Pro and they are so much more responsive than the stock servos!!! Got everything set up and took her out for a beating! She flies like a dream again!!!
You won't regret getting the HS-65MG. The only reason i'd change them would be to go digital.. Happy you're flying again!
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
You won't regret getting the HS-65MG. The only reason i'd change them would be to go digital.. Happy you're flying again!
I definitely will not regret it. Love them in my 450 Pro! Obviously I couldn't use the servo horns that come with the Blade. I had to use the double arms and cut one end off (except for the front servo of course) and then put the balls on the inside to get the geometry of the linkage rods correct. Then, when setting everything up, I had to change all of the swash mix values from negative to positive, but I didn't have to change any of the reverse switches.
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ran 4 tanks of lipo (2300-2100- 2,1800s) thru it with a lil over 6 minutes of hover time. I still have my training wheels on it. Waiting on parts for my B400.
Futaba T8FGH Super...
Luie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luie View Post
I just ran 4 tanks of lipo (2300-2100- 2,1800s) thru it with a lil over 6 minutes of hover time. I still have my training wheels on it. Waiting on parts for my B400.
I flew a B400 on Phoenix at my LHS the other day- seemed like night and day if the sim was configured correctly. Am I correct that the B400 has significantly less power? Seems like a dog compared to my B450s.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew today, in the windiest conditions I've ever flown in. Weather report indicated winds were around 8mph, but at times it sure 'felt' like more, but I have almost no experience in trying to judge ground wind speeds.

I've been trying to work on doing slow, controlled flights.

I scared myself a few times as the wind definitely affected the smoothness of my flights. I only had 1 'close call' where I thought I lost it about 40 feet up and I remember in those split seconds during its rapid decent contemplating whether I should just TH it, but I instead popped the cyclic the other way and it came to a stop about 10feet up. It was late in the day, sun to my back and there were some huge shadows from huge trees, where the heli would pop in and out direct sunlight.

The thing I mess up the most is when coming out of a slow turn and the heli is side on, I'll sometimes think it's tilted/sliding toward me, when its really tilting/sliding away, or vice versa. Thus when I correct for it the wrong way, it puts it over even more, then its the oh crap, other way moment.
It's funny though, if I go faster this seems to be less of an issue for me.

I think I'm not always looking at the right 'parts' of the heli. I feel that sometimes I'm looking at the skids when the heli is side on, 40 feet up, and its sometimes hard to tell which way its tilting. I assume as I gain experience I'll be able to pickup on the finer clues of exactly what the heli is doing.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I flew a bunch of packs through one. I basically now loose track of how many packs I use because I have planes that use the same battery system.

I thought about trying a flip today with one, but couldn't quite work up the nerve. I did some successful flips in my mCPX today but had a few crashes with it as well. After a pretty bad crash in my T-28D Trojan I decided that it would be best to only go home with one injured aircraft.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I advanced beyond the panic factor. I can get it off the ground and I can get it back on the ground...providing both are done in the same orientation.
Being is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

adjusted tail belt, played with the tracking a little then flew 4 packs. Charging batteries now, weatherman says nice calm day tomorrow.....
Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #58 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Flew a single pack today, was quite windy at home. Always fun to show the B450 to my family members.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I flew one pack today to test out my new pitch curves. then it started raining, so I cleaned the dried bug guts off the blades and did a maintenence check and lube.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

3 packs with FFF and stall turns. That heli can move!
joeray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in