Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters

Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2014, 05:14 AM   #61 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Gerd, what sort of force do you think cyclic servos have to make for a 710 blade in FFFF ?
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerd View Post
The brown double wheel is a predetermined breaking part to save the other wheels in the gear from overload. It is made from PPS, a high strength, high temperature plastic. If you have a sudden shock load then usually one or two teeth on the smaller gear wheel of this part are breaking. This is an advantage for those that are crashing often during 3D.

I have never heard that any of these wheels broke during flight. But nobody can/will give you a guarantee for that. On a ground resonance and the often following ground contact of the blades extreme forces are coming on the servos. If you feel not more save then use other servo types. This is a psychological problem you have now and that you can only solve in this way.
Gerd!! Thank you so much for the reply! I trust your judgment a little bit more than the rest (No offense to any body over here) and just wanted to confirm this with you. Yes you are so right...the physiological aspect of this has got the hold of me, but I can say I have had over 30 successful and very hard flights with the DS and not once have I had any glitch where it looked like the servo wants to give way.

This is my opinion...if you Gerd the manufacturer runs these servos then surely it has to be sufficient. Yes there are crazy higher spec servos available...but damn...replacing all the servos is the cost of a diabolo kit.

We all know how saftey concerned Gerd is and he would never recommend those servos if he did not believe they cant handle the DS

Appreciate your reply Gerd!! Thank you!
wblombard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 06:25 AM   #63 (permalink)
HF Support

They're very easy to fix William, a 5 minute job to change the sacrificial 1st gear and clean and relube then they're as good as new certainly wouldn't trash them!
Old 10-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

William send them back to futaba for crash repair, comes back like new.
Diabolo S #6
Diabolo
TDR
N7
crash at 42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
They're very easy to fix William, a 5 minute job to change the sacrificial 1st gear and clean and relube then they're as good as new certainly wouldn't trash them!
I have never fixed a servo before John...Ok will try...the gears are inexpensive from tower hobbies...I will try it out and see what I can do....but again this is the physiological problem starting again....
Old 10-12-2014, 07:34 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Gerd, what sort of force do you think cyclic servos have to make for a 710 blade in FFFF ?
This is of course also depending from blade chord CG and used chord. I assume it is not much more than for 3D, perhaps 16/12 ...

Nearby: Miles is using the BLS 451 since three years now in the Diabolo, the Speedies, the Triabolo and the 800 without any gear failure during flight. They are absolutely reliable.In the Diabolo 700s he has changed last year to Hitec 8360TH, they have more punch for smacking.
Gerd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #67 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblombard View Post
I have never fixed a servo before John...Ok will try...the gears are inexpensive from tower hobbies...I will try it out and see what I can do....but again this is the physiological problem starting again....
I'll do a video! Haven't done one for ages. You very likely just need the first gears as the rest are metal!
Old 10-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'll do a video! Haven't done one for ages. You very likely just need the first gears as the rest are metal!

Now that will be fantastic!! Thanks John! You are a legend!! My first Trex 600 was built from your videos! that was 4 years ago...you did a fantastic job!!
Old 10-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

This thread is a fine example of why I own minicopters.
Diabolo S #41
TDR 2
The others come and go..
craigdieselmac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Torque required from servos: Current to servos directly correlates to torque produced by servos. My Jeti logs a peak of 5A from my BEC on a 3D fight, and it's a spike. That's like 1.5 amps per cyclic servo on 5.6V, worst case.... Pretty sure that's well below spec. That corresponding torque can easily be figured out.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:06 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Diabolo S No 29 is back in action. Damn I will say this again, this is one difficult heli to work on. Changed the swash servos to BLS 156HV, changed the spindel although it did not seem to be bent and changed one link and a few bolts that looked bent.

In this order i also stocked up on a complete set of bearings, main shaft, tail spindel, tail shaft and main belt. So hope fully im sorted for any minor repairs if any.

Increased my pitch to 15 degrees and now the only missing part is some speedX blades...damn Im sad about those. They were nice.

Special thanks to Gerd for his help and for processing my order so quick!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	546383  
Old 10-31-2014, 01:00 PM   #72 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Glad to see your S is back in action. I'm also interested in some Speed X blades if you find a source. Cheers.
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in