Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 05:38 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
biggest thing is to make sure you hit enter after each selection. The first time I went threw putting everything on what it should be but never entered anything. If I was you I would do the start and stop and everything else and at the end go back to gov store and hit enter.
Hi Micah Thank you for the advice, I've went through the setup several times and I am hitting enter after each parameter. I just took a video showing what I'm doing but I will post that in my thread under the yge section once it uploads. I thought I was getting closer to getting this setup right and now I feel like I've just taken 4 steps back.

Now after going thru setup I go to do gov store and I get initial beeps and 6 beeps for my 6 cells. The It should be beeping once waiting for high and low throttle to be remembered. But instead the light stays on dim and when I get about just under half throttle it beeps again and if I go full throttle the motor tries to spin but just jerks a little and freezes up. You'll see in the video once I upload it and you watch it. Maybe from there someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you again Micah for your response!
buggyalstare1971 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 06:07 AM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default yge gov store

Thanks to newbheliusr mine is good to go now! I'm using ar7200bx and I had to power it up first before the esc in order to set throttle endpoints. And then newbheliusr walked me right on thru the rest of the process until it was completed. Great guy that helped me out! Thank you newbheliusr!
buggyalstare1971 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2015, 02:09 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Guys,

i've a short question.
i've done the gov store setup with my YGE 90LV like it should be done.

Used a battery with 4v / cell

After the spool up to the full 100% i've made 3 flat curves, 65% / 70% / 80%
But when i disarm the throttle cut the heli spools up with a short hold-back in the beginning... what does that meen?

Here's a short movie. ( Don't mind the noise, that problem is already solved with the machine ) the hold-back is right in the beginning

http://youtu.be/uE1chOqQ7cI
sven75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2015, 02:09 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nobody?
Old 01-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine has that as well. Right now I am not running the Gov. but you can hear it just the second before it takes off. It's almost like the hesitation that tells you the Gov is set. Been doing for over a year and as you can see I just go right ahead and take off I am so use to it.

Slow flight of the Logo/KDS at IRCHA 14 in the wind (3 min 17 sec)
Old 01-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi There.... did you set the Throttle calibration on a liniar 0 -100 throttle curve correctly?

It should blip at its max RPM....... then settle again.....

power down as per the instructions and you should be sorted.
Kiwi-heli-nut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep i've done all that.
Even with a lipo with 4v per cell as recomended.

after the start up dip, everything seems to be fine, also when i go to idle 1 and 2.

Next week planned my Maiden of the goblin 500, and want to be shure it's oke
Old 01-26-2015, 03:58 PM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

Done the whole Gov store setup again .. but stil the same ..

weird, but like i said, it's only on the startup, after that stable rpm's..
Old 02-09-2015, 03:01 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried playing around with the start up speed and start up power settings?

You may need to increase your start up power and reduce the speed as an example.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:39 AM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've disable the gov store now, because my lipo's are too old for this. After 4'min my 5200mah packs where completly empty.

Now i'm flying with a flat curve , fine for now.
First i need better lipo's
Old 03-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do i redo teaching the max motor speed .Did it once how do i erase the previous stored speed
Old 03-20-2015, 05:26 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If your talking manually I believe you plug it in with the throttle at 100% It beeps twice and then lower the stick to the lowest setting. At least that is how 90% do it. I always use the program card.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:39 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks i have the prgm card ,how is done with the card .Dont want to erase my setting ,just want to re-teach the max motor speed
Old 03-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Each setting is only excepted after you push the enter button. So if all you want to change is the High setting just go to full speed on the card put your stick to full and press enter.

This confused me at first. I went threw setting what I thought I wanted everything at and at the end hit enter. Then I wondered why none of my setting changed. After every single change you have to hit enter.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:54 AM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am reading Jahrasta's post a little different.

If you want to reteach the motor speed you just need to do the gov store process again. Using the program card chose gov store, if you want then chose free wheeling. Not sure why you have to do it in that order but they say you do. Then disconnect and do your spool up to 100% like you normally would. That is all. The teaching process I do not think changes any of your settings.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:21 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is only if he is using Governor. To me he is asking about MAX speed not reteaching the Governor setting.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:40 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahrasta View Post
Thanks i have the prgm card ,how is done with the card .Dont want to erase my setting ,just want to re-teach the max motor speed
He says right here. This thread is about Gov Store Mode so I am assuming a little maybe?

