Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default lv120 and vbar gov

question is do i need the adapter in mystics sticky for a 120lv vbar version? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it has build in bec you do.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The LV versions do not need an adapter, the RPM signal is on the standard signal pin.
gmarsden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

k so which is it? i c on the wire for the vbar the red wire is not connected at the esc,do one of you have a lv hooked to a vbar? thanks guys
Old 05-28-2012, 03:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a Full Vbar & YGE120LV Vbar version. I have two (servo type) wires coming out of my ESC. The short one is for RPM signal the long one is for ESC control. You will have to configure your vbar & setup input & output points etc. I have also disconnected power pins going into the RPM input & esc output port. I think the port that i am using isn't allowed power up it so make sure of that & im also running a separate BEC.
heliwaz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

if its a full size vbar you can plug the whole rpm plug into the rpm sensor port with no mods, thats how mine is set up on the 550 but on my 450 with mini i had to unplug the signal wire (orange) and plug that into rxa on the top pin and the two power pins i have plugged into rxc. i'm not running a stand alone bec on the 450 so no y harness was needed.
shein95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shein95 View Post
if its a full size vbar you can plug the whole rpm plug into the rpm sensor port with no mods, thats how mine is set up on the 550 but on my 450 with mini i had to unplug the signal wire (orange) and plug that into rxa on the top pin and the two power pins i have plugged into rxc. i'm not running a stand alone bec on the 450 so no y harness was needed.
yes its a fullsize vbar so i asked pete at elecktro and he said lv versions are plug and play,no adapter,whats the worst that can happen no signal to vbar right? thanks guys.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah but I had no issues what so ever with the full size and the 100lv. If its your first time with a yge and vbar gov just triple check the the settings when you program with the card. I had a few issues when setting the full speed setting, I had to turn off the lvc because it was tripping on the no blade full power. And the little special code to activate the vbar gov side of it. What your throttle % the vbar is asking for because from what I understand is if the esc goes under 75% it goes back to the start up mode so if you are heli middle start up and switch to heli fast or plane fast it will kick out and return to heli middle. My 550 was at that line with blades off so I changed it to plane fast/plane fast. What model heli is this going in? With plane fast the response is nice but some models get I big kick at the instant the motor starts but with my 450 and 550 its really minor, non existent when in grass.

Nevermind, just looked at your signature and see you've got a 160hv on your logo so you know how the rest works.
shein95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in