Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default About to take the plunge!

Hey there!

It's been a while since I have posted... I have been swamped with work and haven't had much time to fly, work on heli's

I already own a TREX 500e and, of course... I want to go bigger. I basically upgraded to the 500 so I could be more adventurous with my Blade 400. However, I find the Blade 400 so jittery and light that I don't really fly it at all... so I am still really tentative with the 500.

I am getting much more bold flying my Blade MCPX - which I think is a better trainer than a simulation could ever be.

I also haven't built any of my heli's and want to build one.

So - I am planning to purchase and build: Align T-Rex 600EFL Pro Super Combo Flybarless Kit w/Motor, ESC, Servos, Gyro (12S)

I need to buy a receiver (any suggestions?) and Batteries (Again... any suggestions?) I am not a 3Ger (doubt I will ever be) - and right now am still learning to seamlessly switch between nose in and nose out flight.

Is there anything else I should think about during the purchase/build process?

REALLY excited about the project!
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

In stock form the B400 will always stay jittery and light. It takes some work and $$ to settle them down into a great heli. But it can be done.

I assume you run a Spektrum Tx?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes on the spektrum tx
Old 06-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it were me, I'd consider swapping out the 3Gx and put a BeastX on it. For the RX, the Spektrum AR8000 & a satellite. Batteries are going to be tough.. the good ones are kinda hard to find right now. Gens Ace work great, Nano Tech are decent, but neither are to be found in 3300 capacity right now. You're stuck with the high priced ones from Hyperion or Thunder Power, or go with more budget oriented batteries (I'm sure other folks can weigh in on good alternatives). I'd also consider nixing the BEC and go with a 2S LiFE- I feel a lot more comfortable with this setup.
T-Rex 700 HV DFC w/VBar, Kosmik 200 & KDE700XF - My muscle heli
HFMan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

any 6s batter that is no larger than 155mm x 51mm x 51mm will work
I have some 4000mah sky lipos I use
had to secure them with tape to the battery tray as the 51mm x 51mm part doesnt leave room for velcro
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thanks for the advice!! ... why are the batteries so hard to find?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think maybe because this side of the hobby has taken off so strongly.

I am running a T-500 with the 3GX and Spektrum DSMX sats. There is a slight difference between it and the Vbars on my larger helis, but if they are set up correctly, I have found them to be as stable as one could ask for. I have flown both the 3G (with sensor mod) and the 3GX.

I have much more time on my Vbars, but have just recently started back on my 500 with the 3GX.

Good luck.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

3gx is a good unit for the bigger helis but I would strongly suggest pulling it and dropping an ar7200bx in there. There perfect at the stock settings for learning to hover threw slow aerobatics on a 600. When your ready you can turn up the controller and have a fast 3d monster, its really up to you. The 3gx is great also, drop 2 satellites on there and bind it to your 7+ ch tx and go. But I find they need more tuning right out of the gate in compression with a beastx. A lot more.

You could get some cheap 3000 and keep the head speed low as to get longer flight time? Plus you dont want a ton of head speed if your learning anyway. Some one more up on the 600 pro could help on if it will balance correctly or not with the smaller packs.

Nothing wrong with a bec other then just another link in the chain that can fail. I prefer a separate battery for my radio. Just have to remember to charge it once in a while. lol

HTH
rototiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks... I ended up with the AR7200bx because the 3gx I got was defective, and I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of getting it replaced before I could fly.

I also ended up upgrading the BEC to the CC BEC Pro.

I am running the separate battery for the radio - glad I went that way. It is nice to be able to work with radio with the main packs offline.

She flys GREAT- so pleased with this heli.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in