Either way with both our answers he will get what he needs.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea! I think we covered it lol!
Old 08-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys

Im new to yge so wanted some info regarding the esc.
Iv got a YGE 90 lv which is going into a logo 550 sx and just saw some vids regarding the esc setup.Im planning to use to YGE governor.

I just want a clear view on the Gov store which i think people are using.

Firstly do i have to plug in the prog card and then switch on the esc with 100 percent throttle and after the beeps the throttle should come down in order to tell the esc the high and low throttle or is it done without the card.

Second.So i select active free wheel and gov store both ON with the card.
With Flat throttle curve at 100 percent at all the 3 modes (normal)(idle 1)(idle 2) and at throttle hold i again switch on the esc with the blades off and after motor backed off which seems little easy to me.Let the motor spool up at 100 percent flat curve ill hear a beep after which i will reduce the throttle to zero position.Will take off the prog card and switch off everything.

After that ill set the flat throttle curves for all the modes what ever head speed im looking for.

Is this all correct.If not please let me know.The easiest would be to back off the motor as it would be difficult to take off the belt as many things will have to be removed.

Regards
Team Pilot KDlipo Batteries.
Helimaster1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2023, 10:32 AM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Governor Store Setup - YGE new style ESC

Quote from Rob’s post. I thought it a good idea to have updated information here:

The manual just mentions (a) throttle ≥ 70% and (b) blades mounted for teaching Governor Store. The manual makes no mention of battery state of charge or collective pitch. I posted on the YGE FB group the following questions:

1) Does the LiPo battery need to be fully charged when teaching the Governor Store?

2) Does it make any difference to teach Governor Store between using a fairly new LiPo battery vs. an older and somewhat "tired" LiPo battery?

3) Does the collective pitch need to be at or close to 0° pitch when teaching Governor Store?

I'll report back.

2nd post Quote:

The advantage of using the VBCT/Neo with YGE is that the throttle endpoints are automatically calibrated, so as plug-n-play as it gets. Same applies to VBCT/Neo and Tribunus ESCs. The YGE Governor Store teaching (on the first flight) is however the same regardless of the radio or FBL system used.

Mayo Wa responded on FBook, so I think he answered all possible YGE Gov Store questions.

This was my post:

I own several YGE "T" series ESCs. I am very happy with them. I want to learn more about the "do's and don'ts" of teaching the Governor Store. The YGE manual just states to (a) use ≥ 70% throttle (b) with blades on. However the manual makes no mention of battery state of charge or collective pitch.

1) Does the LiPo battery need to be fully charged when teaching the Governor Store?

2) Does it make any difference to teach Governor Store between using a fairly new LiPo battery vs. an older and somewhat "tired" LiPo battery?

3) Does the collective pitch need to be at or close to 0° pitch when teaching Governor Store?

This was his answer:

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes

We recommend to teach the Gov Store with a fully charged battery, model ready for flight and zero pitch (No load) on the ground.
The reference RPM for the Gov Store will be teached in directly when the softstart is finished.

After that you can take off and fly. No restart needed.
Please don't take off before the softstart is finished, because this has effect on the load.

we recommend to teach in with a throttle of 70% or higher, because thats where the RPM behaviour of all common motors is linear.
generally the RPM depends on the input voltage. So it has an affect if you use an old/cold battery or a new/warm battery for teaching the Gov Store.
With a better battery you will have less voltage drop, so higher RPM.
The Gov Store teaches a reference RPM, so you will have always the same Headspeed, no matter what battery you use.
That's the only difference between Gov and Gov Store.
In normal Gov you have this teaching process at every flight. With Gov Store only once.

So if you teach the Gov Store with a good battery, and then use an older battery with more voltage drop, the ESC will automatically raise the PWM to reach the same RPM.

If you use an old battery for teaching the Gov Store, and then use a new battery, the ESC will automatically reduce the PWM to reach the same RPM that was teached in (in relation to your throttle demand ofcourse).
L
richardv likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in