Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Are they a bad hell?

I was wondering what's up w/ all the 450L Dominator heli's for sale here? I want one some day, so bad (6S only), but to see soooo many for sale now-are they no good?

I heard their FBL controller isn't so hot. Can you corroborate that too?

Thanks.
Vincenza V is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had one, they are awesome machines. Sold mine for the $$$ and cause i had 2 6s 450's.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you see a lot for sale because they are so common, available and popular. Not because people don't want or like them. I've had three since it came out. I'm buying another one this week for the new Gpro.

Its the best package helicopter per dollar IMO. The Gpro is really good. Good reviews and solid performer. Even the 3GX on 5.0 is good. But it's not easy to setup and takes experience to know how to jimmy rig it. Like the timeout on the rudder delay... and setting rudder endpoints you have to reboot it to get them to hold.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2015, 08:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have two of them, and I love mine. I flew them for a year with the 3GX and it wasn't terrible, but I switched to the ikons and there are phenomenal! They are very popular, that is why there are plenty for sale. Between myself and my buddies we have five 450L's flying, no complaints....
Old 02-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know what it is with 450s. You buy one, and before you know it, you have four. If anything needs to go to fund another build, you know what's going first.
Yfbb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 07:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The reason there are so many for sale is there are that may out there being used. There's a reason the support for Align is so big, there's just so many that have been sold new that the demand for parts is that big.
Larryu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2015, 03:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the encouragement on the 450L. That will absolutely be my next bird then. Everything about it seems exactly what I want.

I'll have to read up un what you mean by having to jimmy rig it? Yikes.
Vincenza V is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2015, 05:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenza V View Post
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the encouragement on the 450L. That will absolutely be my next bird then. Everything about it seems exactly what I want.

I'll have to read up un what you mean by having to jimmy rig it? Yikes.

He was talking about the 3gx, not the Gpro.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in