Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gain questions

Hey guys, Im trying to understand gain. Ive only been flying for a few months here so bear with me. Ive built a few helis in the past few months all with beast-x systems in them. I would love someone to explain gain on the beast and on the transmitter. Im not sure where to post it so I chose here. Currently Im working on a trex 250 with a very waggy tail. I posted over in the 250 form but couldnt get an explanation to what each setting does. The beast manual confuses me when it comes to this subject. Im not sure on what + and - setting does. I just wanna fly my built machines but im very confused..and help would be awesome!!
Too many to list.........
GravityBlows is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All FBL controllers use feedback loops to send signals to the servos. "gain" on the BeastX is an adjustable parameter for the tail feedback loop. It does not affect the cyclic servos. Not sure what you mean excactly by plus and minus but I'll try to guess. There are two gryo modes: heading hold and rate mode. Most everyone flyies in heading hold mode. Look on rchelicopterfun.com for a good explanation of the difference. generally positive gain values are HH mode and negative values are rate mode. The TX setting depends on your TX. On a DX6i, the gain range goes from 0-100. a value of 50 is no gyro gain. Values over 50 are HH and values under 50 are rate mode. A typical setting is somewhere between 60-75. On a DX8 the gain range goes from -100 to +100 so 0 is no gain, anything higher than zero is HH and anything under zero is rate mode. So a setting of 75 on a DX6i would be equivlent to a setting of 50 on a DX8.

The BeastX tells you what gain setting it is receiving when it powers up. This is covered in the manual. After the servos wiggle, a light will light next to the gain value and the main light should be blue for an HH setting. The manual suggests gain levels around F ot G to start. This light does not stay on so you have to watch for it. Go by this indication more than the TX setting since the TX setting is relative. The indicator on the BX is absolute.

If the gain is too high, you will get a violent tail wag. If the gain is too low, the tail will slowly wander around. Generally you want to be just a little lower than where yoy get a violent wag.

Small heli's like a 250 are harder to stabilize than bigger ones. the tail tends to be twichier.

Hope this helps
Old 11-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Talking WOW

YES YES YES!! Thank you so much!!
That helps me so much, thanks for your time!!
Too many to list.........
GravityBlows is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

happy to help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in