Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Main Blades Not Spinning?

Long story short, I burnt up my board. Had a member on here repair the board, replacing the FETs. He recommended that I buy a new main motor as he believed the main motor was bad. I installed a new motor with the newly repaired board and bound it to my DX6i. I am getting full cyclical movement with TH on. When I take TH off, I get my tail motor spinning, but the main blades won't move. Any ideas? I know there are some smart people on this forum who may be able to help! Thanks in advance!!
michael76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 02:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Does the main motor work if you remove the main gear ? If not, does the main motor work if you plug it directly into a battery ? It is possible that you have a bad new motor.
UKHeliBob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is it a v2 unit? Are you holding the rudder to the right while you're binding? If the answer is yes to both, then there's another problem. If it's no to the second one, v2 bind procedure changed to require the rudder stick be moved right for a computerized TX (instead of not touching it as with the v1). Common result of not holding right rudder while binding to a computer TX with a v2 is cyclic control, but no throttle response.

Not sure about the tail though... can't remember if that spins up and it's just not the mains, or what. Could also be an issue with the board repair. If it's not the bind thing, PM MegaStumbler and he should be able to point you toward where to put your multimeter leads to check the components (after the obvious one of seeing if there's voltage on the main motor plug when throttled up, of course).
Old 05-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The pinion isn't spinning when I take off the main gear.

Mega is the one who did the repair. He said the board was tested and worked fine before he shipped it back to me. The main motor was new, I opened it from the package. Fyi, it is a v2 and I held the right rudder while binding.

Any additional suggestions. How do u test the motor with a battery??
Old 05-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just plug the motor in to a battery if u have the stock battery connector.
MCPX BL(#1 V1 Hp05s/120SR tail, V1 C05m/Dual coreless tail)
Nano cpx stock
Trex 450 Pro, Spektrum Dx6i, Phoenix
tommy217xxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried plugging both of the main motors that I have directly into a battery. One worked and one didn't. I set aside the non-functional main motor and worked with the functioning main motor. I also swithed the wires for the main motor and tail motor and the tail motor worked fine while plugged into the main motor FET. I reinstalled the main motor that was functioning and rebound my tx. The main motor will work as I begin to give throttle and then cuts out. When I return throttle to 0 and reattempt to give throttle, I get the same result, the main motor works before cutting out? Any ideas?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Possible a loose connection on the main motor plug, try winning through plug ends

E-Razor450, mcpx v2(144mm tail, cnc alumni swash), DX6i
Old 05-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

How would I go about that? Not sure I know what u mean??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in