Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2015, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default YGE 90 LV / Ikon governor

After spending a long weekend trying to setup a YGE 90 LV on my Warp 360 to no avail with AR7000 Spektrum receiver and BeastX fbl unit, going nowhere with throttle calibration and a stubborn compass motor refusing to spin, I decided to pull the Ikon from my trusty Gaui X7 to give it try and see if I have more luck that way.

Good news, the motor works with the Ikon v2 and DSM2 sats, but I have now a few minor issues I hope you Helifreaks are going to help me with.
I had to do the throttle end points calibration through the Progcard III, I know YGE themselves advise against it but doing it with the sticks input alone was only putting the YGE in programming mode. The Progcard method was successful right away greeting me with a special tone to let me know the ESC is acknowledging external governor mode.
On the computer the ikon software is set up for governor. The throttle and all other stick movements register -100/100 movements, except on the governor page where low throttle is 0 but does not exceed 86% when the stick is moved to full throttle.
Also, the boxes for "governor engaged" and "magnet detected" are not checked, and no headspeed is displayed when the motor runs.
The YGE master lead is plugged in the throttle port of the ikon and only the orange wire (phase sensor) from the slave lead is on the Gov. Port, leaving the brown and red wire connector unplugged.
Normal throttle curve 40%, ID1 60% and ID2 100% as per ikon software.
I've never spent so much time setting up a speed controller, what am I doing wrong ?
Sorry for the lengthy post.
philippets is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2015, 03:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This should help.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=551355
newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2015, 05:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thank you newbheliusr, I've done that before.
The part I don't get is the vbar harness !

My YGE 90 LV has a phase sensor orange wire already separated from the brown and red wire.
I assume the orange wire goes on top (signal) slot of the Ikon Gov plug right ?

Has anyone got a schematic of this harness for Ikon?
Old 11-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, you don't need the "harness" with the LV. Only the HV requires the "harness"
newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

you will only need gov adapter
http://www.helidirect.com/ikon-gover...able-90mm.html

me testing the ikon gov and failsafe , if you see carefully you can see how I've hooked the gov cable

ikon gov testing (3 min 17 sec)
Old 11-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

thank you all for your help, watching the vid from ragge1 I realized that I had plugged the phase sensor with the servo plug in the wrong spot.
I made an adaptor and moved it to the right one on the opposite side from the sats plugs and sure enough the headspeed is now displayed. Great!

I still don't understand why at full throttle I cannot exceed 86% in the ikon governor tab especially when the ikon stick calibration registers -100 / +100 ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in