Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spartan gyro on logo 5003D

Hi!!

I have done the set up after the install movie here on Helifreak but my tail is just waging.My rate is down in 63% in rate mode 1 my throtel curve is 100-100-97-100-100 in idle up 2 and it still wagging i have chek my ball link is mounted 14mm from the servo shaft and i have around 8 degrees,my servo arm is 90 also.My tail servo is a Futaba 9257 and i have one blue blink on my gyro.I have also chechk my end points and they are fine too. is my servo too slow or what sould i do?Is there any one how have the setup whith everything?Daniel
kanglou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2008, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanglou View Post
Hi!!

I have done the set up after the install movie here on Helifreak but my tail is just waging.My rate is down in 63% in rate mode 1 my throtel curve is 100-100-97-100-100 in idle up 2 and it still wagging i have chek my ball link is mounted 14mm from the servo shaft and i have around 8 degrees,my servo arm is 90 also.My tail servo is a Futaba 9257 and i have one blue blink on my gyro.I have also chechk my end points and they are fine too. is my servo too slow or what sould i do?Is there any one how have the setup whith everything?Daniel
The s9257 is not the best for a heli of this class. Put at last a s9254 or 8900G. The best one is BLS251. Also mount the metal plate under the gyro if you haven't already done. It helps.
uragano47812 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 03:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

If you have Spartan link use the setup software to check the gain to the gyro which should be around 40% - could also try a different set of tail blades - I could never get my Spartan to play nice with my Logo 500 and ended up putting on a V-Bar
Old 11-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Interesting guys. I ran my 500 on a spartan prior to going v-bar. Ran it both with and without the metal plate and didn't notice any difference. It also played with my 500 and was actually easier to get it to hold right compared to my vbar.

Big Fil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

I don't think tail wagging is often (if ever) due to the gyro - it is usually some binding in the system - checklist:

Ball links
Tail pushrod
Tail lever
Slider
Slider yolk arms
Grip ball links
Grip thrust bearings
Blade grip not too tight and even both sides

It was a big problem on the Trex 600 and largely cured by a thrusted tail though sometimes the thrust bearing stuck in the grips causing the same probs
Old 11-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My spartan on my FB 500 works great with BL251 Futaba tr servo, no issues at all. Set endpoints in the software, put deceleration to 50% and works great. The 9257 is "WAY" to small of a servo for the 500 imho. Each to their own but I feel the largest heli a 9257 should be on is a 450 size, that's it. I run a 251 on my 400 logo as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in