Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #61 (permalink)
Fear the Spork!!

Keep us posted on the outcome
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got hit too. So did my gf.. I suspected it was them,. but wasn't 100% sure. Glad I found this thread.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Why not just use Paypal?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #64 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Wow, I got hit too, but thought it was a different retailer. I too have purchased a few things through helidirect..
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bob View Post
Why not just use Paypal?
Because some of us don't have, can't have, won't have PP accounts for various reasons...I, for one, lost my PP "privilege" for life, NOT due to any kind of scam, but because they considered my use of PP to purchase a gun part, which is not against their terms of use policy, an act that deserved being banned for life, even though I'm a cop and the transaction was not only legal, but also found by their own management to not be against there policy as well! I "won" my appeal over the situation, but their "special" department decided I was now "too risky" for them to continue my membership, despite 10+ perfect years using PP...

Besides, PP isn't exactly 100% for sure protected either...they've had their share of issues as well, which are becoming more common place recently.
Outrage Velocity 50N2 FBL, OS 55HZ, Beast X
memosteve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was hit with close to $1000 on my card back in early December for a hotel in Cairo, was wondering who was responsible for the lost customer info.
Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Starcruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, it seems all of us were hit about the same time frame...so far, so good on my latest order, but I'll give it a full week before I decide it's a victory!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe this happened in December as my GF ordered my xmas present there for me and then got hit last month.. I've placed 3 orders in January(with my new card before i realized it was them), and so far so good. nothing suspicious yet.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same thing happened to my BofA VISA i used to buy stuff from helidirect on BF. It's too much a coincindence that it would happen to me also after buying from helidirect. It was over $500 in various out of country hotel charges.

BTW orders were placed on a brand new macbook air I just took home from a BF apple store sale, so a virus is very unlikely.
T-rex 600EFL V-bar T-rex 700E V-Bar
magbarn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all,

We want to inform you all that we do aware of this issue, and we take this matter very seriously. We do everything we can to make sure our server is safe for our customers. We have scanned the server and fixed any issues related with security. We also just upgraded our server and have PCI compliance installed on the server to scan and check our server daily. Please rest assure now that all these problems have been addressed by our professional IT staff and the server now is clean and safe. We wont post any message here if we are not confident that we have addressed this issue.

Thank you

HeliDirect Staff
helidirect is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helidirect View Post
Hi all,

We want to inform you all that we do aware of this issue, and we take this matter very seriously. We do everything we can to make sure our server is safe for our customers. We have scanned the server and fixed any issues related with security. We also just upgraded our server and have PCI compliance installed on the server to scan and check our server daily. Please rest assure now that all these problems have been addressed by our professional IT staff and the server now is clean and safe. We wont post any message here if we are not confident that we have addressed this issue.

Thank you

HeliDirect Staff
Thanks for the update. Did you indeed find something on your servers to account for these scams? I ask because it would be a relief to know that something was indeed found and removed, rather than just do scans on the server. Also, was any customer information stolen? In addition to credit card information, your server also has customer names, addresses, and order history...was any of this compromised?
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helidirect View Post
Hi all,

Thank you

HeliDirect Staff

Awesome!

I've had no issues thus far since my last order a few days ago, so I'm confident all is well...
Old 02-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
Thanks for the update. Did you indeed find something on your servers to account for these scams? I ask because it would be a relief to know that something was indeed found and removed, rather than just do scans on the server. Also, was any customer information stolen? In addition to credit card information, your server also has customer names, addresses, and order history...was any of this compromised?

@ HeliDirect

I second the question. did you fix a threat/hole? And I assume more than CC info was stolen as it seems they have my name and address too. We need to know, if you need to please contact us via email or snail mail as we need to protect our identities and credit.

I am not yet convinced thus will not be using your site for purchases until additional communications are provided addressing the above.
Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Starcruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello all,

I totally understand your concern and I would like to address it here to you all clearly.
We did found the security issues on the server and we removed and fixed it completely. But for security reason, we can't discuss in detail here, but rest assure that this problem has been fixed and resolved fully. We then scanned the whole server again for similar threat; Applied latest software updates; upgraded to new server, and installed PCI compliance on the server for daily scan.

For this issue, only certain number of people are affected. The database was not compromised, and therefore not everyone have this issue.

Best Regards,

HeliDirect Staff
helidirect is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #75 (permalink)
Fear the Spork!!

I commend HD for standing up to the plate and taking the admission. Lets hope the issue is fixed. I have always enjoyed shopping at HD and hope to shop there troublefree in the future.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not trying to stir trouble for Helidirect and am very happy with the many orders I have placed with them, but there is one thing about this situation that concerns me.

Why was Helidirect putting out information like this on the 28th of Jan?

''I can 100% assure you that our site is safe, secure and without issue. However, as a security pre-caution, we are looking into this matter very closely, and will be sure any issues are addressed.
Again, I emphatiocally state that our site has no issues, and is 100% safe & secure.
Please, let me know if I can assist you in any other way.''

There was a security issue with their site which they have admitted now and to say things like this, when they had no idea what was going on is pretty dodgy.
I remember another company that behaved like that (CC) and those behaviours will be remembered for a long time to come.
When you say 100% safe, I expect to not get my money stolen or see flames from my heli. These companies need to start worrying more about their customers and less about only the money.
scottyay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would like to know the timeline of events with dates because I have made several purchases in January and need to know if those CCs could have possibly been compromised. So I can take whatever action that I need to to protect myself. Helidirect please provide this info. It would be of great service to your customers.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

I made a few purchases with heli direct in the past month, the last one being 2/21/2012 and my card was shut off the next day with 3 suspicious charges that took place within a minute of each other, 1 charge included a hotel called " manorhouse" which the fraud department says is considered a "unknown" location. the card has been cancled and because of this I cant replace my charger which just died last night and so I wont be flying this weekend. I will still do business with helidirect however it will be on a dedicated CC

Align Trex 500 Scorpion 3226-1400 powered missile
Wildcards is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CC theft

So it appears that this issue has not been fully resolved with Heli-Direct.

Not good!!
Rotors Up is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotors Up View Post
So it appears that this issue has not been fully resolved with Heli-Direct.

Not good!!
Darn.. I really want to place an order with them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in