Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HC3SX

Has anyone gotten 1 of these or seen it in use yet? Would like some opinions thoughts info!
huckleberry800 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got one, but haven't had a chance to set it up yet. The Helicommand site has a manual you can download.

http://www.helicommand.com/index.php...mid=96&lang=en
eRaptor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for that, you'll have to let me know how you like it and what you think when you get a chance to fly it! I'm thinking of getting 1 for my 550 as i like the way it flys in phoenix with some active which is ,so i understand, the way phoenix is set up after the sk 720 or this unit.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm installing the HC3SX in my new Fusion 50 tonight.
supertoyz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm putting one in a 600n, just waiting for the grips and shaft to get here. Manual is a bit confusing but it's a very nice looking little unit and from what I can tell by reading, very versatle.
http://www.jaxrc.com
BarracudaHockey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 05:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed one in a friends Rex600e & it was'nt themost straight forward unit to install especially if you're a first timer to FBL units. I found it annoying aswell that no matter where i checked (internet/google) i could'nt get much explanation on what each tunable parameter does exactly, the manual's trouble shooting section was of no help either. There was a GY520 gyro on the heli before & man the tail gyro on the HC was no where near it just felt crap, you probably can get it better but i've setup other FBL units before & the whole setup took less time than it takes trying to get the HC tail right. For me you can get a much cheaper unit with more setup info around & flies better in the end.
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree there could be better setup info on the system in general. This is getting better all the time as more folks use the system. There are several pre-sets available on the HC website. These will get you very close and you can tune to your tastes from there. In addition, the latest software as pre-sets for the tail that emulate the feel of a Futaba 520, 611, or 401 gyro. Once dialed in the HC3-X series systems fly very well.

Danny
F1 Rocket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Installed mine last night and I think it's ready to try out. You guys are right about the directions. A challenge to say the least, especially for somebodys first FBL endeavor. Most of the explanations offered in the setup software confused me more than they helped. The manual that you can print out is a little more helpful. So in may attempt to set this thing up I had the printed manual, heli manual, radio manual, telephone, and laptop where I toggled between the setup software and google searches for information in the forums. It certainly wasn't what I would call easy. It offers so many setup parameters that I'm a little reluctant to try it out for fear of how it might react if something isn't right. Once it's dialed in and your familiar with everything it looks like it will offer you more tuning options then you'll ever need or understand. I guess that's part of the fun

PS - Danny, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and help me setup the unit

Last edited by supertoyz; 02-17-2011 at 06:28 PM..
Old 02-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

being a noob to heli's i'm not sure which way to go here i have a 553g sitting here that i would love to get up in the air but i still crash too much in phoenix trying to fly it without active stabileazation. The worst part is i'm not really a electronics nut! lol!
Please keep the info comming! I'm glad to hear how everyone is making out with this
Old 02-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

So has anyone got up in the air yet?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry800 View Post
So has anyone got up in the air yet?
Hi,

I got my T-Rex 550 with the SX up in the air for a couple of flights and I can say that this thing seems to rock!
I can only compare the unit to my Beast and so far I can tell from the few flights it is more stable and precise than the Beast is.

I also tried the selflevel feature a couple of times. From an inverted flight it turn the heli in an upright position in less than a second. So far I am very impressed!
McNamara is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are you using for your basic rigid and Horizon settings?
Old 02-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hc3sx

Have got four flights on mine i found the set up on the pc to be quite straitforward,it took three flights to get it dialed in on the fourth i had a blast with it this thing really rocks.I love the bail out feature as it saved the model once allready,(got a kaos wrong)the sx is in a rex550,the sx gives a really solid lock with good responce and i have to say the tail gyro is up there with the best so far loving it just waiting for the weather to get better so that i can give it another try.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation Be aware...

http://www.helicommand.com/index.php?lang=en

Important Product Information for the X-series ! (updated 02/28/2011)

Furthermore, using the HC3-SX and flying constant, long-range figures, a noticable drift of the internal horizon may occur. This may lead to a malfunction of the option "Acro with pitch" as well as the horizontal stabilisation (self-levelling). For this reason, as the manufacturer, the mode "Acro with pitch" of the HC3-SX is not approved and the use must cease immediately until further notice.

As soon as more information is available, we will publish this immediately. We are working very hard
towards reaching a rapid and safe solution.
Our staff are available to answer any questions you may have.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok so could some one explain in english? I don't get the acro with pitch
Old 03-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry800 View Post
ok so could some one explain in english? I don't get the acro with pitch
Acro with pitch is the setting in the horizon menu for setting the the bail out funtion it adds pitch when you use the bail out function for now HC is saying not use that function, maybe try just acro that's where I have mine set for now.

Joe
Joey.S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does that mean that you can still use the bail out function and that the heli will self level quickly if you are in an emergency situation?
markespina is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by markespina View Post
Does that mean that you can still use the bail out function and that the heli will self level quickly if you are in an emergency situation?

Yes.
Joey.S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes it works, I tested it a lot. But as I heard in our german board a fix will be released soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by markespina View Post
Old 03-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HC3SX First Flight Settings

Hi chaps,

just wondering if someone could give me an idea of a starting setup for my HC3SX for a logo 600se camera ship.

Just a starting point as this is my first flybarless heli....

Headspeed is just over 1600.

Cheers in advance
madmcphil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in