Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #2001 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man HH That is to cool. When you were flying around the yard it looks like a bi-copter. Good job!!
Now FPV it and really freak some people out.
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #2002 (permalink)
Registered Users

Holy Moley she IS stable HH!

Another successful and sweet build my friend. You should start giving classes!
kpinnc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2014, 03:31 PM   #2003 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Guys
I still can’t believe she flies as good as she does. Even though she not a real Bi-copter, I’ve been wanting to build something like this for a long time. I really don’t know where to go from here, I can finally say I’m happy with the fleet of rc aircraft that I have in my hanger.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:51 PM   #2004 (permalink)
Registered Users

Helihankster. Got to admit that I have been lurking for a bit. This new Tricopter of yours looks mighty tasty. Mostly flying my Blade 130 & 300. But I really think you did a great job inovating models the way you do.

My business, has really taken off, but the downside, is that I really don't get to play much. But, I just got to say that I am a fan!
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #2005 (permalink)
Registered Users

All I gotta say HH is that thing is smoking hot looking with the canopy and the rest of the gear. Dude, when you put something together, you put something together. Nicely done

***Ice***
icecycler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #2006 (permalink)
Registered Users

HH has got to be doing some great bass fishing right now

Ice
Old 06-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #2007 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
HH has got to be doing some great bass fishing right now
I hope he's tearing them up!

I haven't been fishing in years... And I have a boat. I haven't touched an RC aircraft in over a month either. This was NOT how I wanted my summer to go!

Maybe it will settle down soon!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #2008 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems this thread has died, so I'm gonna post this here just for the heck of it.

I've been working on a new design lately, and fooling around with my buddy's CNC. I suck at using CAD, but I'm working on it. You have been warned...

Also forgive the crappy pics. They were taken from my cell phone.

First cuts on the CNC looked like this:

I was originally going to use the Tarot "folding arm" mounts, but I failed to design in a few things like two arms folding further out than the other two. Rookie mistake that I won't make again. In the end, I used fixed arm mounts.

Obviously, those top plates left a bit to be desired. They were way too big and bulky, and just looked stupid. I cut the "lower" top plate down and it looks like this installed now:

The entire top plate assembly will be on isolation mounts, which is obviously not a new idea. But, the GoPro gimbal will also be hard-mounted to these top plates, so everything is vibration free.

I'm also trying the inverted prop idea out. It is supposed to reduce vibrations, as well as be more efficient. Makes sense to me, as none of the down thrust is pushing against the arms directly opposed to the direction you want to go. Also because the thrust isn't "beating" the arm with each blade pass, it's supposed to reduce vibrations. We shall see I guess. I don't like crab landing gear, but this at least may make the use of them worth the ugly....

Still got one more top cover plate to make, but this is the overall idea. She's a big girl, so hopefully it's worth the trouble.

Maiden coming very soon. I hope it flies decent...
Old 07-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #2009 (permalink)
Registered Users

KP, nice job on the CNC parts, does your buddy have a full size unit or table top?

I like the inverted motors, let me know how that works out.

Ice
Old 07-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #2010 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lookin good KP! I have 2 inverted motor mini's and they fly really nice. No gain in flight time, but they descend thru their own prop wash really good. I also agree that there is less vibes because of the props are not pushing air on the booms. Interested in hearing how yours flys.
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in