Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It all comes down to one thing, the buyer. There is no reason anyone cant google (or whatever search engine) anything they want to purchase (from most cell phones). With the net as a cunsumers friend, its their choice to buy junk.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

I seen a guy go into our LHS wanting parts for one of the mall helis. After the owner pretty much said hes burnt i felt really bad. Everytime i go to the mall i want to warn everyone at that kiosk.

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeorheli? View Post
I seen a guy go into our LHS wanting parts for one of the mall helis. After the owner pretty much said hes burnt i felt really bad. Everytime i go to the mall i want to warn everyone at that kiosk.
It's really sad the LHS owners don't tell them that there are tons of parts available for them online. Just because they didn't buy them there. I get all the parts for SYMA, JXD, and other off-brand coaxials all the time. I buy stuff straight from HK or mainland china all the time. I don't limit myself to what US distributors are willing to import. alibaba.com is riddled with parts for them..

or

on second thought, maybe they just don't know, but being in the business for so long, i doubt it. Like I said, they probably won't help because they didn't make a buck off of that sale. "I won't make anything by telling them where to go.", they think. I really hate people like that. They can be helpful if they wanted to.
fbarcenas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog7 View Post
Hey Kevin! What's up bro.

I agree, they're there to make money. One 'red flag' some may not realize is that they are renting that kiosk for a short time... for seasonal sales. Secondly, those sales people are most likely making minimum wage and/or commission.

... They will tell you anything to make a sale.

Kev, do they have those helis at the Auburn Mall too?
Hey Mike.. ya .. i've seen them at the Auburn mall a few other malls too.. even our local computer fix it store has a few in the window

i bought one of the mall helis before.. if you look at the directions in the box it tells you where to call for parts .. but most people trash it like a broken toy.. the ones who want "to fix it" are usually bound for bigger and better things anyway
kevinbattista is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbattista View Post
the ones who want "to fix it" are usually bound for bigger and better things anyway
I keep fixing them to keep them flying for my kids.

I don't think that handing them a 450 clone would be a smart idea. I don't want to see them lose any fingers or anything like that. So those cheap($20 dollar) coaxials really serve a purpose. As toys for your kids, and occasional indoor fun for you.
fbarcenas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Red face

Well to tell the truth....... , this is how all my troubles started...., been a planker for 30 + years ..... then curiosity .... bought one of those mall things .... and then....... ,
BIG TROUBLE WITH THE BANK MANAGER , THE HOME MANAGER AND MORE , BECAUSE I AM ON No. 5 ( Raptors 50/90 , .... & more ) AND THERE IS NO ESCAPE !!!!!

Old 11-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL SkyKing51 View Post
ohhh gezzz man have you surpassed your limit.
how far you pushed your self to get this level of the hobby?
Since you are basically talking to everyone on this site, I would say far enough to have lots of fun. Honestly, and I'm not trying to be a jerk, but even on a limited budget one can EASILY (if not painfully) spend well over 1k$ over time, and if that seems high you should really stick to smaller models. I am not on the street broke, but if I posted my income to heli spending ratio... OMG!
=\TICxTOC/= is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've seen these guys almost seriously hurt people flying these mall junk helis around. They take em up real high and hit something then they fall under power to the ground. I was half tempted to run over just take the remote and beat the guy with it!
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
It all comes down to one thing, the buyer. There is no reason anyone cant google (or whatever search engine) anything they want to purchase (from most cell phones). With the net as a cunsumers friend, its their choice to buy junk.
I agree research can be done but when a potential buyer sees a heli flying in the mall and the guy sells them on it, it is a pure impulse buy. That is what most purchases from the mall are. Research is a moot point when you buy on impulse, although you often regret it later.

BTW, a few people mentioned not researching, I just happen to quote your post because it was short so no offense intended.
blackmagic08 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

mall helis oh yeah I seen it here, no not in this forum here in phoenix in metro center mall..
i looked and shook my headfrankly I think my skyking and walkera is worth more to me.
i saw the clerk demo a what should be a apachie helicopter, it was nothing but from work of a heli, the flipping tail rotor don't even spin it was just for looks.
I seen a notar rc helicopter at hobby bench for $$99,99 the size of nitro t-rex

by the way since when the name rc helicopters after dinosuars?
XXL SkyKing51 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Run on and on and on.....

