Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need help weird tail behavior

Details: tarot 450 pro v2, ds3400g tail servo with vbar. Main tail gain @ 30, pro section in software not touched. Servo and push rod control arm under gear box @ 90, performed the flip grip mod for uneven slider travel and slider is smooth as glass. The problem is slight tail hunt in hover, left stick input nose right and stop tail wants to bounce. But right stick noise left and stop no problem rock solid. Any higher on main tail gain get a fast tail wag. It was setup in rate mode the swithed to hh mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just built few weeks ago flays great, my sport I had didn't have this problem with same equipment.
ricky.davis.129794 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2015, 07:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mess w your stop gains. I think a is cw and b is ccw

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015, 07:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

30 for gain sounds low to me. Initially my X3 had 88 servo travel, 45-50 gain. Very hard to tune. Moved in a hole on horn, travel now at 118, gain is 73. Flies better, easier to tune as well in VBar for gain. This seems high for a 450 size (the now larger 450 size), but it works well for me. Try going one hole in, see what sort of servo travel you get, hopefully not over 120, adjust gain higher to the point of almost too much, and see how it flies. If no improvement, advanced menu will be the next step. You could just play with I and P gain, starting with them at 75, stop gains should be in 20s, but perhaps mechanical setup, shown by the fact that you are at 35 gain only, is off. Going in a hole should bump you up to 50 or so, of course depending on HS.
thepiper92 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you decide to leave the gain where it is try lowering the p gain to 75 like piper said. And reduce the acceleration to 50 and see if that helps.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys I'll try it out hopefully it works
ricky.davis.129794 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2015, 06:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well test flew it this morning had to go in the pro setting and drop my I gain 10 points and bring my main tain gain up 10 points now she's nice and grisp tail love it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in