Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default does anyone read and comprehend the manuals on their stuff anymore, this is so sad!

well do ya!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
well do ya!
I thought the AR7200BX manual was pretty well laid out.
gehrbox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I download and read the manual 2x before I even get the product to install. I think a lot of people do not read the manual and just come on the forum asking questions that could easily be answered if they would just read the manual.
- TREX 600EFL Pro/DFC/DS610s/ BeastX AR7200BX
Bigcal45 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 03:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

With regards the Beastx manuals, it is pretty comprehensive, but it does take a couple of full read throughs to understand the process.

I think where the main stumbling point is is at Menu G which also has a releation with Menu J. This is where nearly all questions are asked.

Following the manual I setup Menu G centred the servos and got 0 pitch etc. When i got to menu J, the pitch of the blades was not 0. It transpired that when in menu G, I altered the links when at the reference point and not with one of the servos selected (light on the beastx). This caused the strange pitch angle when trying to set Menu J.

I have since written an Email to Beastx with the above situation. I got a reply, and it was agreed that it could be made clearer and will hopefully be amended for the next publication of the manual to make it alot clearer.
Akulla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
well do ya!
Clearly many do not, judging by the questions that are asked, which I assume is the point you were making.

I prefer to just answer rather than to worry about it, or judge, as it takes all sorts, but sometimes I have to confess it makes me laugh. So since you have brought it up, I do admit that I am sometimes amazed at what gets asked, as the answers that anyone can provide are almost word for word what can be found in the manual, practically at a glance, as in certain regards it could not be written more clearly.

In my opinion the MB V3 manual is one of the best technical product manuals that I have used whilst being involved with this hobby, and there are only one or two sections that had me scratching my head on the first read through. Well, that's not true, my first proper read through was the V2 manual, so it may be that these areas have been improved in V3 anyway.

So, I don't know why it is the way it is. Maybe people want instant gratification in this day and age, but this does surprise me, as particularly in this hobby you usually find that the people involved are exactly the type that would read the manual cover to cover twice before they even get the product out of the box. I know I do.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I read the manual 2 times to understand the whole thing before setting up the unit.
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Azalin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
well do ya!
I hear ya!
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I read the manual and it was ok. I could have walked through a setup after reading the manual a couple of times, but there probably would have been a couple spots where I hoped I was doing it right (instead of knowing that I did it right). But I'm new to helis and especially FBL setup.

The extremely well done BeastX setup vids in this forum is what really allowed me to easily (and successfully) complete my first BeastX setup.

Those who have been around awhile sometimes take what they already know for granted. I've programmed rc car esc's in the past. And while they aren't as complex as a Beast setup, they did allow me to become accustomed to program via beeps, button pushes and flashing lights. For someone who would come in with little knowledge/experience on fbl controllers and programming in general, I can see some trepidation.
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too always read manuals before I even buy the product. Gets me more excited to buy it
PlaneHazza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

id say 50 percent read the manual, other 50 just wing it and ask people how to do it. same for when you see a thread with a question and not even 3 posts down another thread with the same question, i guess peopl are just lazy anymore
Old 05-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I read the uBeast manual twice before installing it. It was my first fbl unit though. I asked here because I wasn't confident if I was seeing things exactly as they were written. Confirmation is reassurance. Lots of good threads and videos to help a newb like me out.
So I'll agree that reading the manual is important, but will probably never get rid of questions. Or that it means that someone isn't reading the manual.
Someone once told me: Communication isn't WHAT you say to someone. It's HOW they receive that information. Same with manuals. I double check everything when I build a heli (some very good advice I picked up on HF), including my understanding of what Im reading in manuals.
For me HF has been the place where I go to get help and have questions answered in laymans terms.
BTW thanks to all the helifreakers. You guys make this hobby fun and I appreciate the info and help you guys provide.

R71D
Sent from my phone, excuse the bad grammar and auto corrections.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I read through the online manual a few times and watched mguw's videos' before my first beastx even came in the mail. Also watched those videos while doing my first setup.
Jr Vibe 50, Beastx, all Futaba servos OS55hz, Hatori sab 50, Radix
Punkin71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's a manual?? Lmao!!

I read the manual but the setup videos were perfect for me, I took my time and when finished my trex 450 was perfect first time up... Haven't changed a thing!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

then you got guys like ME, I read the manual, 5 or 6 times, some of it just doesnt sink in. BUT, to top that off, I'm colorblind and cant see the difference in those little bitty led's to begin with, so what am I supposed to do by myself ?
well, I got a friend to help me, we walked through the process together and since I've done it twice now on the ar7200 I kinda notice the change in the lights sometimes.
I really wanted to go fbl pretty bad, so thank god for helifreak and friends, I'm now flying my 500 with the tail locked in solid. haven't had a bird do that in the 3 yrs I've been flying. 15 flights now and not one crash. I'm a really happy helifreak right now.
so what if not everyone reads it, thats what WERE here for, right ?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder the same thing. Can't believe how many times I see someone spruiking about some youtube or website that helped them solve a problem with their BeastX setup, and it ends up that the "amazing" tip they found is actually clearly stated in the manual if they'd bothered to read it.
Harrow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think this can be extended to almost everything anyone buys that comes with a manual. I find myself guilty of not reading manuals at times, but when I have a problem, I always go back to the manual. Note that I carry the AR7200BX and microbeast manuals in my tool box or transmitter case, so yeah, my manuals are dog-eared.

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Of course it's important to read the manual, but some people are not visual learners. Especially when reading subject matter that may be of a technical nature. It doesn't mean that they'll never understand it. It simply means that someone here with more technical knowledge of the subject may be able to put things into simpler terms to help the person understand.

That IS the reason we are here, no?
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
Of course it's important to read the manual, but some people are not visual learners. Especially when reading subject matter that may be of a technical nature. It doesn't mean that they'll never understand it. It simply means that someone here with more technical knowledge of the subject may be able to put things into simpler terms to help the person understand.

That IS the reason we are here, no?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
well do ya!
Hard to judge what you mean from your one line of text, but I'm guessing your bashing the manuals that comes out nowadays. No worries, we got Helifreak where you can ask all the silly questions you can think of, tell us what problems you got and I'm sure we can sort you out
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by felborn View Post
Hard to judge what you mean from your one line of text, but I'm guessing your bashing the manuals that comes out nowadays. No worries, we got Helifreak where you can ask all the silly questions you can think of, tell us what problems you got and I'm sure we can sort you out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in