Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

The links won't go past the ball unless you cram them on backwards.

The little rough dot on the side of the link faces OUT.
hydro_pyro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi guys,

I recently had a nice crash into pavement for about 40 feet up which busted the flybar, one of the blade mounts and broke the motor connector off the 5in1. I soldered the connector directly to the 5in1, replaced the flybar and blade mounts, and now it flies again; however I'm getting some wicked TBE when I take it out of hover.

Sitting on my desk, I can see some wobble in the servos when I give it just a little juice, which is the same issue I had when my swash wasn't seated properly; however I have used the calibration tool and it's seated all the way in.

I'm not sure what else to check, there seems to be a little play in the flybar but I'm not sure if that's normal or not. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Whatever it was seemed to have worked itself out. Maybe one of the TBE crashes knocked whatever was wrong back into place.

Last edited by Shredder; 04-22-2010 at 12:12 PM..
Shredder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

tired
Mini titan, MSR, Trex600, art tech 300 400class, Mantis40 I believe(not complete). walkera38, dx7se. My picture in my avatar is a video I have of flooding here in IA, Just beyond the white waves is a black spot. A MASSIVE Catfish! When I figure the rest I will post it. Bergen RC ROCKS!!!

Last edited by fuelfan; 04-22-2010 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: not reading right
fuelfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default control issue

Hey guys, i've had my blade mSR for a couple months and have had to "calibrate" the swashplate a couple of times, however now i've come accross a problem i cant seem to figure out. The heli flys and hovers well, but when i give the controller right yaw, instead of simply twisting the heli, it starts to fly forward as well resulting in a wide circle. This isnt TBE as it only happens when i apply right yaw, and unlike TBE the nose doesnt stay pointed in one direction. Somehow the heli is getting some forward pitch with the right yaw input, any ideas?
nitrokidd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pretty much any time you wreck it, just reset the swash. I pretty much do that every time now. There is a servo mount screw fix, and a fix for checking the gears for the servos. Check your blade grips close make sure everything is good. Any help?
Mini titan, MSR, Trex600, art tech 300 400class, Mantis40 I believe(not complete). walkera38, dx7se. My picture in my avatar is a video I have of flooding here in IA, Just beyond the white waves is a black spot. A MASSIVE Catfish! When I figure the rest I will post it. Bergen RC ROCKS!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrokidd View Post
The heli flys and hovers well, but when i give the controller right yaw, instead of simply twisting the heli, it starts to fly forward as well resulting in a wide circle. This isnt TBE as it only happens when i apply right yaw, and unlike TBE the nose doesnt stay pointed in one direction. Somehow the heli is getting some forward pitch with the right yaw input, any ideas?
It's designed that way. The 5-in-1 Rx board automatically mixes rudder to aileron to make the heli more user-friendly when making slow rudder turns, however this may affect slow piro performance. Make sure you've adjusted your servo links so you can hover neutrally with the trims at zero/center, so the internal mix doesn't cause it to drift.
hydro_pyro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default weird servo mixing?

I haven't seen This issue yet.
I have 2 msr and both do this:
If I push the cyclic stick forward/backward only the right servo moves. Left/right only the left moves. The only way the servos move correctly(both down for forward, both up for back, left up and right down for right, etc) is if I push the stick on diagonal. Ie. Up left corner is forward, down right for back and opposite diagonal for left right.
Check links and swash and grips, anti rotation pins etc with no issues found. Seems like a mixing issue?
Novus cp- same as raptors
MSR-flew OK ... right into my wife's hair, then a sink full of dishes!
nathanacura is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nevermind. It appears that this is the correct servo and swash movements. Looks funny but I guess it is necessary with such a light helicopter to overcome the torque involved. Flies well now after using swash tool.
Novus cp- same as raptors
MSR-flew OK ... right into my wife's hair, then a sink full of dishes!
nathanacura is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I think you are right, hold it in your fingers and throttle up watch the swash level. I think it does it that way for 4 channel. Not sure though
Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

