Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Helicopter Safety

Helicopter Safety R/C Helicopter Safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerbmx View Post
My girlfriend flew my MCPX and almost crashed it into us, I grabbed it from the sky though. Got minor cuts on my hand, we are talking almost like a paper cut. I wouldn't say it was unsafe but I could see it if hit your face with the softer tissue it could do more damage. As for hand damage, I highly recommend you just grab it, those little plastic blades dont hurt.

This is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Go ahead and develop the habit of grabbing the mCPX out of the air, and see what happens when you try it (out of habit or otherwise) with something bigger, or a brushless mCPX with a 6K-7K rotor speed. I absolutely guarantee you'll withdraw your recommendation.
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 03:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65L88 View Post
This is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Go ahead and develop the habit of grabbing the mCPX out of the air, and see what happens when you try it (out of habit or otherwise) with something bigger, or a brushless mCPX with a 6K-7K rotor speed. I absolutely guarantee you'll withdraw your recommendation.
Naw, 6 - 7k is nothing How about try 10k RPM! We're talking 236 MPH or 347 feet per second... now that might make a "paper cut"
davidvm3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by leex70 View Post
In the face it will look like this... My brother flew it in his own... Full throttle so its nit extreme.... But... Dont let it hit your eye..
You do know there are easier ways to check blade tracking, right?

I could be wrong but I think one of the blades is tracking a bit high.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
You do know there are easier ways to check blade tracking, right?

I could be wrong but I think one of the blades is tracking a bit high.
:-) i guess he knows that.. He is still a beginner but certainly did not expect this damage to the skin. He was bleeding like a pig at first. I just posted this for people who still think these tiny helicopters are toys.
I ve been "playing" around for a fee months now in the 600 class and then respect comes with it in the package...
Mcpx's look harmless but oh boy...
leex70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by leex70 View Post
:-) i guess he knows that.. He is still a beginner but certainly did not expect this damage to the skin. He was bleeding like a pig at first. I just posted this for people who still think these tiny helicopters are toys.
I ve been "playing" around for a fee months now in the 600 class and then respect comes with it in the package...
Mcpx's look harmless but oh boy...
Not to mention after a few rotor tip scrapes on a hard surface and you have a 'nice' little buzz saw just waiting for some flesh to chew up.

I joke but I'm glad that is the worst he had to suffer. A few inches higher and there would have been nothing to joke about.

I think it safe to say that anything with a spinning blade able to carry it aloft, whether a 'toy' or not is something one needs to have or develop a respect for the damage it can do.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
I joke but I'm glad that is the worst he had to suffer. A few inches higher and there would have been nothing to joke about.
Actually, you would be quite surprised how much force it takes to cut into your eye, looking at the cuts to the skin, i think you would probably be ok.

There were pics of a guy who had his face opened up by a 450, the blades cut the skin to the bone but didn't cut through the eye, AFAIK his sight returned to normal quite quickly.

Eyes are not as fragile as people think, not that you shouldn't be concerned...
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstalker View Post
Eyes are not as fragile as people think, not that you shouldn't be concerned...
Here's hoping I never have to find out!

Oh snap, there's me drinking while flying again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in