Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The BL750H tail servo is an HV servo. Obviously there is no need for any kind of regulator with this servo.

Sometimes servos burn up through no fault of the user.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaze17 View Post
The BL750H tail servo is an HV servo. Obviously there is no need for any kind of regulator with this servo.

Sometimes servos burn up through no fault of the user.

S
True and Align is a good company they are replacing the servo.
jimmitch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys,

Is the big price difference between the HV and non HV 700E Super Combo Kits due to the servos only?

Man, I want the 700 bad.
davehour is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbplomp View Post
I am currently building a 700E DFC. There is "no" step-down voltage regluator in the kit. You don't need it.
My 700E DFC HV kit came with a step down for the tail servo. Just didn't use it, put in JRHV servos and a Futaba HV tail servo from the start.....Still have all the Align for sale.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Hi guys,

Is the big price difference between the HV and non HV 700E Super Combo Kits due to the servos only?

Man, I want the 700 bad.
Yes it is
#1 Goblin 770 Pyro 800-48-480kv, HW V4, Ikon 2
#2 Goblin 500 Xnova 4020-2Y-1200kv, HW V3,Ikon 2
#3 Goblin 380 Quantum 880kv, HW 100 V3, Ikon 2
snoshoe62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to post a warning to anyone building this heli. I'll start by saying that I'm not bashing Align or anything. I have a lot of Align helis and the quality has always been great. I did, however, have an issue with my 700DFC that was definitely a manufacturing issue.

Check the tail rotor shaft carefully.

I was flying yesterday and wasn't doing any sort of 3D or hard flying. I was just more or less flying racetrack patterns around the field. I had the heli hovering about 50 feet up and the tail blades flew off the heli, still connected to the grips. The heli, of course, spun out of control. I immediately hit the throttle hold, but of course it's a pile of parts now. The tail rotor shaft snapped off (a very clean break) right at the rotor hub. The break was even with the edge of the rotor hub, not inside the rotor hub where the set screw is. Several people saw the tail blades come off and the heli fall out of the sky.

I have seen other threads online with other people reporting concerns with the tail rotor shaft as well (700E, 700N), so this does not appear to be isolated to mine. If anyone knows of an alternative manufacturer for this part, I'd appreciate the info.

For anyone interested in what a 700 crash like this costs, here's the list of parts that I've had to order thus far:

- Canopy
- Frames (both sides)
- Skid mounts
- Skid pipes
- Main shaft
- Feathering shaft
- Main blades (tail blades are fine)
- Tail boom
- Torque tube
- Tail boom braces
- Tail pitch assembly
- Rear drive gear set
brwilkins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope you didn't tighten down the hub bolts to tight in the blade grips. That could just be a disaster waiting to happen.

On the older 700/600 models with the "black" metal tail grips, this issue was seen due to the play inside the grips and the bolt was taking the load. Therefore causing the bolt to snap and then throwing the blade grips.

I'd say this might just be isolated in your case just because of the simple fact at least to MY knowledge there hasn't been any incidents *yet* with the newer style v2 (silver) blade grips. The new grips have (2) radial bearings & thrust bearings, the outer bearing is more or less taking the load rather then the bolt. I have them on my v2 and there is just about 100 flights on them.

Just putting it out there but hey, you never know it could just start happening to everyone again lol
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Slop In tail gears

I hope you guys can help. I maiden my 700 HV today and it went well .It is rock solid on hover and during flight.But when I do pitch pumps the tail shacks .I am seeing some slop in the shaft at the gears.Could this cause the shake? My 700n shaft has no slop there.Are your gears tight?

Last edited by jimmitch; 08-01-2012 at 10:24 AM..
Old 07-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFlysHelis View Post
My 700E DFC HV kit came with a step down for the tail servo. Just didn't use it, put in JRHV servos and a Futaba HV tail servo from the start.....Still have all the Align for sale.
I must correct this. Today until my surprise I saw there apparently is a step-down voltage regulator in the kit. But as mentioned, you don't it on a HV servo. I think I am going to use a straight 2S LiPo as a flight pack.
wbplomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbplomp View Post
I must correct this. Today until my surprise I saw there apparently is a step-down voltage regulator in the kit. But as mentioned, you don't it on a HV servo. I think I am going to use a straight 2S LiPo as a flight pack.
I am doing the same. The whole point of the HV servos is having the ability to use a 2-cell lipo straight to your FBL controller without the need for a regulator

