Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2015, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX9 Menu Scroller issues!

Has any one else had problems with the scroller?

Is there a fix you can do yourself or do you have to send it off to HH?
99100 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2015, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

A friend's DX9 has a sensitive spot in the wheel like a tooth is missing on a gear. It works OK for the most part, but if you spin the wheel too fast in that one spot then the selection highlight jumps two places instead of one. If you slow down, you can still get it to move only one spot and select the correct thing. It hasn't been enough of an issue to send it in.

My DX9 doesn't have that issue.

They don't sell parts - you'd have to send it to them. They have pretty quick turnaround.

I've read that the way the scroll wheel/button is designed, you want to try to get in the habit of rolling in the bottom half of the wheel, and pressing to select on the top half of the wheel.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2015, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99100 View Post
Has any one else had problems with the scroller?

Is there a fix you can do yourself or do you have to send it off to HH?
It would help if you described exactly how it is behaving. There are several things going on in the scroll/select wheel. Its not selecting when you click it? Or when you Roll its lazy or its jumps multiple positions? Maybe its just dragging.
The short answer is Maybe. Its also possible to do more damage than you are trying to remedy.Probably if you need to ask directions to make an internal repair its better to send it to service.
Whatever the problem might be they will replace it.

Also.Yes. For best performance Click on top and Roll on the bottom half of the wheel.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

If you scroll in one direct say 1 click, it can jump a dozen clicks in the opposite or same direction very inconsistent very annoying but don't want to have to send it off as I am still flying each week atm and trying to set up a new heli
Old 11-20-2015, 10:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX9 Menu Scroller issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99100 View Post
If you scroll in one direct say 1 click, it can jump a dozen clicks in the opposite or same direction very inconsistent very annoying but don't want to have to send it off as I am still flying each week atm and trying to set up a new heli
In this case, you have no other option; You'll have to send it in to be professionally serviced.
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My DX7 Gen 2 had a similar issue where there was a dead spot on the wheel but if you went one click more it would jump two or three options and be super sensitive to touch in that particular spot. Returned it to the shop the next day and got a new one that didn't have this issue at all. So my suggestion is to send it back to Spektrum or talk to the dealer you bought it from if you are still liable for a replacement Tx.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2015, 03:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I will have to send it back to HH as I have had it a while, I will probably do it early next year as I am using it most weeks atm.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well after HH telling me I would need to send the controller in for repair, which I didnt want to do as I didnt want to miss any flying time. I phoned them up and spoke to somebody who told me they would send the part out and I could do it my self.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in