Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam

Beam Beam Helicopters Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Taking to Gran Canaria with me

I am spending part of the winter in Gran Canaria to escape the dreary British skies. Since I'm not even sure how much flying I'll be able to do over there I think I have decided to take a 450, a few LiPos, a small charger and very basic tools.

So this is what will probably be coming with me (I haven't flown it in ages, just got the yellow MSH paddles);
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E4leftfront.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	469833   Click image for larger version

Name:	E4rightfront.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	469834  
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.

Last edited by trillian; 12-06-2013 at 12:26 PM..
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nice

Nice looking BEAM.

Low parts count...should work in your favor.

How did you choose the Canaries? Most of your compatriots are on Walking Street in Pattaya for the winter months..
onepiece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default beam

Love the colors on the canopy, where can I get one? Happy Flying!
Kornegay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah I have been to the Canary's for the last three or four years now, Tenerife and Gran Canaria, usually for just a week or so but this time I'll be there for five weeks.

Mainly because the flights are very cheap and it's only like 4.5 hours, you can leave London in the morning and be there by late afternoon. I would imagine accomodation in Thailand is cheaper but the flights are more expensive. I'd kinda like to see Chiang Mai sometime.

The canopy is a Fusuno. I got mine from Fast-Lad Performance as they're the only UK Beam stockist that I know of. (EvoRC still has some spares but nothing current)

One thing about Gran Canaria is it can be very windy sometimes so we'll see how it goes. I don't really expect to be able to do a lot of flying. There is a heli group organised by Stefan Segerer that go there in January and travel around the island a bit, mostly in the south so I'll try to find some of spots they fly but I'll be there before them as they arrive on the 18th of Jan.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default beam

Thanks! I will have to pick one up from Fusano, Looks easy to see, Happy Flying!
Kornegay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornegay View Post
Thanks! I will have to pick one up from Fusano, Looks easy to see, Happy Flying!
I'm hoping it will be good for visibility. I had a very nice looking canomod but it had too many different colors and designs and so it looked great on the ground but in the air at any distance it became a grey blob.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in