can some one tell me what to check? ive binded my msr to my dx6i and flown it abt 6mnths that way. the other nite i was shown some frnds the little bird tryn to get them to get one and the heli wouldnt stay up. tried another charged batt and still no. tried the batts at full charge and same results.so binded back to stock radio same prob. it will some time just run tail motor and not main motor. ive checked the 5in1 but looks fine. any ideas ?thanks, could be bad batts but they run fine in the mcx
Old 06-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy cooksey View Post
can some one tell me what to check? ive binded my msr to my dx6i and flown it abt 6mnths that way. the other nite i was shown some frnds the little bird tryn to get them to get one and the heli wouldnt stay up. tried another charged batt and still no. tried the batts at full charge and same results.so binded back to stock radio same prob. it will some time just run tail motor and not main motor. ive checked the 5in1 but looks fine. any ideas ?thanks, could be bad batts but they run fine in the mcx
Same problem and I came here looking for answers. When I start mine up, it runs fine for a very short time (5 seconds) before the blue light begins to blink. About 2 seconds later, the blue light goes off and I lose servo control (all of this holding it in my hand). If I unplug the main motor, the tail runs fine and servos continue to work with no drop-out symptoms.

I came here looking for answers and after reading all of the posts in this thread, it appears that it's either a bad motor or a 5-1 board. I suspect the latter. Weird part is that I put it away a few months ago working perfectly.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. I put a new motor on it and it's fine. I had prob. Bout 50 or more flights on it. They say that's about the life span of the little motors but for ten dollars not bad
Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy cooksey View Post
Thanks. I put a new motor on it and it's fine. I had prob. Bout 50 or more flights on it. They say that's about the life span of the little motors but for ten dollars not bad
Same here. I bought 2 of them so I can keep flying when this one craps out. Still good cheap fun
Henry Bowman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2010, 12:43 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I have a problem with my gyro/5-1 .

I was getting blinking LED's and inability to bind/fly properly. Some people thought it might be the tail motor going out. My battery connector was also looking kinda stretched so I replaced the tail boom/motor & battery connector.

It flew fine the first battery and now it connects properly ... most of the time... but, it seems like the gyro isn't stabilizing correctly. The bird will have left rudder going all the time slightly, but, shoot up with throttle. (i.e. I apply throttle and left rudder shoots up.)

Is there something I could be overlooking or should I call Horizon about the 5 in 1?

*edit: It's flying reasonably well now...but, the rudder still jutts the left when I gun the throttle. I think it's something to do with the gyro getting the correct positions when first connecting the battery and after moving in flight. It seems like it's not getting the correct values when flat/still or something.
nlzm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Or you using the tx that comes with it? Or have you bound it to another tx?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using a DX7, but, still have the stock Tx too.

I'm not sure that it's a typical trim issue... it doesn't TBE and seems to hover mostly ok.. except when I hit throttle.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bind to you dx7. And you can play with your settings (gyro gain) and such.maybe that will narrow your problems down to be able to see what it is.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I activated my gyro function in my DX7 today to see if it is functional with the mSR... IDK if its just me but there was absolutely no difference between a setting of 0 and 100 so....
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'm talking about the gyro in the 5 in 1.

or maybe something isn't aligned properly...

i don't think gyro gain can be controlled on the msr through tx.

i've tried using trim/diff settings on dx7... same problem.

slight left rudder and then it shoots left when throttle goes up.

After re-stabilizing the gyro (or disconnecting/reconnecting) the battery, it's sometimes greater or lesser.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you here the tail motor wining up and down like the gyro Is kicking in and out. If so could be you've gotten something binding the tail rotor or a cracked tail rotor blade. More than likely it's a bad 5&1 because I've havnt heard of much problems put of them except when the batteries get old they will act like that. Only thing I have had to replace on mine is the main motor after bt 80 flights. Also double check your plug on 5&1 and make sure your are not getting an play in it. Hope this helps man

Tags
blade msr broke help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in