Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Binding CX2 to DX6i?

Hey guys

Friend of mine cleaned out his old heli stuff and threw a CX2 police at me. It came as an RTF but he lost the transmitter.

It is possible to fly this with my dx6i? What sort of settings do I need to program? Thanks in advance!!!
Braddock54 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sure can

And that little CX2 will actually fly a whole lot better hooked up to the DX6I than it did with the original radio that came with it....

Unfortunately - it's been several years since I played with that set up and don't remember any specifics...

Maybe try to research further in these CX2 threads ? ?

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits
blade-man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yea tried it all and did find a write up on how to do it.

I can't seem to get the Rx to blink before binding. It just stays solid. I have the bind plug in and the 3 in 1 disconnected. The battery is charged.

Any ideas?
Old 06-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay now I get a flashing red on the receiver....still won't bind.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Okay Braddock -

Here we go :

Borrowed a buddies spare DX6I for a day and relived old memories binding my CX2 to it.. It surprised me that it all came back to me as I started messing with it

__Create a new model in your Dx6I

__Make sure all toggle switches on the radio are in the "up" position

__Go to the set up list and change model type to "Acro" ( yes - your CX2 is going to
fly in "airplane mode" )

__Go to the "reverse menu" - reverse AILE, ELEV AND RUDD - leave the others in
normal

__In the "wing tail mix" menu - set all values to "INH" in they aren't already ( they
should default to this )

__In the "sub trim" menu - set THRO to negative 100 ( 100 with a down arrow )

__Exit all menus and turn the radio off...

__Bind the heli to the radio as per the instruction book ( assuming you have one ? )

__Check to ensure servos are moving in the correct direction prior to lift off ( should be
if all is original )

__ Take it easy and be careful on first flight - more than likely the tail is going to twitch
( or wag ) like crazy. This is pretty much the norm when switching to the DX6I and
can be adjusted out with the Gyro gain pot

This got mine in the air and flying like a champ - please let me know how you make out with it ?

Roger aka / blade-man

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits
blade-man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Binding to CX2

OK Had the same problem with a newly rebuilt CX2. I have a new DX6 (black one) and wanted to bind it. plugged in the battery and got a blinking red light. Went to turn on the TX and go to the bind menu and tried 4 times to get it to bind and it would not.

SO HERE IS WHAT I DID AND IT WORKED:

Unplugged the battery. Turned of the TX. Put the bind plug in the RX on channel 6.
connected the battery. Got a red light blinking. Turn on the TX. Went to the bind menu and selected BIND. Light on the heli went to green with 4 slow flashes then solid. Took out the bind plug. Turned off the heli. Turned off the TX. Turned on the TX and then plugged the battery into the heli. WORKED!!!

CX2 now works fine. After you get it to bind make sure you always unplug the lipo if you are making adjustment to the 3-n-1. Also make sure that when you plug the battery into the heli it is sitting on level surface and watch the flashing green light turn to solid green before moving.
rcflyertim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

That worked guys thanks a lot. Sure requires a lot of elevator input to get it off the ground though.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade-man View Post

__In the "sub trim" menu - set THRO to negative 100 ( 100 with a down arrow )
Hey guys, I know it's been a long time since this post has been changed, sorry to revive it.

I followed the steps from blade-man and I just cannot find the "sub trim" menu on my DX6i!! After the "reverse" menu I have "Thro cut" with -INH or -ACT options... What am I missing?
Mokal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
Hey guys, I know it's been a long time since this post has been changed, sorry to revive it.

I followed the steps from blade-man and I just cannot find the "sub trim" menu on my DX6i!! After the "reverse" menu I have "Thro cut" with -INH or -ACT options... What am I missing?
Sorry for the confusion, I guess I was quite a newbie a week ago: I found "sub trim" under the main menu for my model, I must have been looking under "adjust list" submenu earlier.
Mokal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in