S
Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Straight 2s lipo on mine, no trouble at all.
#1 Goblin 770 Pyro 800-48-480kv, HW V4, Ikon 2
#2 Goblin 500 Xnova 4020-2Y-1200kv, HW V3,Ikon 2
#3 Goblin 380 Quantum 880kv, HW 100 V3, Ikon 2

Last edited by snoshoe62; 07-30-2012 at 08:00 AM..
snoshoe62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmitch View Post
I hope you guys can help. I maidened my 700 HV today and it went well .It is rock solid on hover and during flight.But when I do pitch pumps the tail shacks .I am seeing some slop in the shaft at the gears.Could this cause the shake? My 700n shaft has no slop there.Are your gears tight?
Fixed it today the governor gain was set at 25 brought it down to 15 .Now it's flies great .Thanks Align tex support.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #193 (permalink)

here is a dumb question since we are on the subject of align 700, I am trying to figure out how to read my data log graphs, so here are the first two (after I had dialed everything in) is everything showing where it should be or do I have lots of work to do still. ? sorry the data logs wont show up, but they are in the 450 section under where should this graph be, can any one help me out?

Last edited by sarah1097; 07-30-2012 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: add pictures
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #194 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Sarah,

I looked at your graphs and there are a couple issues. The RPM just isn't 3500-4000 on your 700. I noticed that you have 6 poles set, but I think the Align motor has 10 (double check that one). Make sure that the gears, motor kV and poles are all correct both in the software when you configure the bird, and again when you read the data. That will definitely affect the RPM shown. The temp looks great, the power looks a little low to me, but maybe you were taking it easy. 8^)

You may want to include the power out % in logging too, as that will tell you a lot about how the motor likes the setup. Too low or too high means that a pinion or headspeed change could be of benefit.

Otherwise great!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

See my previous post #186 regarding the broken tail rotor shaft that caused my crash.

Let me tell you guys something... I've been in contact with Jack at Enterprise Hobby (AlignTrexStore.com) and Tim at AssuranceRC. These guys have been awesome to work with on this. Truly great service. I won't go into the particulars because I don't want someone reading this taking advantage of them, but I talked to them (and Align through them) and both treated me great! Note: I wasn't asking for a handout and wasn't given one, but I was treated more than fairly.

Great service is hard to find these days. Assurance and Enterprise have sure earned my business.

Thanks Jack and Tim!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwilkins View Post
See my previous post #186 regarding the broken tail rotor shaft that caused my crash.

Let me tell you guys something... I've been in contact with Jack at Enterprise Hobby (AlignTrexStore.com) and Tim at AssuranceRC. These guys have been awesome to work with on this. Truly great service. I won't go into the particulars because I don't want someone reading this taking advantage of them, but I talked to them (and Align through them) and both treated me great! Note: I wasn't asking for a handout and wasn't given one, but I was treated more than fairly.

Great service is hard to find these days. Assurance and Enterprise have sure earned my business.

Thanks Jack and Tim!
Jack is a great guy, I can vouch for him.

Last edited by davehour; 08-02-2012 at 06:39 AM..
davehour is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Could a few folks post up their AUW minus batteries, and list components?
It would be greatly appreciated.

shawn
Shawn Behrens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmon View Post
Could a few folks post up their AUW minus batteries, and list components?
It would be greatly appreciated.

shawn
I don't have the weight without packs, but I can give you the flying weight and my setup. My 700 is completely stock (HV servos) and using two Spectrum DSMX satellite receivers connected directly to the 3GX. Packs are 2 Zippy 6S 5000 45C packs and 1 Hyperion 2S 2600 lipo directly into the 3GX. Weight at this configuration is exactly 12 pounds.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

brwilkins Thank you.

I just looked up your batteries and total weight 1920 grams or 4.23 lbs
12s zippy 5000 45C = 1776 grams
2s hyperion 2600 (vx) = 144 grams

That brings your AUW minus batteries to 7.77 lbs.
Not too bad for an align 700.

Thank you
shawn
Shawn Behrens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

Or..., for 1493 grams you can get this pack and it's much better quality and durability than the Zippies.

http://www.progressiverc.com/spyderb...00mah-30c.html

Team GrandRC
ualdrivr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in