Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Progress report on the Heli-Max Black Hawk adjustment and break in period.

Had two wonderful flights with the little Black Hawk this afternoon. It stopped drizzling long enough for me to venture out in front of the house. Winds 5 to 10 as predicted, more on the 10 side mostly. No bother really, you just have to watch the turns from up wind to down wind and keep some altitude for the fall off. After adjusting the swash plate yesterday, the only trim required on the TX is +3 forward cyclic as stated in the Model Aviation review this month. The batteries are lasting the full five minutes. I suppose they needed to have a few cycles through them before they develop full power. After 5 minutes of flying the two batteries I use showed 28% and 26% remaining which is just about perfect.

I have been doing all of my flying in IU-1. I made a slight adjustment to that throttle curve on the TTX650. I am using low 70%, middle 80%, and high 100%. I like that it's linear and it does not cause the motor to bog down at all. You get that nose down and collective up and you better hold on. The little guy goes like a rocket.

I do have to say that this was a pretty good purchase. Everything the reviews said it was. To be able to fly something this great looking that handles as nicely as it does is something really special. Doing slow hovering circles in front and just watching it fly, then throwing a few chandelles at the turns, really shows off the nice profile of the scale bird. I am going to be really bummed out if I pile it into the ground.

Going to put it away now for a little bit. I am completely happy that it does everything they said it would. The batteries are at storage charge, my fingers were frozen. It was a lousy sunless drizzly day but exciting to get in a little nice flying. That's enough for now.

Last edited by meowguy; 12-02-2013 at 01:43 PM..
meowguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excellent report and it certainly sounds like you're a happy camper!

I like mine and it really does look good in the air. Hope HeliMax decides to come out with another scale bird or two!

Don
Digital Don is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah the Blackhawk is great. I have gotten it running well enough so I can taxi the heli around on the ground but you do have to watch it's every move as you run higher head speed and you have to lift the tail up and roll forward. Looks great and scale like when doing it but you need a ton of practice.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don View Post
I decided to play around with the Blackhawk/AnyLink/DX8 in the basement this afternoon. Tried a number of combinations of throttle and pitch curves, rates, and exponential settings. The profile below is what I came up with but I'm sure it will evolve.

Two things you need to know if you try it: First and most importantly, I have the lowest control rates set on the highest number for aileron, elevator, and rudder. Why? Because the highest number equals the the 'lowest' switch position. So 'low switch' position corresponds with 'low rate'. This is opposite of what most guys do but makes the most sense to me!

Second, this profile is for scale flight. I can't fly 3D, but even if I could, it wouldn't be with a Blackhawk! So, these settings will probably seem 'sluggish' to anyone used to an aerobatic setup.

Feel free to download and try the profile, and modify it to fit your flying style. Of course, at your own risk!

Don
Don,

I know I don't have a BH, but I am going to try and see if the settings you have here work for the EC145 I have.

I had tried using my Futaba T6J with any link and had some quirks in the 60% stick range. It almost seemed to hop around,it wasn't steady.

It's been almost a year since I have tried flying it because of my skill level, but I need to try and see if some modified Tx settings like you describe might help.

NMSUMAN
nmsuman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi nmsuman,

Good luck with the settings. Keep us posted as to how it works for you.

Don
Old 06-07-2015, 12:31 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I finally got around to flying mine and am having an issue that I need assistance with.

As you can read on the description of the video below I wasn't to get any flight time more than a few seconds before it powers down. Then add the video is recorded by my daughter it won't go to any point to transition into flight. It does either of two things:

1. Spools up for just a second and sound around on the tail rotor power

2. Discontinues all power to main motor and only provides collective input.

Set up is:
1. Nine-eagles Solo Pro 130 (equal to Heli-max EC145
2. Futaba T6J Transmitter
3. AnyLink Module

Nine Eagles Solo Pro 130 Troubles (EC145):
Nine Eagles Solo Pro 130 Troubles (EC145) (1 min 17 sec)
Old 06-08-2015, 09:42 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the tail rotor on backward?

Don
Old 06-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don, I'm pretty sure not, I can check again. I did have some good hovers for a few seconds. Longest was 10-15 seconds before it cut power. And the tail held great when it was up. I say that with very limited experience. Haha! Worth a check in the morning.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My horizontal stab broke off and being the perfectionist I am, I stripped it all down to replace the fin which is held in by the two halves of the fuselage. After reassembly I notice the marker lights are no longer working. I believe they are wired in series and either one bulb blew out, or there is a broken or pinched wire.

When you reassemble the bird, make sure you note the length of the screws. If you put a long one in place of a short one, it will punch through the other side and turns the plastic white. Replace it with the proper size and and little OD paint will touch it up.

Still loving this little bird. You will just marvel and the engineering of it if you have to take it apart.

It is a more reliable and more fun to fly heli than my Blade 180 CFX which is about the same size.
meowguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2015, 11:34 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought a used crashed one off of Ebay.

The tail servo is fried,it got so hot that it melted the case. Is there a recommended servo besides stock?
CrashandBurn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2019, 09:00 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don View Post
Hi nmsuman,

Good luck with the settings. Keep us posted as to how it works for you.

Don
Don,

So I took a long break from the hobby. Do you still get this bird up in the air?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in