It is very hard to follow your train of thought. Commas and periods have an excellent place in sentences.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look I don't want to be confused when I said here I meant here in phoenix arizona not here on helifreak forum. understand now??
Old 11-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone else think XXL Skyking 51 is a mall vendor?

The name even sounds like one of the cheap POC things.

XXL, listen up, spending over 1k just on the model never mind batteries, receivers etc etc (and I'm talking £'s not $) is extremely normal in this hobby, I have models that are well over that, and they're not "big scale" or UAV's like in the pictures you posted, they are things like 50 size models, or things like the T-rex 700N, these are actual models and are typical of people who are really into the hobby rather than those taking a passing fancy, just FYI that pic you posted up, the UAV heli's are probably in the 20k range and they are not models at all actually but industrial helicopters for doing actual jobs with.

You come across to me as someone who is trying to defend the ripping off of people with WAY over priced pieces of garbage, and the only reasons I can think of is either you just bought one and are trying to feel better about it, or you sell them and are trying to defend the POC you sell to unwitting members of the public.
BK21 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wizzard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

BK, Mall salespeople typically demonstrate their products... for example, they fly them in close proximity to people walking about without injuring them.

I've just viewed a couple of XXL's vids, I don't think he's a vendor for 'mall helis'
Guidance by Futaba 14MZ Heli 2.4 GHz ......FUTABA-- Always Imitated, Never Duplicated
sleddog7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog7 View Post
BK, Mall salespeople typically demonstrate their products... for example, they fly them in close proximity to people walking about without injuring them.

I've just viewed a couple of XXL's vids, I don't think he's a vendor for 'mall helis'
Just checked his profile Heli #1 is a XXL Skyking.

So he clearly has bought one and then proceeds to come on here and basically tells everyone who is serious about this hobby that they're spending too much money on it, me thinks he is trying to justify his purchase when he saw some legitimate criticism of that part of the spectrum of rc heli's and how they're sold.

He could also be a vendor, not all vendors demo them.... in our local shopping centre (mall) there are several shops, and a couple of kiosks that sell these things, and NONE of them demo them.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

kevinbattista is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think Batman is after you jokers in his batcopter.
Seriously I 'm not idoit vender.What the heck is the matter with you guys?
I own a an XXL skyking rc helicopter 3 channel and 4 channel walkera 180 d dragonfly.

like what Heck is going on here ?
Look I said I was in the mall last momth to pay my cell phone and I saw what heck you guys talking about.

Do you need a miller high life time or some thing?
Old 11-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why come on here and basically tell people they're spending too much on something they love to do?

I would not go out and buy a cheap fishing rod or a cheap set of golf clubs and then tell someone else who has spent more to get bettter stuff they're spending too much on it, do you not see how that could p|ss them off?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK21 View Post
XXL, listen up, spending over 1k just on the model never mind batteries, receivers etc etc (and I'm talking £'s not $) is extremely normal in this hobby, I have models that are well over that, and they're not "big scale" or UAV's like in the pictures you posted, they are things like 50 size models, or things like the T-rex 700N, these are actual models and are typical of people who are really into the hobby rather than those taking a passing fancy, just FYI that pic you posted up, the UAV heli's are probably in the 20k range and they are not models at all actually but industrial helicopters for doing actual jobs with.
The thing is there are many different aspects to the RC hobby in general and what is perfectly normal for one group of people is way out there for other groups. There are people who enjoy flying their small indoor models and for some of them that is all the hobby will ever be. Then there are those of us who enjoy flying models that cost several thousand $/€/£.

For people in each of these groups it can be hard to understand what goes on inside the brains of people in the other group. When I was flying an mCX2, I never thought there was any chance of me flying a model with servos in it that cost twice what my little mCX2 did (each). Fast forward a little more than a year and it's amazing how things have changed for me.

That aside, XXL Skyking, I play with it purely for entertainment, it is not used for a practical application, therefor it is a toy! The fact that I'm flying around $3000 or more does not change that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in