Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2016, 08:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy YGE 60a keeps on beeping (6 times) in hold mode. Also, motor turns off in low stick

Any way to turn it off without buying the programming card?

Last edited by felixthemaster; 01-07-2016 at 10:07 AM..
felixthemaster is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2016, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Question

Seems like this is Error6: Start up mode failed. Anyone know how I can fix that?

Also the heli turned off in idle up 2 when I inverted it as if it was in normal mode). This is a second hand heli, by the way, was setup like this when i bought it. I checked and rechecked the throttle curve, it was a flat line and I was definitely in idle up 2.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been told that maybe it is an end point calibration issue but i did the calibration with the sticks (start at 100 and then go to 0% and unplug battery) and the way to clear the errors (start at 100% and unplug lipo) but I still get the error beeps. This may be a reason as to why the heli turns off at low stick even in idle up modes.

I have the 7200bx and it has a smartsafe failsafe that doesnt let the esc arm unless the throttle is in the low position, maybe that is what is preventing the ESC from starting? Even when i start the heli in low throttle position (esc arms straight away), still beeps 6 times after initializing.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Trying to use a YGE without the progcard is a form of self-punishment. LOL

Seriously, you will need it to get the most out of the unit and to access some of the better features. Obvious example - all you have to do is connect the card to reset your error. I got mixed results trying it with tension reset too.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just wanted a BNF protos for £300 without having to spend more time and money to get it to work xD
Seems like it is out of stock in the UK anyways, will need to import a progcard II from germany

By the way, unrelated question but where do you type in the head speed number on the progcard to change gov settings?
Old 01-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
I just wanted a BNF protos for £300 without having to spend more time and money to get it to work xD
Seems like it is out of stock in the UK anyways, will need to import a progcard II from germany

By the way, unrelated question but where do you type in the head speed number on the progcard to change gov settings?

You don't - All you will do with the program card (in terms of Gov) is select Gov or GovStore mode. You are also able to select between a few gain values for the Gov. Once that is done and you unplug the card, upon next initialization you will need to go to full throttle with a linear TC and wait for the motor to hesitate, thus signaling it has learned its max headspeed. You should do this with no blades and your Lipo charged to 4.0 - 4.05v/cell. Make sure its a good healthy pack. If you're using tired packs you may want to set them to 3.9v/cell.

Finally, use a headspeed calculator (preferably Mr. Mel's) and select your gearing, YGE Gov in the options, and 4.0v/cell in the drop down menu. The results will give you what throttle percentage will give you certain headspeeds. Set flat curves in your Tx based on these results and do some testing.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2016, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

That would be cool, if I knew my gearing xD I'll ask the guy who sold it to me.

Thanks.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in