Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default TREX 100X V.S. WLtoys V911

My test run of both birds......trex 100x and V911

[YOUTUBE][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohFiErJEvVM[/ame][YOUTUBE]
cruzroy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nice comparison. I've got a v911 and I'm really impressed with it. It flies much better than my Blade MSR and it was a lot cheaper. I only wish I could bind the v911 to my DX6i.

I noticed you successfully bound the v911 to that Turnigy 9X. I'm considering getting one of those myself. Is this all I would need: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Firmware_.html

Thanks,
dyn
dynaudio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

i just use the v2 model , the one you got there is a radio with no module, that radio is for modding......
Old 08-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

How about doing a mod of the receiver? change out with an AR 6000; 5 in 1 series with the DSM2 spread. Then use your DXxx Trans.
Does that sound Possible with out much trouble?

Last edited by Tecpro; 08-03-2012 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: spell check
Tecpro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecpro View Post
How about doing a mod of the receiver? change out with an AR 6000; 5 in 1 series with the DSM2 spread. Then use your DXxx Trans.
Does that sound Possible with out much trouble?
The v911 is a pretty small heli. I'm not sure you can change out the receiver. I'd imagine it's integrated into the circuit board. And even if you could bypass it, I don't know that the v911 would have the lift power to carry the weight of an AR6000.

Then there's the price issue. You can pick up a v911 BNF on ebay for about $27. An AR6000 is about $50. So you go from the possibility of losing a $27 heli to losing a $77 heli.

Turnigy seems like the best way to go. Too bad they're never in stock on HobbyKing.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i think theres another bird that binds to spectrum.....i think eflite's MSR makes it......if you buy the board .....it will bind and i think it will fit in the V911, i dont know how or how much
Old 08-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Blade mCX S300 will fit. It's a 4 channel and I think that is what the V911 is and as it just happens to be; I have a dead board in one of the 2 V911's I have, and I just got a new board with servos, I just need to solder the wires on. But I also have the S300 that binds to the LP5DSM and I'm thinking about trying that board in the dead v911 before I solder up the new board. JUST for giggles and grins. I also have the CNC upgrade for the V911 on it's way then I'll just have to get the skids upgraded. If the board swap out works, I'll have extra parts for a S300 up for the grabing fairly cheep.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

I actually have an MSR and I'm not very fond of how it flies. Are you saying I can take the MSR board and put it in the V911? Do the servos line up?
Old 08-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

dynaudio,

the MSR will work, the S300 will NOT work because of the tail rotor. none on the S300!

If the board has everything on it and if it is close enough to the same size as the V911 board with the servos close to were the V's are on the boards... compare them, I would check the motors on both to make sure the connections are right. Both use the same type battery, a 3.7V 120 mAH. I'm Not seeing any reason not to give it a try. JUST make sure you Take a close up picture of where all the wires correctly go on the original setup before removing wires. Mark them on a drawing or something so you can put them back if you want. The servo push rods are adjustable so I see no problem with the servos. All that both do is to run the motors, and the 2 servos. Any one see any reason that it wouldn't work! I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited by Tecpro; 08-05-2012 at 01:48 AM.. Reason: Spelling errors.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK! got the Mod with the MSR board to the V911 took a little more work than expected but then it always is. Had to mod the swash plate area, drop the shaft down about 1/4" and get longer push arms. but it worked. now just to trim it out and get it into the air. I switched out the CBs with motor and all, leaving only the tail motor wires to change over. I just clipped the plug off the end of MSR's wires and soldered that plug to the wires of the V911 then it plugs back into the CB. My LP5DSM transmitter bound to the mod V911 and the controls worked as they should.. had to mod the canope at the bottom of the board where the Survo gears are... cut the canope back far enough to stop the rubbing. doesn't distract from the looks at all. Next comes the battery hanger. LOL. I'm temping it with a large tube of heat shrink hung by zip ties. the Heat shrink is big enough to slide a battery into all the way. I just clipped the wires from the V911's battery connecter and used the cable and plug on the MSR's CB. got 11 of those batteries anyway and now don't have to buy more. Like I said. I have to work out some kinks and triming, but so far so good.
But it IS Working!
Now Keep in Mind, I'm still a NOOBI !
Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzroy View Post
i think theres another bird that binds to spectrum.....i think eflite's MSR makes it......if you buy the board .....it will bind and i think it will fit in the V911, i dont know how or how much
MSR fits perfectly... only need a little longer push rods. See My post below. Thanks for the info push!

Update! 8/8/12 Just ordered the pushrods from Hobby King. The cut and bend your own that are threaded on one end. Now I'll be able to put the swash plate and shaft back into original places and level out the Trim.

Last edited by Tecpro; 08-09-2012 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: UPDATE
Old 08-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default TREX 100X V.S. WLtoys V911 "UPDATE"

Hi guys, First off! These are just my opinions, both Trex 100X and V911 Have got 40 flights on them
TREX 100X
1. trex has got a new tail motor
2. trex canopy has cracks and paint peeling, 50% just from removing it, and 10% just getting it out of the box new !!!!
3. Trex lost main motor pinion 2 times....Lucky if found it ????
4. Trex now making funny noises and power loss, I think i need a main motor
5. ELEV. servo is skipping....lost control 3 times....went into neighbors yard

V911
1. tail..................ok
2. main motor.....................ok.....................s till quiet
3. pinion............................ok
4 canopy...........................ok
5 servos............(not only is the speed quicker)........................but still ok
6. only thing i did.....(only to carry larger batteries) is the TREX 100x skid mod.

my opinion, i will not repair or buy another TREX 100x.........the parts cost more than buying a V911 for 20.00 bucks..
MY2CENTS
thanks for all your support.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love my V911. Wasn't sure if it was a good bird or not (questioned the quality for $27) but it flies great. This thread has convinced me I made the right choice. I ordered 6 batteries and another charger and I think I might order 2 more V911s. (I hate down time)
Budasac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a quick update on my V911 Mod to connect to LP5DSM Trans. She flies, control works well in flight like it should, and the range is pretty much as you would expect. It's a litte erratic yet but I'm still waiting on my longer survo push rods. Then It'll stable out! And she is still a fast little fart!
Next is a skid mod to a Trex100 skid and a stronger mAh battery,
Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

Glad you got that mod to work. It seemed pretty involved. But really it's the expense of that MSR controller board that turned me off to the mod. I sold my MSR recently and then bought a Turnigy 9x transmitter. It binds up with the v911 and flies it great. What I like about this is that I can get these v911's on ebay for under $30. So if I happen to lose one or two, it won't be such a heavy loss.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got 2 used MSR's off ebay for parts at a real low price so with that I have 2 of the boards out of that. I have 2 V911's and I though one of them had a bad reciever board, but turns out it is still good. But I just decided to go ahead with the Mod and see if it would actually work. So if someone didn't want to buy a 100+ dollar Turnigy 9x and could get a receiver from a Msr, pretty cheap then they could use their Spektrum Transmitters if they already had them. I still have my 2 Original Transmitters that came with my V911's and they are actually pretty nice. Nothing fancy but it make em fly. And I get to play with all the neat stuff and take things apart. Now if I could just get one of them to stay in the air and not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in